First and Towards

Bear Glasses, Awkward Hoots

 

 
"25!!!" Chaerin and Seonyu shouted in chorus.
 
"Shhhh!" I shut my annoying best friends' mouths and glared at them. Immediately, they grab my hand off their loud mouths still laughing at me.
 
"Was that necessary? Gosh, why are we friends?" I took a sip from my drink and they tried to stop laughing.
 
"Okay, okay, sorry, but it's really.....Wow! You're one unfortunate fellow..." Seonyu teased while Chaerin took a bite from her favorite cake that she ordered for lunch.
 
 
 
----*earlier*----
 
"16" said the 3rd, and she sighed, the girl before me giggled. I guess they both want the 13. I sighed and hung my head. Now a death-death situation for me. Just great.
 
The girl beside me finally opened her number and gasped. I just sighed on her and I opened the paper then look at my number and that got to be the deepest sigh I have ever made as I face palmed myself even before I stated my number. I heard the girl before me giggle from excitement.
 
"And Lee Jaemin...?" Ms. Choi asked me as if it's still not obvious what number I got.
 
"...25.." I sighed.
 
"Good. I guess, we'll be bonding for a week!" I pursed my lips into a fake smile and simply nodded, as if I actually like having that time with her. I'd rather stay home.
 
Morning classes continued like the usual. We have at least 3 morning classes everyday. I don't usually sleep during class but I have those times, like now. It's a good thing I'm at the back and most of teacher won't notice me whenever I doze off. The 3rd bell rang as signal for lunch time. Everyone started going out and I did myself to meet with Chaerin and Seonyu at the cafeteria. I'm always the last one to leave the classroom, at least intentionally. 
 
Yongguk is still sleeping. He wakes up from time to time, I guess to check the time. Teachers don't really bother him since he can pass all the subjects even if he sleeps the whole period. He's smart. He should be at the best class but he always end up in the 2nd class. And we've been classmate since freshmen. Well, I guess he can do that since his parents are board members of the school. I just wonder why he doesn't want to be there.
 
I walked towards the back door and stopped behind Yongguk's chair. I snorted and looked at his back. Really. Every single time. I kicked his chair and his body shoots up as reaction. Works everytime. I walked out of the classroom even before he was fully awake.
 
----*end*----
 
 
 
I went to the cafeteria, search around and spotted Chaerin and Seonyu in a table near the cafeteria windows. When I joined them, immediately we talked about the drawlots this morning. Chaerin is in the best class, 3-A, while Seonyu and me are in 3-C and 3-B, respectively. They both got paired with good friends and they started teasing me because of what happened.
 
"Don't worry, I'll remind Ms. Choi to take care of my precious Jaemin." Seonyu continues to tease me and patted my head. I brushed his hand away with annoyance.
 
"At least, it's not with the mighty Kingkong." Chaerin took a slice from my mocha-flavored cake.
 
"Hey! that's mine! I thought you're on a diet!" I move my plate away from her and she pouted. Seonyu suddenly snorted and nodded his head towards a direction.
 
"Speaking of the Kingkongs..." Chaerin and I turned our heads towards the direction he's pointing at.
 
Yongguk with his 5 other Kingka friends. We call them Kingkongs. Bang Yongguk is their leader. He's arrogant, rich, good-looking, intelligent, not really much of a gentleman, though. And he has a scary aura around him. Not really friendly.
 
Kim Himchan, on the other hand, is the opposite of Yongguk but he's smart, too, suprisingly. And same class with Chaerin. His looks are feminine. He's friendly and he basically knows everyone. Seonyu and him are rivals. And don't be deceived by his looks, he has a very firm reputation of being a player. He likes to flirt. Typical.
 
Next is Jung Daehyun, the quiet one, quite handsome, too, but he's a casanova.Then Yoo Youngjae, he's always the composed one. The logical thinker, I guess. His facial features are soft and cute but his eyes can be shoot daggers at times. 
 
Youngjae and Daehyun are sophomores while Moon Jongup, the smiley boy, and Choi Junhong, a.k.a Zelo, the cutest and the damn tall boy, are freshmen. They're freshmen but already Kingkas. Yeah. All girls dig them. Except me and Chaerin. We're still sane. And boys... boys either admire or hate them.
 
