Chapter 9

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Hello everyone! How have you been? It's been a long time since I updated and logged in. :) I apologize for not updating for so long. :/ Enjoy! :)

---------------------------------------------------------------

 

During lunch, Taeyeon went to her locker to get some books for the afternoon session.

 

“Gosh. I haven’t got enough sleep last night. I just want to doze off.” She exclaimed while returning to her classroom.

 

She was walking at the corridor and later noticed that it was oddly quiet. Students weren’t around.

 

Taeyeon went to the grounds near the gazebo and it was the same.

 

“Something is going on here.” She looked around for the last time and got her phone from her bag to contact Seohyun but there’s no signal either.

 

She finally went to the main entrance of the school and noticed people marching towards the school.

 

“What are they doing?” She walked slowly and saw people wearing black. They were all floating. “What the?! What’s happening here?”

 

“Kim Taeyeon.” The surroundings suddenly went blank. She was surrounded by white light.

 

“Ji Hyun?”

 

“You’re in a nightmare just now and I came to intercept it. Don’t let your guard down.”

 

“Huh? What do you mean?”

 

There was a long silence and Taeyeon just kept on calling out Ji Hyun but there was no response.

 

“Taeyeon-ah!” She immediately sits up on bed and saw Seohyun beside her bed with a worried face. It was very cold that time at four in the morning. The sky was still dark and rain was pouring down.

 

“Are you alright? Here, drink this water first.”

 

Taeyeon reached for the glass of water and gulped it all at once. She finally felt better and let out a deep sigh. “I had…a nightmare. I thought it was really happening.”

 

Seohyun patted her back. “I just came back from the kitchen to get some water and I happen to pass by in front of your room.  I tried to knock and reached for the doorknob. Surprisingly, it was open so I rushed in immediately since I felt something weird here.”

 

“It’s open? Hmmm I wonder why. Anyway, thanks Seohyun-ah. I feel better now. Let’s go back to sleep.” Taeyeon replied and tried to assure her that everything is okay.

 

“Hmmm okay then. Just don’t let your guard down though. Ji Hyun reminds me of that everyday too. Even I can’t seem to comprehend of the situation right now. But let’s keep our hopes up. I’ll go back to my room now, okay? Good night.” Seohyun hugged her before she finally left.

 

“Good night Seohyun-ah.”

 

 Seohyun went out of her friend’s room and closed the door. “You felt it too?”

 

She almost had a heart attack when somebody suddenly spoke just a few inches away from the door. She let out a deep sigh and held her chest.

 

“Yonghwa-sshi…please don’t do that again.”

 

“Oh.” He smirked and looked at her while crossing his arms. “Sorry about that. I thought you knew that I’m here since you can sense things fast.”

 

But before Seohyun could protest, his expression turned serious. She cleared before speaking. “So why are here at this hour?”

 

“Well…something just doesn’t felt right and my feet took me here but it seems like you’ve reached here first.” He blurted out with a curious look. “I just don’t get it why I can sense it too.”

 

Seohyun can see a troubled look on his face now. It was a look that she doesn’t usually see all the time from him who has this strong personality. She thought that maybe he has a lot of questions in mind right now but even she herself isn’t sure if she can answer them correctly.

 

“I believe we’ll find the answers to our questions soon enough.” It was the only thing she’s hopeful for despite everything that happened. She smiled hesitantly while looking onto her intertwined hands near her chest.

 

There was a long silence between them plus the rain pouring down was beginning to become heavy. Yonghwa looked onto her after she said those words. He thought that despite her innocence, she still managed to be courageous enough to continue until this day.

 

Seohyun noticed that the silence between them was a bit awkward. She thought if she had said the right words. Good thing, the noise of the rain pouring helped the situation she’s in.

 

 

--------------------------------------------

 

 

Days go by so fast and Seohyun became busy on practicing in the archery club. The competition will be held a week before the semester ends during the Interschool Athletic Games. There will also be a Culmination night after the Awarding ceremony so different talents will be showcased as well.

 

Back at the mansion, the guardians from the Taoist temple will come to visit secretly once in a while to check on the situation as ordered by Master Wu. They decided to check separately when they come and are always moving in a fast and quiet pace so they aren’t easily noticed. A lot of CCTV cameras are present inside so they are in Chameleon mode so that they can just blend with the surroundings without being noticed.

 

Kuo was near somebody’s room so he sneakily went in through the window and looked around. ‘Hmmm the owner seems to be so messy with a lot of things here.’

