Chapter 7

Bear Glasses, Awkward Hoots

 

"What was your mark?" you heard Yongguk suddenly asked and stop at the same time.
 
He's still carrying you. You've been walking for while now and he said you've reached the cliff side, already. You can feel that he's been turning here and turning there. Stopping for a moment then moving again. Sometimes turning his head from side to side and up. You can feel his soft hair brushing on your left cheek everytime. His scent is somewhat sweet but distinct, like that of a flower. You can also tell he's sweating. You can feel some drop on your arms 
since it's around his neck. And he's still holding your hand.
 
"You can put me down now, you know..." you exclaimed. You're worried that your might kill him from exhaustion. You heard him chuckle.
 
"Answer my question, first..." he started walking again.
 
"My name..." you answered.
 
"Your name?" he stopped. You can sense the doubt in his voice. You felt his hand, that's supporting your leg, let go. You immediately knew what that meant. Go down.
 
"The mark is my name." you answered firmly as you stand on the ground. You didn't dare move or you might stumble again. 
 
"Oookaaay... Lee Jaemin.....now, you stay here." you heard him saying your name to your ear and his voice fading with the last line. You blushed again, bowed your head, and just nodded slightly. You became alarmed when you heard his footsteps crashing some dry leaves that has fallen to the ground. You know he's going somewhere and took one step forward, extending your arms forward and swinging them horizontally as if your brushing off something in front of you. 
 
"Wait... Where are you going?" you shouted.
 
"Just wait there..." you heard his reply. His voice a bit distant. You stopped moving and put your hands on your waist. You let out a sigh.
 
 
 
 
YONGGUK'S POV
 
I walked slowly towards the big tree a bit distant to where I left Jaemin. I think this is the tree. It's bigger than most and has three main branches. Just like what she described. I walked around the tree trying to find a 'Lee Jaemin' mark but nothing. I glance back to Jaemin and saw that she's sitting on the ground, hugging her knees. Cute.
 
I continue looking for the mark and go around the big tree. I think the tree is old but still strong and fully alive. It has few leaves compared to the other trees around but they are green as fresh grass and few flowers. I look around the trunk of the tree but still no sign of Jaemin's name.
 
"Where did you put the mark?" I shout to Jaemin. I should have asked that earlier. Stupid.
 
"Ahh.. at the .. ahh.. center where the branches meet." I heard her shout back. I look up where the branches meet as I put a hand on my waist and another brushing my hair. It's a few feet higher.
 
"Really?" I exclaimed to myself. How did she manage to go up there? I look around the tree again to see where I can climb up. I saw a little trunk and step on it. As soon as my head saw the center, I immediately spotted her name. Carved on one of the three main branch. I pulled my body up the center which is very broad. 
 
I sat on the center, facing the ocean and hanged my legs down. The view is quite beautiful. I can see the cliff side and the house we're staying at. I can practically see the whole beach. Then I looked down and saw Jaemin still sitting but now, here legs crossing each other. I look at her for a while then I noticed besides where my hand is. Why not play for a while. I decided to throw the pebble near her and making sure it won't hit her. It landed on a bush near her left and she turned her head. Now, her body alert.
 
"Yongguk?" she called but I didn't answer. A can feel a smirk forming on my face. I saw another pebble and throw it again. It landed on the other bush on her right. Her head turned again.
 
"Yong... Yongguk??" she called again but I still didn't answer. Enjoying what I'm doing, I was about to throw another pebble when she stood up. She held her arms forward, feeling if something's around her, she took a step forward and forward. I just look at her with amusement. Why don't she just pull the blindfold off. Then I threw another pebble and landed on a twig near her. The pebble made the twig bounce off and it hit Jaemin's legs. She got startled and started jumping and brushing her legs off something that wasn't there. 
 
"No! No! No!..." she shouted still brushing her legs. I pursed my lips trying to suppresed my laughter. She keeps on going backwards and then I noticed a root that is sticking out. .
 
I immediately went down the tree but I heard Jaemin's scream before I landed on the ground.  I hurriedly went to her as I saw her on the ground.
 
"Awwwww....." she whined as she rub her to ease the pain. I cannot help but chuckle.
 
"Yongguk?!" she stopped when she heard me.
 
"Pabo, you should have pulled your blindfold off..." I said. I went to behind her to untie her blindfold. She felt my hands but stopped me.
 
"...the tree?" she asked. I untied her blindfold and point at the tree.
 
"Oh you found it..." she said as she stood up and move towards it. I shook my head and chuckled.
 
I followed her and when she reached the tree she immediately climb up the center and sat where I sat just a while ago. I stayed on the ground and lean against the trunk of the tree.
 
"You could have pulled off your blindfold, you know..." I suddenly blurted out.
 
"Yeah, I could do that, but I decided not to..." she answered. I look up to her, confused.
 
"And why is that...?"
 
"Because it has it's purpose... I mean, they wouldn't let one of us be blindfolded if doesn't, right?"
 
"And what is its purpose?" I decided to climp up to the center.
 
"Hmm... trust, maybe..." she noticed me climb up and held out a hand. Her hands are soft but cold.
 
"So, what, you trust me now?" I asked as I stood behind her.
 
"I can't say I trust you, but I think you're really not that bad after all..." I snorted at what she said.
 
"So, you think I'm bad...."
 
