She realised

Ice Cream Sundae

No one's POV

 

The scorching sunlight shone across her face, forcing her eyelids open in a flash. Chaerin's heart felt heavy, as if a huge, dark stone is resting on it.

Squeezing it, squashing it, crushing it.

Ji Yong's words rang in her mind once more, tearing the pain much deeper into her heart.

Chaerin took a huge breath and marched her way to Ji Yong's bedroom.

I'm not going to let this get in between us. We've been friends forever, and nothing will stop us from being friends. She thought to herself.

Apologise. That was the first thing on her mind.

Chaerin took a huge breath when she was directly outside his door. She debated for a few seconds and decided that she was not going to chicken out this time.

She meekly raised a hand and knocked it against the door.

Silence.

"Ji Yong Oppa?" Chaerin called after clearing .

Still silence.

"Oppa?" 

She reached for the door knob and gave it a turn. However, what greeted her had her reeling back in shock.

There was nothing. Nothing had scared her. Because there was nothing. 

Just a cold empty room. 

Chaerin swallowed. Maybe he had gone out. Maybe mum told him to get her something. She repeated to herself as she circled the room.

Ten, thirty minutes go by, but still no sign of him.

With panic stuck at . Chaerin ran down the flight of stairs.

"Mum," she panted, breathless. "Where's Ji Yong?"

Mum stared at her with the alarm I often saw in animals. 

"Didn't he told you that he was leaving for Canada today?" Mum asked, cocking her head to one side.

"WHAT?" Chaerin squawked. Oh no...please don't make him already gone. "He's in C-Canada?"

"Yes. He has a very bright future ahead you know, studying in Canada..." 

"Right mum. I get it." Chaerin said icily.

"Is something wrong?" 

"No. I'm just surprised that's all."

Her mother's face relaxed. "Oh alright, ready for some breakfast?"

------------------------------------------------–-----------------------------

Two weeks later~

 

Chaerin's POV

 

The soft, jazz music played in the background. 

But oh, who cares about music anyways? I thought to myself as I told the bartender to get me a glass of liquor. 

I never drink. But that is what I feel like doing now. It all make sense to drown myself in a glass of liquor, does it?

After Ji Yong left, it felt as if my world was tipped upside down. No one accompanied me to and from school, no one shouted goodnight across my bedroom window and lastly, no one could bring another smile to my lips.

I did love him. Just only as a friend. 

I frowned. Friends. Was that what we were? Of course, we were closer than friends. I shook my head, I wasn't making any sense.

I took a tiny sip of liquor and shuddered. I did drink before, but I still wasn't use to it. Whenever I get invited to parties, Ji Yong will always be there, making sure that I wasn't drunk. 

Making sure that I was safe. My lips curled up at the memory when he would always protect me from anything. He is like my big brother, if only we are blood related.

I stared at my glass and noticed that it was now empty. I pushed it to the bartender wearily and asked for another glass.

Pretty soon, I had lost track of time.

Time. My stupor mind wondered. Where can I find time? 

Finally, I remembered that I have a phone with me. I pulled it out and switched it on.

I froze.

My lockscreen wallpaper was a picture of us. Of Ji Yong and I. We were at the park, arms around each other and Ji Yong was pressing his lips to my cheeks. 

In that instant, I felt my heart warming. The feeling feels foreign and I tried to ignore it. A tear soon fell on my cheeks, and then that's when I realized.

I loved him more. In fact, I always had loved him.

I stared at the picture harder and my heart aches even more. 

I need him back. The voice in my head said. Yes, go get him back. It urged.

I fished out a couple of notes from my pocket and threw it on the table, I walked out of the bar and climbed into my car.

Find him. I told myself as I started the engine. My car soon roars to life as I drives it down the street searching for Ji Yong. 

Please Ji Yong. Please come back, I swear I won't complain anymore when you plant a kiss on my cheek. 

Suddenly, it occurred to me that I need to go faster. Like, a lot faster.

So I stomped my foot on the accelerator and speeded away into the night, glancing at the passing streets for any signs of him.

"BEEEPPPP!" 

Suddenly, bright lights were all I could see. And then I felt it, a slam. 

"Ji Yong..." I choked before passing out, in the deep, dark night.