 

There were a lot of papers on the table and the closet was left open with some clothes going out.

 

He went near the table and looked on to the papers that were scattered over it. There were a lot of test papers, crumpled papers, some magazines and textbooks.

 

Then he noticed something weird though. There was a blueprint of the mansion pinned underneath one of the rows of the bookshelf.

 

‘Who would become interested with the mansion’s structure?’

 

 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 

 

Insu went to the kitchen. No one was there at the meantime. ‘The kitchen seems big though.’

 

There were footsteps approaching so he went at the side just near the entrance to the kitchen. She suddenly became nervous when Ji Hyun entered with a serious look on her face.

 

“Oh.” He thought she noticed his presence. “Why is the weather so gloomy these days?”

 

He observed her as she went to take a seat and placed her hands on the table.

 

“How long are you gonna be standing there then?”

 

 He face-palmed himself due to embarrassment. “Oh...I apologize if my presence made you uncomfortable, Miss Ji Hyun.” Insu said as he bowed.

 

“It’s alright. So, what brings you here?”

 

“Master Wu wants us to check out the situation here in secret but it won’t be anymore since you caught me.”

 

Ji Hyun smiled a bit. “Well, I’ll just pretend that I didn’t. I’ll be glad to help if you need a hand. Just tell me.”

 

“Yes.” He bowed down once again.

 

“You’re Seohyun’s childhood friend, Chansung, right?”

 

Insu felt hesitant at first on bringing on the topic but just answered her. “Yes. I don’t see her around yet.”

 

“Seohyun’s been working so hard in practice lately for the upcoming competition. I believe you’re at it too, right?”

 

“You’ve said it all correctly.”

 

“And I know that you care for her so much.”

 

He felt dumbfounded after that. “She’s like a younger sister to me ever since so it can’t be helped to worry.”

 

Ji Hyun looked on his direction for a while then stood up. “Okay. Whatever you say.”

 

Then she headed out to the garden while humming a tune. “Seriously…she’s reading my mind.”

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

 

Yuan went to take a walk at the corridors and looked around. There was a door left unopened and he took a peak. It was someone’s room and he assumed it’s a girl’s room from the looks inside it.

 

He noticed that someone is lying on the bed that time and he slowly went inside. He came near the bed but she wasn’t sleeping soundly as expected.

 

‘Miss Taeyeon…is she having a bad dream?’ That’s what he thought that time. She was sweating and had this uneasy look on her face with her eyes closed.

 

He placed his index and middle finger on her temple and tried to know what’s running through her mind. She was alone and surrounded by darkness as she kept on calling on to anyone that might help her but there was no response.

 

“Focus now. It’s just a dream. You can get out of that nightmare.” Yuan whispered near her ear.

 

After that, her breathing calmed down a bit and she suddenly opened her eyes.  He distanced himself a bit when she finally awakened.

 

‘That was fast as I expected.’ He thought.

 

“Why do I have a lot of nightmares nowadays?” Taeyeon blurted out as she put her hands on her face while recalling what she dreamt about. Then she slowly sit up on bed. “And that calm voice…who was that?”

 

She scratched her head while trying to figure things out. “Aish. I’ve been having bad dreams lately. I think I just need some rest from a hectic schedule.”

 

Yuan was just observing her from the side near the window. ‘Lately? So it’s not the first time.’

 

 

-------------------------------------------

 

 

Preparations and arrangements were all done for the Interschool Athletic Games. A day prior to the opening, that will be held in Seoul University, all participants were instructed to rest and be prepared so classes were suspended and no practices were going on that day.

 

Participants from the four participating universities have also arrived that day and they are going to stay in Seoul University’s dorm.

 

That night at the mansion, they had dinner together. Seven cooked grilled meat for the students as a treat and support for the start of the upcoming events for the next five days. On the other hand, Han Byul prepared spirelli salad for everyone.

 

“Eat well everyone. You’ll need a lot of evergy.” Seven said as he served the grilled meat on the dining table. There were like three platter of meat on the table that made their eyes widen and their taste buds react.

 

“The spirelli salad will be good for your health. And it’s also my personal favorite after I workout.” Han Byul added.

 

“Hyung! Noona! Thank you very much for this. We gladly appreciate the support.” Jonghyun said with a grateful smile and bowed to them. The others acknowledged as well. Then they all ate together.

 

 

 

The day has finally come. It will b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter