Round 1

Bear Glasses, Awkward Hoots

 

After one of my classmate finally took down Amber, Ms. Choi gave us a 30-minute break. Thank goodness. She allowed us to roam around, play, eat or whatever we want to do but told us to be back at 5. 
 
It's already 4:30 in the afternoon and soon the sun will touch the horizon. The sky is still clear but with touch of feather-like clouds and faint tint of yellow fading to orange. I started to walk around and felt the cool breeze. I'm in deep thought about what happened earlier. Everything got drastically worse and it's only the first day of the trip. I sighed as I pick up a small sea shell. I straighten my back and continue to walk, my gaze on the sea.
 
I've been walking for quite a while and found myself by the cliff side, a few meters away from the edge. Everyone is probably in the cafeteria. I didn't feel like eating. I have so many thoughts that I don't feel hungry anymore. 
 
I wonder where my best friends are, Chaerin and Seonyu. Are they having a good time? I hope they are. I'm also thinking of what my parents are doing. They haven't called for a week. As if that's new. I just hope they want to check if their daughter is still breathing. I'm also worried about college. The coming SAT exam. And the scholarship I've applied for college. The result will be two weeks from now. But what I'm most worried about is what will become of me after what happened earlier. I want to be alone at this moment as I've always been. Just to clear my thoughts and breath for a moment. I look up at the sky and sighed, my hands inside my short pockets. It's cooler out here.  
 
I was preoccupied with my thoughts until I was distracted by the sound of footsteps against the rocks. I turned around and froze.
 
"You really have guts, don't you?" Yongguk smirked. The sound of his deep voice sending chills down my spine and annoyance visible in his eyes.
 
"I.. uhh...I...." I stuttered, not knowing what to say. Why am I scared? Just say sorry! Oh, well, as if he's going to let everything go if I apologize.
 
"What? You what?" still smirking, he started to walk towards me. Every step he made forward, I step back.
 
The cold wind suddenly blew and as if it brought me back into my senses. This is silly. What am I afraid of? I'll just say sorry. I abrupty stop from stepping back and realized that I was almost at the edge of the cliff. I let out a deep sharp sigh and glared back at him. He suddenly stopped from coming forward as the smirk on his face faded. But it came back immediately but this time a somewhat amusement in his eyes. 
 
"You might want to come forward, baby. You might fall..." his voice got smoother but with a teasing sound. He reach his arms out as he started to step forward again. 
 
I was taken aback at his sudden gesture and cringe at the endearing word he used. I'm still glaring at him with a brow raised. Quite confused of what he's actually doing. Kingkong, really? Are you bipolar or something? 
 
"Look, I just want to....." I started but was interrupted by the sound of someone.
 
"Hey!" Yongguk and I both turned to the direction and saw Myungsoo. Yongguk scoffed off and glared at Myungsoo. He back away a little as response.
 
"You! Stay out of this or you're dead." Yongguk warned. I signaled Myungsoo to get out of here but he continued.
 
"Okay, as much as I want to stay out of your business but Ms. Choi is looking for her." he cleared. 
 
Yongguk returned his gaze at me, his eyes now back with annoyance. His face is dead serious. He's definitely bipolar. I glanced to where Myunsoo is at and he's giving me a signal to come over quickly. I quickly walk passed by Yongguk but caught my arm, his grip tight. I didn't dare look at him but instead look down the ground. He leaned closer until our faces are only few inches away. I blushed at the sudden closeness.
 
"This is not over yet, baby." He whispered. I can feel my face heating up and I almost physically shiver because of the sound of his deep voice this close to my hearing. Then he let go and I immediately walked over Myungsoo.
 
I took one last glance at Yongguk and saw his evil smirk.
 
 
 
"Hey, are you alright?" Myungsoo suddenly asked. I looked back at him.
 
"Ohh...ye... yes I'm good..." I assured.
 
"Okay, that's good." he chuckled a little.
 
"Ms. Choi is looking for me?" I asked, remembering what he said earlier.
 
"Oh, that.... nah, just made that up." I stopped from walking and look at him in disbelief.
 
"What are you thinking? If Kingkong finds out...." I was interrupted by his sudden burst of laugher.
 
