Chapter Four

Selfish Lies

 

DARA’s POV

I carefully poured the hot water into the pot and watched it change color as it mixed in with the tea leaves. I’m now in the kitchen preparing tea for the unexpected guest. I fixed the cups on the tray before carrying it and heading out to the living room where I left Bom with him.

“So what are you doing here, Kwon Jiyong-ssi…?” I heard Bom asked as soon as I got out of the kitchen. “Are you here for Dara?” she asked giddily, eyeing me as I place the tray on the table.

“I already told you Bommie, I don’t know him personally.” I sighed an answer before sitting beside her.

“Well... you might not know him, but he might… know you...” She replied and looked at me as if there’s something else hidden behind those simple words. I blinked a few times at her as I analyzed what she just said, “That might be true..” I thought before finally taking a glance up to the guest. My heart skipped a beat when I saw him staring at me.

He smiled and said, “Ani.. I don’t know her...” With that answer I looked away.

“Oh.” Bom answered with a tone of disappointment, glanced at me for a second then went back to asking him questions. “Well, what brought you here then?”

“Umm.. that… uh… I..” He’s stuttering again, does he have a speech problem or something? “Ah, I’m on vacation! Right.. vacation…” he finally answered like he forgot why he’s here and just remembered it now.

“Omo are you lost? Is that why you were talking to Dara? But she really doesn’t have a sense of direction you know. You’d probably get more lost if you asked her for directions!” Bom exclaimed.

Oh my gahd” I thought as I mentally did a facepalm. Why does my bestfriend have to be this dorky and talkative?

“Uhh hahaha yeah.. I guess I’m lost.. hehe..” he answered awkwardly in embarrassment as he scratched the back of his neck.

That somehow made me giggle. “He’s kinda cute if you take a good look at him.

Bom continued talking to him while I began to take a notice of how he looks. A brown-haired young man who’s probably a few inches taller than me. Not so skinny, but not very muscular either. I’d say a fairly average man with distinct features. He glanced at me again, and at that moment I noticed how beautiful his eyes are and his smile… that boyish smile… it’s warm and comfortable and… somehow familiar? I blinked at him as we continued to stare at each other’s eyes and felt my heart began to beat faster..

Then I heard the doorbell rang. I stood up abruptly and said, “I’ll.... get it..”

I rushed to the door while holding my hand up to my chest, feeling my heart racing... “What’s wrong with me…?” I thought before opening the door.

“Noona!”

 

 

END OF DARA’s POV

--

JIYONG’s POV

My head snapped towards the door when I heard someone yell.

“Ah. That must be Kevin.” The girl named Bom said after checking the time on her watch, then looked back at me with a smile before standing up to walk towards the door. Not knowing what to do, I stood up as well and followed her. It’s kinda awkward just sitting alone at someone else’s home, you know.

I frowned at the sight that greeted me as soon as I reached the door. Someone is hugging Sandy! WTH IS THIS?! SOME RANDOM GUY IS HUGGING SANDY!? I was about to charge at them and pull the guy away from her when I heard her laugh. She’s laughing. That laugh, the sound that I’ve always loved. I missed that. I closed my eyes as I let myself drown into the beautiful melody. But when I opened my eyes again, the guy was still clinging unto her and made my blood boil. Just who the heck is this?!

“Noona I really missed you!” the unknown guy said in a sweet voice as he hugged her tighter.

She giggled at him, hugged him back and patted his head, “Aww Kevin-ah, I missed you too.”

“Yah! How about me?” I heard Bom interrupting the ‘lovey-dovey’ scene and gained a laugh from the guy who is apparently named ‘Kevin’. “Of course I missed you too Bom-noona!” he said as he finally pulled away from Sandy to go and give Bom a hug as well.

The atmosphere right now is like a reunion. A reunion between friends who haven’t seen each other for years. And that made my heart ache. Shouldn’t this kind of scene be the same as when I came to see her? Shouldn’t this be the kind of greeting that I’ll get from her? Shouldn’t I be the one telling her that I missed her? And she would in return tell me that she missed me too?

 

----------------------------------------------

Hello hello dear readers!! I'm so sorry for the late update, I was busy with other stuff... hope you didn't forget me yet! and also forgive me for the short update..  -__-