Everyone moved out of their way, not wanting to do anything clumsy in front them or they're dead. Fortunately, no one did and they peacefully arrived at their reserved table by the 2nd level of the cafeteria, where mostly wealthy beings are. Lunch break has been successfully peaceful and the bell rang again to end lunch time. I thanked Chaerin and Seonyu for the food. They know what I like and ordered the mocha cake for me.
 
"See you later~" Seonyu is the first to go. Hopping, as usual, to his class. He found one of his classmate and hanged his arms around its shoulder.
 
"Yeah, later." Chaerin said still at the mirror, fixing her hair.
 
"Still not going?" I stood up and waited for an answer.
 
"I'm a lady, Jaemin. I need to prep myself first. Wait a moment." Chaerin explained, putting gloss on her lips and then tapping her fingers to even.
 
"And what am I?" I snorted, hands on my waist.
 
"You're a witch." shutting her palm-mirror, she stood up and link her arm with me.
 
"So nice of you. Thank you..." sarcasm in my voice, I pursed my lips again to a fake smile and nodded as I did with Ms. Choi earlier and be both chuckled.
 
I reached my classroom, as Chaerin did, too. Afternoon classes started as usual again. 
 
 
---------------
 
 
I woke up from the sound of alarm coming from my phone. 5:00 a.m. I grunted and turn the alarm off. I sighed deeply, not wanting to get up. The week passed by quickly and the day of the trip came. My usual wake up time is 6 in the morning but our call time for today is 6:30 in the morning. 
 
I got up lazily. Still not fully awake. I went straight to the bathroom to took a shower. After a warm shower, I somehow manage to refresh myself and that woke up my whole body, mind and soul. After dressing up with a black hoodie, jeans and low-cute rubber shoes, I brought all the things I needed in the living room and made breakfast for myself.
 
I was born in L.A. and used to live with my parents but they got busy with work and have to take me to my grandparents here in Seoul, when I was around 10 years old. I grew close to them even for a short time. They passed away by the time I entered high school. I was 14. Since then I manage to live by myself. Take care of myself. My parents ask me to go back because they're worried that I'm alone. But I have Chaerin and Seonyu. We've been friends since 
I've moved in. We treated each other like siblings. I don't have one back in L.A., so here is better. 
 
I finished my breakfast and check on my things again. I heard my phone ring.
 
"What's up?" Chaerin greeted with her morning voice.
 
"Ready. At school already?" I put my backpack on and carried two small bags on my other free hand.
 
"Yeeee~ah...." I heard her yawn.
 
"How about Seonyu?" I went out my apartment and put the two small bags again. I took my keys and lock the door.
 
"Not ye......Seonyu! Heee~~re!" I heard her yawn again over the phone while calling Seonyu over.
 
"Okay, I'll be there in 15 minutes. Bye." I put my phone back my hoodie's pocket and went to the bus stop.
 
 
 
 
I arrive earlier than expected in front of the school gate and started looking around for my two precious and maybe still sleepy friends. 
 
"Jaemin! Here!" Shouted Seonyu. I wave back and he started jogging towards me to help me with my bags.
 
"What time is it?" I asked as I hand him one of the small bags I have.
 
"No, let me have the other one, too... It's 6:15 a.m." he carried my bags and we walked over a bench under the old tree where Chaerin is waiting, her head shoved on top of her bag.
 
"Hey..." I tap her head.
 
"Hey~~~~..... You're here..." Chaerin looked up and yawned again before shoving her head back to her bag. I sat beside her and Seonyu hand over my bags.
 
"Thanks!" I put my bags on the ground beside me.
 
"Anytime, precious~" he winked at me and I made a face as a response.
 
The school lobby is full of seniors waiting, chit-chatting with their own group of friends. While lower year students continue to walk inside the school building to go to their own class. Each class has their own bus, which are parked inside the school parking lot and are waiting to be filled. 
 
We still have 15 minutes or so before the call time. I continue to look around and not surprised not to see the two Kingkongs. Yongguk and Himchan.
 
"Kingkongs are no show." I looked at Seonyu as he put on an amused look on his face.
 
"Not surprised." I smirked and tilted my head back to look up the old tree.
 