"Uhhmm.. nope.  But I don't think you're good either. All I know is you're a sleepy head." she suddenly jump down the tree. And to my shock, I almost fell off the tree. Hugging one of the main branch of the tree, I saw her looking up, her cheeks puffing, hands behind her, suppressing her laughter.  
 
"Hey, don't do that again..." her cheek still puffing, she nodded.
 
"Yes, sir!" she saluted and turned her heels and started walking.
 
"Hey! Wait!" I shouted.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
NORMAL POV
 
The activity finished around 6 in the evening but not everybody found their right tree. Some have the same mark like a typical circle or a star, so they got mixed up. You thought that making your name as the mark was brilliant. So you praise yourself, mentally.
 
You still got one more hour before dinner, so Ms. Choi made it a free time. You thought Yongguk will follow after you left him by the tree but he didn't. You look at the house by the cliff side, wondering if he's there. You sat on the sand and turn your gaze to the horizon. You look at the sky then the sea, making your eyes absorb all the beautiful colors the sunset creates. Orange, yellow and red are battling with a hush of pink and soft touch of purple turning blue 
into a deep black. The diamonds of the sky started to become visible as well as the moon. You sighed at the scene, leaning a little and making your arms as support.
 
"Hey..." you turned your head up and saw Myungsoo.
 
"Hey..." he sat down beside you and you turned your gaze back to the sea.
 
"So, where's Yongguk?" he asked.
 
"I don't know.... I guess, in the house..." you replied.
 
"Are you mad?" you turned your head towards Myungsoo, confused by the question.
 
"Me... Yongguk.... cousins....?" he exclaimed. Then you remembered the scene by the swing. You're not mad but a little disappointed. It's not that he lied in the first place, he just didn't want to say that they're cousins but it still disappointed you.
 
"Ohhh...no...no.. not really.." you chuckled a little. 
 
"Look, I'm sorry if I didn't told you earlier..."
 
"It's fine. It's not your obligation to tell me, anyway...but you didn't tell him I call him Kingkong, right?" he chuckled at what you said.
 
"No.. no, of course..."
 
"Then we're all good..." I smiled at him and he chuckled again.
 
 
 
 
Soon, dinner came and you all gathered by the cafeteria and started eating. Yongguk, didn't came. You come by Myungsoo and Sungjong's table again and ask if you can share again and they didn't mind. It was a buffet dinner and you love eating. You don't really care about diet, so you ate to your heart's content. You already had 5 rounds food and still going back. You haven't even had your dessert. Myungsoo and Sungjong were amazed by how large your stomach is. You ate like a lion, like there's no tomorrow. After dessert, you can't stand up and feel like your going to explode.
 
"Oh, gosh, why did I ate so much..." you whined as you hang your head backwards while rubbing your tummy. Myungsoo and Sungjong are guys and they keep on laughing at you but you didn't mind. You feel comfortable around them, just like when you're with Chaerin and Seonyu. The thought made you missed them and wondered if they're having a good time.
 
"Hey, can you move? 'Cause we have to go now..." Myungsoo said suddenly. You move your head forward and sighed.
 
"....I guess, I'll stay for a while..."
 
"Okay, see you tomorrow.." Myunsoo patted my shoulder and Sungjong did the same. You watched them walked out of the cafeteria. You looked around and few people are left, including you, some classmates, Ms. Choi and some staff. Your gaze turn back to your table. Empty plates and empty glasses, then you thought of all the food you just ate. They were really good and delicious, especially the juicy grilled stake. You look back at the buffet table and there's still some left.
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
You entered the house by 9pm. The lights are still on. You closed the door and turned around. Your eyes widen at the sight. Yongguk just closed the door of the bathroom, nothing on but a towel wrapped around his waist and another small towel on his dripping hair. You immediately turned around to face the door but even with just a second, you saw his well toned upper body and you can feel your face burning.
 
"Hey, what's that?" you heard him asked.
 
"Wh..what?" you stuttered as you replied back.
 
"In your hand?" you heard him again, now closer.  Then you remembered the paper bag you're holding. It will be a waste if he didn't get to taste the dinner, so you decide to take some for him. You turned around but you lowered your head so he won't notice your blushing.
 
"Oh, yeah. Dinner... I brought dinner. It's really good. Here..." you tried to sound calm but you can feel your nervous voice. You look down on the floor as you hold the paper bag forward. You can see his feet moving forward and closer to you, so you step back but the door welcomed your back. You started panicking and immediately shoved the paper bag to him without thinking and just walk past him. You felt him grab the catch the bag but as well as your hand and it pulled you back. You lose balanced and your back meet the floor. You whined in pain but your eyes widen when you met his eyes.
 
 
 
 
 
========================================================================================================================
 
HI!!!!!!!! I'M SORRY FOR THE IF I HAVEN'T UPDATED FOR ALMOST 2 WEEKS!  I have to take care and finish some things......
(╥__________╥)
 
 
 
 
Anyway, Belated Happy Birthday to YOO YOUNGJAE~~~!!  (づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ
 
   
 
 
THIS MAN IS NOW LEGAL EVERYONE!!!!! (ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
 
 
AND HAPPY 1ST ANNIVERSARY TO B.A.P! YESSIR!
 
 
 
AAAAAAAAAAND! Thank you for reading! Hope you like the update! ^_^