Prepare For a Party! (And Try Not To Sleep)

Two Evil Geniuses

Gyuri's POV

"Hey Gyuri, wake up..." Minchan shook me gently. "Wake up~"

"What time is it?" I groaned.

"Seven thirty."

I glared at her for a few seconds then turned the other side. "NO."

"Ugh, get up before he gets here!" She took a pillow from her bed then started hitting me. "Gyuri!" she whined.

"NO. Shut up. I'm still sleepy."

I took the pillow then used it to cover my ears. I slept again for a good five minutes until...

 

"WAKE UP EVERYONE!" A shrill voice cried. It was Ryeowook, obviously, and he was very, very excited. It's Christmas eve and there's a party tonight which means we need to prepare.

"Gyuri! Kyuhyun! Sungmin! Eunhyuk! Donghae! Shindong! Wake up!"

He went from room to room, waking the living daylights out of all of us. Even though the door was closed and he's upstairs, you can his voice loud and clear. A few minutes later, he was at the Kyumin room, scolding Kyuhyun for sleeping on the floor with his laptop in his arms. Another minute came and the next thing I knew, he was already shaking me like a magnitude 7 earthquake. Not fun.

"Wake up!!"

I took both his arms swiftly as I turned. Glaring at him, I muttered as calmly as I can. "Can. You. Not?"

He looked at me with eyes wide open then he suddenly broke into a grin. "Merry Christmas, Gyuri! Wake up, we have a lot to do!"

The only thing I could was sigh as he dragged me to the kitchen. As soon as he dropped me off a chair, my head hit the table and I tried to dozed off again, like my zombie brother sitting beside me.

I raised my head a little and turned towards him. "Hello loser." I laughed sleepily.

"Shut up." He tried pushing head down but I was too strong for him even at my sleepy state. "You cheated." He smirked.

"Yeah right." I decided to just brush off the insult instead of starting another war. It is Christmas eve.

 

"Breakfast!" Shindong exclaimed.

We started eating as soon as everyone was already in the kitchen. The food was great, as usual.

"Wookie ah, why did you wake us up so early?" Eunhyuk, who was munching on the bacon, asked the question that I (and everyone else who slept late) was itching to know the answer. I need sleep, more sleep.

"Party, duh." Ryeowook replied, matter-of-factly. "We need to prepare!"

"Yeah, but IT'S ONLY EIGHT O'CLOCK." Donghae grunted.

"There's a lot of preparations we need to do," he said, "like putting up the decorations and the christmas tree. Last time I remember, a certain pair volunteered to put it up last week but I don't see any." He glared at our direction and I thought he was referring to me.

"What? I just got here!"

"No, not you. Them." He gestured towards Kyuhyun and Sungmin who were both beside me, grinning and giggling like they were innocent.

"We were waiting for Gyuri!"

"Why?" I asked.

"Because you said last year that you wanted to help this year so..." Sungmin said. Kyuhyun nodded then giggled.

"I did?"

"Yes."

"Whatever." Ryeowook said. "So Gyu, Kyu and Min hyung will be in charged of the tree--"

"And me!" Minchan interrupted.

"Okay." Ryeowook nodded. "Then Yoorin, Kangin hyung and Zhou Mi hyung will help me in the kitchen. The rest would do the other decorations and preparations."

Everyone nodded. Whenever there's a celebration, Ryeowook would be like the leader in the preparations; Holidays and parties were his thing.

 

After eating, we washed up then went to work. Team Tree and Team Etc. (which is subdivided into two units namely, Unit Clean Up and Unit Decor) went to the storage room to get the things needed.

There were two Christmas trees in there: one green and the other white. Leeteuk bought the white one three years ago because of his obsession with white. They've been using it since.

"So white or green?" Minchan asked.

"White" the rest of us answered in unison.

Leeteuk is still on his military service so we have no idea if he can visit. Heechul, however, has a different case that's why he can join during the holidays.

Sungmin and I carried the tree downstairs while Kyuhyun and Minchan brought the other stuff needed. Surprisingly, the tree was clean so just dusted it a little.

We set it up at a corner beside the TV in the living room. The tree was seven feet tall, perfect for the apartment.

 

I was planning to take power naps while doing this but whenever we, Kyuhyun, Sungmin and I, got sleepy or tried to sleep, Minchan would hit us with whatever she was holding.

Also, the others were too noisy and Team Etc. were playing. For people who lack sleep, they have a lot of energy.

It took us about twenty minutes to finished decorating the tree. The motif, as usual, was blue and silver. The shiny decors made the simple white tree stunning. I was given the priviledge to put the last and the most important decoration, the blue star that the members made. It feels like Christmas here now.

"Looks good to me!" Kyuhyun exclaimed. "Now time to sleep."

He laid down on the couch then closed his eyes, smiling as he tried to sleep.

I yawned. "Yep, rest time. Hooray!"

I went to the other couch, took a pillow to hug then slept. Sungmin and Minchan were on the floor.

 

We could hear Team Etc talking about Leeteuk. The atmosphere had a weird mix of happiness and longingness. Leeteuk would usually be really hyper during holidays especially Christmas and fill the house with energy. Everyone misses him now and no one knows if he's coming.

I actually really miss that old guy. Sure, he'll scold Kyuhyun and I everytime we sleep late due to gaming but I know he's just really concerned. He is Super Junior's mother and father. He never fails to make us laugh and feel loved.

"Is Teukie oppa coming?" I asked, though I am aware that no one knows.

They shrugged.

"I hope so..." Minchan sighed. "I miss him."

I nodded. "I hope he'll be able to come."

 

I didn't notice it but I fell asleep. When I woke up it  was already twelve noon and there was a ringing from the door bell. Almost everyone was asleep except for those in kitchen who were so busy preparing the meals.

"Wait." I sluggishly walked to the front door, opened it then I immediately ran back to wake the other members us. I was suddenly awake and hyper.

We have a visitor.