"Why is Himchan your rival, again?" I randomly asked Seonyu still looking up. The thought pop out of no where from my head. I sensed him looking back at me.
 
"Well, Mr. Congeniality, I guess. He's always been my rival ever since elementary." He look back at the crowd and heard him sigh.
 
"That's all?" I asked again.
 
"....maybe...." He answered back. His tone of voice a little different. I sensed he doesn't want to talk about it. So I didn't ask more.
 
Seonyu is popular, too. Some considered him as a Kingka as well as Chaerin as Queenka. But they never really wanted a title. They're still popular, though. Some students are not afraid to greet Seonyu because they know he would greet back unlike Himchan, who would glare back instead. Himchan do the greeting and not vise-versa. He greet who he thinks deserves it, like his friends and including pretty, y ladies. Pfft.
 
"SENIORS!" I tilted my head to where the sound is coming from and saw head teacher, Mr. Park as he called our attention through a megaphone. I stood up and tapped Chaerin's shoulder and she stood up beside me.
 
"What's up?" Chaerin curiously asked and I shrugged.
 
"Good morning, Seniors! It's 6:25 a.m and I want you to go to your respective classes and group with your homeroom teacher. They will be your guide and lead you to your own buses. Is that clear?.... Now, move."
 
Everyone started to carry their bags and started to find their classmates. The three of us wave a goodbye and said a see-you-later before grouping with our respective classes. After 10 minutes, the buses are almost filled with students. I entered the bus and went straight at the very back seat. I like the back area. I sat by the left side window of the back seat and arrange my bags so I can sit comfortably. I looked outside and saw some students that just arrived run to their buses. I look back in and saw Ms. Choi enter the bus. I think we're all in. Though I'm the only one at the back seat. Well, I like it that way. I put my earphones on and in full volume I started listening to my playlist.
 
The buses started to move one by one. But the bus of 3-A suddenly stopped even before it cross the school gate. I looked out and our bus did the same. I pulled off one earbud and heard the bus door suddenly opened. Everyone started murmuring. I raised a brow and leaned a little to my right to peek a little to see a better look on what's going on. I saw a blond guy entered. My eyes widened in surprise as my brain started to recognize the face. So they came, after all. 
 
I put the earbud back on and went back to look out the window. The bus started to move again. After a while, the student in front of me suddenly tapped my head. I looked at her and her expression looks weird. Mixture of worried and scared. Her eyes keep on looking from me to my right and back and forth. I raised a brow and as I pulled my earphones out, I heard someone cleared a throat. I look to my right and saw the blond guy standing. His face expressionless.
 
"uhh........yes?" I questioned him. He nodded his head to a direction. I clearly got what he meant but I don't think that's fair for me. Since I got here, first. So I ignored him and heard grasped and murmurs before I put back my earphones. But immediately, Yongguk pulled them out. 
 
"Aw!" I look at him with disbelief on my face.
 
"Are you dumb?" just the sound of his deep voice is enough to make other people scared. But I know I'm not like those other people.
 
"No." I answered as calm as possible.
 
"Then get out."
 
"But I was here first." I tried to defend. 
 
I sensed my classmate in front signaling me just to get out. I look at him and saw his eyes, now with a hint of annoyance. I started to feel scared, a little. I waited for a response for a few seconds but gave up knowing I won't get any.  
 
I pursed my lips again and shook my head in disbelief. I let out a deep sigh.
 
"Fine." in a surrendering tone. He throw his bags on the bus chair as he slammed his body down. I carried my bags and walked out.
 
I ended up sitting beside Ms. Choi in the front seat. I looked back to the back seat and saw him laying down, occupying all the back chairs. I snorted and shook my head. I turned back my head forward looking at the road ahead. Just then, I realized, this is the first time we have ever talked. Impressive. I smirked and shook my head again. I bet he doesn't even know my name. 
 
 
 
 
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Hi~ So here's the first chapter! hoooooooooooot! I hope you didn't get bored! ;A;
 
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!!! ( 。 ︶ з ︶)ノ☆.。₀:*゚✲゚*:₀。 
 
How is it? Please do comment! Please Please~~!
 
And I'm not sure yet if I'll update once or twice a week... :3
But I hope you subscribe~!
 
Thank you spending time reading~!
Thank you~! Thank you~!