"Wait, you call him Kingkong?.. hahahahaha" 
 
"Hey, this is not the time to laugh! If he finds out, you're dead." I said and started walking again.
 
"That is, IF he finds out. You're not telling him, right? And why are you getting mad at me? Should I at least get a "thank you"? I kind of, you know, saved you..." he teased as he catch up.
 
"Well, thank you! And I'm not mad. I just doesn't want anyone to be involved in the trouble. And how did you know I was in trouble?" I raised a brow and questioned him.
 
"I was eating with couple of my friends and saw Kingkong walked up by the cliff side. Then I noticed you. And because of what happened earlier, I guess, that means trouble." He explained.
 
"Oh... okay. Thank you, again.." I touched my arm where Yongguk gripped. It still stings a little. Now, remembering it, it started to piss me off.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Now, the even's turn to do the throwing. We, the odds positioned ourselves in the middle. The sea is starting to burn reflecting the color of the sky. Fire orange fading to a darker shade of sky blue. The color contrast is so intense that it looks too pleasing for one's sight, you'll think you're dreaming. It's almost sunset. 
 
"I guess, the Odd team, rested well enough..." Ms. Choi started.
 
"...Odd team's time is 75 minutes and if Even team can finish this game faster then they get the reward. A festival buffet." she teased and winked. 
 
Our team, the Odd team, started whining to what she just said. She could have just said that even before the whole game started! But food is at stake here after all. We won't make it easy for the Even team. No no no. 
 
I shook my head in disbelief, still upset about the announcement and felt Myungsoo patted my back. I look at him and have the same reaction. I turned my gaze to the opposite side when I saw Yongguk, his arms crossed and a smirk plastered on his face. I hanged my head, I inhaled deeply and exhaled in order to condition myself and get ready to play. 
 
When the whistle was blown, the game started.
 
 
 
It's a good thing I didn't wore a fitted top. I can almost see all he boys enjoying the sight. Basically the white shirts turn into see-through as the water soaked everyone either from tripping and falling on the water or because of the splashes from running back and forth. I'm soaked, too. But just up to the waist. Fortunately, I'm not clumsy. Everyone is pushing anyone just to avoid getting hit. And the girls....well, they're really not pleased with the sight. Not every guy actually have a well-built body figure. Except for Minho, Yongguk, Myungsoo and Cheondung.
 
An hour have passed but we're down to 5. That's including me and Myungsoo. I also see Chanmi. Now, I regret not eating. I feel more exhausted and feel like throwing up. My throat feels dry and running around in the water is harder than on a firm ground. I noticed Myungsoo is also panting. He noticed me looking at him and he smiled. I smiled back. Then as if a bullet passed by me, someone went down in the water. What the heck did just happened. I blinked few times and look at where the ball came from and saw Yongguk smirking, cracking his knuckles. I darkly eyed him but he just continue to smirk at me and put on a cocky expression. I scoffed. Pathetic.
 
My attention turned back to where I heard a faint scream. I saw Chanmi in the water, underneath my classmate, who I guess was the one hit because he's holding the ball to his chest. His expression tells me he's in pain, too. He stood up, rubbing his chest. I immediately went over as the others do the same. Ms. Choi and the instructors went over to assist. Chanmi tried to stand up but she just fell in the water again. Pain in her face. Ms. Choi and one of the instructors helped her stand up and she winced.
 
"Aww... my.. my fe.. feet..." Chanmi hissed, her eyes watery, as Ms. Choi help her up again. Chanmin's arms around the instructors shoulder.
 
"Okay, okay. Let's take it easy." Ms. Choi told her. Chanmi nodded. I looked at Myungsoo still confused at what happened.
 
"Sungyeol was hit and Chanmi was behind him and then..." Myungsoo explained, gesturing his hand towards where they fell.
 
I glared back at Yongguk but he only shrugged his shoulder followed by a cocky smirk. Jerk.
 
"Okay, Chanmi and Sungyeol is already taken to the infirmary. No need to worry. Now, back to the game!" Ms. Choi whistled as signal to the continuation of the game.
 
