59sєcσи∂s - C H A P T E R t w o

59sєcσи∂s// New SMENT Girl Group● c l o s e d {temporary hiatus}


 

 

   The dorm room was filled with silence and the only sounds that were being made were the calm breathing of the members of SMENT's new girl group, 59 Seconds. It was 9:00 in the morning on a Monday, five days before they were scheduled to debut. DaEun had promised them more sleep today so she set her alarm for 10:30. But today, it wasn't her choice to wake up or not.

"Yah! Wake up you lazy butts!" 

The door slammed open and an angry Jonghyun stood in the doorway. 

"What are you all doing still asleep?" He called flicking the lights on causing the girls to groan and cover their faces with their blankets. "You debut in five days! You shouldn't be sleeping!"

"Yah, Jonghyun oppa, calm down will you? I promised the girls more sleep today since I worked them so hard yesterday." DaEun said, as she rubbed her eyes from the bright light and her voice cracking from the dry morning air. 

"Oh whatever." He said rolling his eyes. "Either way you need to get ready!"

"Why?!" whined Yeonhee. "We worked our butts off yesterday!"

"Just get up." he demanded one last time before exiting the girl's dorm.

"Yeah right." groaned Yeonhee one last time before covering her face with her pink floral blanket.

"Come on girls." DaEun said as she sat up and stretched. "We might as well get ready."

"Can't we just sleep?" whined Ami hiding her face under her pillow.

"Since Jonghyun came in instead of Minho I'm gonna guess it's something important." said DaEun as she hopped out of bed and walked to the bathroom to freshen up. "Come on guys, I'll try my best tomorrow for you to get some rest."

"Fine." Ami grunted throwing her covers off of her body. "So you have no idea what's going on?"

"If I knew I would have had you guys up much earlier." winked DaEun as she came out of the bathroom. "Do I look okay?" she questioned.

"You look great." Eumni complimented, squinting her eyes through the bright light. "At least of what I can see." she laughed. 

As they continued to take turns in and out of the bathroom and get dressed it slowly became easier and easier to wake up. Since they didn't know what was going on they all decided to dress casual with a little class. After Yeonhee's time in the bathroom getting ready to represent the face of the group, she threw on an outfit that she could usually be found strutting.

Sungyi got dressed in her outfit for the day and was in the bathroom next. She combed out her long blonde hair and freshened up. She threw her golden locks into a top knot because she didn't know how the day was going to go and she wanted to look nice so she also wore her white Vans. Ami was next. She stood up and with her eyes covered she headed to the bathroom to put her contacts in-people very rarely saw her without them. Once out of the bathroom she changed and sat back down to put her tan Uggs on.

Since DaEun was already out of the bathroom and dressed and had her converse on, Eunmi went in next. When she came out she changed into her outfit for the day and slipped into her black converse. They all grabbed their separate bags and purses and headed out the door and to their practice room hoping to find the boys there and to be explained to why they were woken up.

"YOU!" Yeonhee yelled, pointing to Jonghyun who was casually sitting in the purple love seat that sat in the corner of the studio. 

"Oh look it's little miss cranky." He joked. "You clean up nice." he laughed. 

"Oh hush up." she said, slightly blushing at the thought of anyone seeing her in her pj's besides the other members. "Tell us why you needed us up so early!" she quickly demanded.

"Calm down Yeonnie, I got this." DaEun said taking a step in front of her. "Why did you need us up so early!" she said mimicking Yeonhee.

"There's my baby sis!" Minho said giving DaEun a back hug. "I wanted to throw you all a small party to congratulate you all on your soon-to-be successful debut!" said Minho as he squeezed his baby sister tighter. "Have your members met all of ours yet?" Minho asked giving DaEun a blank look.


"Well we all met Jonghyun this morning." Yeonhee complained shooting him a death stare but he was to buisy on his iPod to notice. 

"Well this is Key." Minho said, motioning to a blonde boy who was inspecting his hair in the large mirror.

He gave a smile and a wave to the girls. "Hi." Key said rather cutely.

"Onew is over there." Minho said, motioning to Onew who was sitting on the other side of the love seat.

"Hello." He smiled. "Nice to meet you girls."

"And Taemin is over there." He said pointing to Taemin who was also buisy listening to music. He looked up and gave a warm smile and wave to the girls his eyes stopping at Sungyi and widening his smile. This, of course, caused her stomach to fill with butterflies. 


"And this," Minho said, heading over to the mini fridge that sat by the love-seat, "Is our present to you!" Minho opened the small fridge and took out a platter of cupcakes. They had maroon frosting and had little playing cards on them with '59 Seconds' written in the middle. 

At the sight of the cupcakes all of the SHINee members hopped up and crowded around the platter of beautifully decorated cupcakes. 

"Back off!" Yeonhee shouted. "These are ours!" she giggled taking the cupcake with the diamond playing card on it. "Thanks." she said, smiling at Minho.

Each girl took their cupcake and the boys split the few that were left for them. 

"These are really good Minho!" DaEun said. "Who made them?" she asked.

Minho shook his head and pointed to Key who stood proud. "I did!" he happily exclaimed. "You really like them?" he asked.

"Of course." she answered, high-fiving Key. 


"Oh shoot my phone's going off." Onew said, taking his vibrating iPhone out of his back pocket. "Hello? Yes, but were throwing the new group a party! Fine, we'll be there in a few. Bye."

"What was that all about?" Eunmi asked wiping her face from the frosting.

"Our manager." We said with an upset expression on his face. "We have to meet him in the lobby."

"Why?" Key complained. "I was having fun with the girls!"

"I don't know, something about a rehersal for our opening at their debut." said Onew as he motioned to the girls that were all sitting on and around the love-seat.

"Don't go!" Sungyi whined. "I just met you all."

"I guess we have to." Taemin jumped in. "I hope we can all meet up again though." He said smiling at Sungyi the entire time.

"Well if you have to." said Yeonhee. 

"Bye guys!" DaEun said as she gave her big brother a hug. "We'll have to do this again sometime."

'So we'll see you at rehearsal?" asked Jonghyun who was already half-way out the door.

"Definatly." replied all of the girls in unison. "Bye~!" 

"Well that was fun." said DaEun as she plopped back down on the love seat.

"Very fun." said Sungyi.