 
 
Now, we're down to 3. We spread as much as possible and tried to be alert. The sky is darker and the sun and horizon is ready to meet. The color of the sky is a battle between burning orange and dark icy blue. Stars also starts to become visible. It's now harder to see where the ball is coming from since night is crawling in. It's almost 6:30 in the evening. The 3 of us is still standing. Our team cheering on us as we dodge the ball that is being thrown faster than before.
 
About eleven minutes have passed as Ms. Choi announced. Five more minutes then we'll beat the Even team. But If I continue this, I'll probably faint. No! I can't. 
 
I spaced out a little with the thought, I suddenly tripped and fell in the water. The first thing I saw was Yongguk smirking, the ball in his hand and he suddenly threw hard. I closed my eyes and shrinked into a fetus position, ready to receive the hard hit but nothing.
 
Wait, what?
 
I opened eyes my saw Myungsoo in front of me. I heard the whistle.
 
"Okay, Myungsoo, you're out." yelled Ms. Choi.
 
Myungsoo walk backwards towards Ms. Choi. He smile at me and winked. I just shook my head with a smile on my face. I was about to stand up when I something hit me hard in the head and blackout.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
I squintted my eyes to adjust to the bright light to where I am. I sat up and shake my head a little.
 
"Still hurts?" I looked up and saw Myungsoo.
 
"Oh, no, not really.... Wait, what happened? Where am I?" my hand still on my head.  
 
"You're in the infirmary. And basically, you passed out after you were hit in the head by one of our classmate, Min, she said sorry by the way..." he explained as he sit on the couch beside the bed.
 
"ohh, okay. That was a really hard hit, though." I rubbed my head.
 
"I should confess, though, that I was laughing when that happened." he puffed his cheeks to hold his laughter.
 
"And why would you laugh at that?" I eyed him teasingly but shocked and confused. 
 
"Because that basically nullified my heroic moment." he said in a as-a-matter-of-fact tone.
 
"Wait, so you did that to have a heroic moment?" I raised a brow at him.
 
"No! No! That's not what I mean..." He chuckled trying to explain himself.
 
"Well, doesn't matter, you still saved me. So thank you!" I cleared and not argue anymore. I'm still feeling quite dizzy.
 
"I was kind of surprise, actually..." he said and I look at him, question on my face.
 
"Yongguk's hit wasn't as hard as I expected." he pursed his lips and let out a sigh through his nose.
 
"Ohh..............wait, who won?" I exclaimed. 
 
"Even." He sighed and I dropped my body on the bed once again.
 
 
 
 
 
 
I went back to our place and saw Ms. Choi by the kitchen. She noticed me and smiled. I smiled back.
 
"Feeling better?" she asked as she poured the milk in a glass.
 
I pursed my lips into a smile and nodded. I closed the door behind me and went to my room.
 
I got a white hoodie and a black cargo pants inside my bag and a pair of underwear. I got my towel and proceeded to the shower. I'm still on my activity clothes and I'll seriously catch cold if I don't change immediately. Fortunately, the water was warm enough to relax. But my stomach didn't give me time to relax even in the shower. It growled in hunger.
 
I went out the bathroom still drying my hair with a towel.
 
"Oh Jaemin..." Ms. Choi called. I look at her and she pointed in the kitchen. 
 
"I got some food for you. You can eat." I look at the wrapped plate by the kitchen counter and nodded.
 
"Thank you, Ms. Choi." I went over the kitchen and grabbed a chopstick.
 
I opened the wrapper and saw Breaded Pork Donkatsu with Kimchi and Jjigae soup and some chocolates. I kind of drooled at the food and immediately fill up my stomach. 
 
My gaze would sometime go to Ms. Choi, who is checking some papers and doing something with her phone. I went to the fridge to get a drink and went back to eat. Ms. Choi cleared her things on the table and sighed.She checked her watch and stood up. I opened the bottled water and drink as I'm almost chocking with the food. Gosh, I'm so hungry. 
 
"Oh Jaemin, I forgot" She suddenly called. I turned my attention to her still drinking.
 
"You'll move to Yongguk's place, tonight." I spat out the water and started to cough.
 
.
 
 
 
 
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi~ Thank you new subbies~~! T^T 
 
 
Anyway, are the chapters too long?
How's the story so far? 
 
I hope you comment! And thank you for taking time reading! ^_^