Chapter 2

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jay Park - Abandoned (Instrumental)

 

Seohyun was still unconscious that time but her mind was also wandering in her dream.

 

She was walking in a grassland with the beautiful blue sky above her. The grassland was so vast that she can’t even see the end of it. Suddenly she saw someone walking towards her wearing a black kimono and has a long straight hair like hers. It was a lady and she has ocean blue eyes. She then stopped in front of her.

 

“Seo Joo Hyun…” she called and it hit her an idea on who it was.

 

“Y-You’re the voice that called me in my mind. W-Who are you?” Seohyun said hesitantly with a surprised expression. The thing that made her surprised the most is that she’s like facing a mirror because they really look the same except for their eyes.

 

“Ji Hyun. That’s my name.” then she started to walk encircling her.

 

“The old man sure did a great job on molding you on who you are now.” She said as she observed her.

 

Seohyun looked at her. She was even more intrigued by what she said. “You know my grandpa?”

 

“He was still a young kid back then when master decided to train him.  On the other hand, I was already a trained swordsman that time. But it wasn’t that easy. I was working under an illegal job.” Ji Hyun suddenly looked at Seo Hyun straight in the eyes.

 

“And that’s killing people.” It gave Seo Hyun chills run through her spine. Now she knows why Ji Hyun has this scary aura.

 

 “KILLING PEOPLE?! That’s immoral.” Seo Hyun commented.

 

“I was forced to do that. Because if I don’t, the Black Soshi clan will kill my parents instead. They knew that I was one of the elite members and they took advantage of it.”

 

Seo Hyun can sense the sadness on Ji Hyun’s eyes. “Uhm…did you save your parents?”

 

Ji Hyun looked at the sky. “They killed them when I was doing the mission they wanted me to do. They betrayed me.”

 

Seo Hyun was shocked by what Ji Hyun was going through as she covered by her hand. It was too heavy for her. She just revealed to her such melancholic event.

 

“In the end, I was killed by a member of the Black Soshi clan. Before I had my last breath, I swore in front of my sword that I’ll become an instrument of justice as my soul will be contained in it and will be reincarnated to continue my unfinished business. That time, your grandpa was there to witness me struggling for my life and he promised to keep and protect my sword with his life.”

 

‘Reincarnation?’ Seo Hyun thought. ‘Does she mean that I’m his reincarnation?’

 

“What you’re thinking is true.” Ji Hyun uttered which made Seo Hyun wide-eyed.

 

“Y-You can read minds?!”

 

“Unfortunately yes. Besides, all the things you’re seeing including me are all inside your mind.”

 

“Right…” Seohyun was still in a state of disbelief that these things actually happen in reality. “So…how old are you actually?”

 

Ji Hyun looked at her and that made her regret to ask that kind of question.

 

“Uhm…just wondering…because you know…you still look young. Considering if…you weren’t killed that is. Hehe.” Seohyun explained with a hesitant smile and scratched his head.

 

“Hmmm… I think I would have been 72 years old. But since I was killed in my early twenties, no wonder I still look young.” Ji Hyun said with a smirk.

 

“Mianhaeyo, Ji Hyun-sshi. I’m not used to these kinds of situations. It’s just that it’s too complex for me to handle. I mean….you and what just happened earlier…and your past…” Seo Hyun said in a low tone of her voice.

 

Ji Hyun held her shoulders.

 

“Seo Hyun-ah, don’t worry too much. I’ll be one of your mentors. I can assure you that once you wake up from this dream, good people will be on your side and they will serve as your mentors as well. The future ahead of you isn’t that easy but with a wise mind, you’ll get through it.”

 

“My presence and this place will remain inside of your mind. Even though many people may try to take control of my sword, it would be impossible for them to get a hold of it because I’m the one who will choose its owner.” She added.

 

Then she gets her katana and handed it to Seo Hyun.

 

“I choose you.” Ji Hyun took off his kimono and revealed a black dragon tattoo on her back. At the time she revealed it, Seo Hyun felt pain on her back similar to what she felt a while ago. It felt like her back was burnt.

 

She was aching in pain and kneeled with her face on her hands. She cried when it was engraved. It was an unbearable pain and she thought she’ll die soon.

 

“Bear with it for now. I felt the same pain years ago.” Ji Hyun said and fixed her kimono in place.

 

‘W-Why does it have to be me?’ she thought. That time, she felt very weak and her vision is starting to blur.

 

With that, Seohyun’s eyes were shut again.

 

By the time she woke up, she was staring at a white surface and she was having a headache. She opened her eyes gradually and looked from left to right. Seohyun was wearing a white dress and it made her wonder why she was dressed like that.

 

Then she realized she wasn’t in the dojo.

 

Someone knocked on the door and it flew open revealing a familiar figure.

 

“Tiffany sunbae?”

 

“Joo Hyun-sshi, how are you feeling?” Tiffany said as she sit on the side of the bed.

 

“I’m okay but… I feel tired.”

 

Suddenly, she remembered what just happened.

 

“Harabeoji…HARABEOJI!!” Seohyun yelled out of worry. She tried to get out of the bed but Tiffany stopped her from doing so.

 

“You should rest first okay. About your grandpa…we’re very sorry but he lost a lot of blood that caused his death.” Tiffany said in a sad tone. She wasn’t suppose to tell her that the moment she wakes up but since she asked about it, she has no choice but to tell her the truth.

 

Seohyun felt down and tears started to fall from her eyes.  Tiffany held her hands.

 

“It’s not your fault sunbae. If only I was skillful enough to protect him, he should have been alive.”

 

“Joo Hyun-sshi… I understand how you’re feeling right now. But there’s someone who wants to meet with you.”

 

“Huh? Who?” she asked as she wiped her tears with her hand.

 

“He wanted to tell you everything personally so I’m not allowed to spoil anything. I’ll just accompany you to him.”

 

Seohyun nodded as they went out of the room and headed to a room with a big door. They arrived in the room. It was like an office with a bookshelf on one side and a Macintosh laptop on the table. Then, she noticed someone standing with his back facing her and looking outside the glass window.

 

“I’ll leave you two to talk.” Tiffany finally said and left the room.

 

“Huh? W-Wait.” Seohyun felt nervous being alone with a stranger.

 

“Don’t worry, he won’t bite.” Tiffany said and closed the door.

 

After that, the stranger finally turned to face her.

 

“Joo Hyun-ah, I’m sorry for what happened to harabeoji.” He said. The stranger was dressed in a black suit with a white inner and a tie .

 

“Just call me Seohyun. It’s not your fault. But…who are you? Why’d you know me?” she finally asked out of curiosity.

 

“Choi Dong Wook alias Seven. Just call me Seven, okay? I’m currently the leader of the White Soshi clan. How can I not know my cousin whom I haven’t seen for a long time?”

 

Seohyun’s eyes widen in surprise. She didn’t know she had a cousin. “Cousin? But harabeoji told me that he’s my only relative.”

 

“Well…that’s to keep the organization’s information a secret and for our safety. Don’t worry harabeoji knows all about this wherever he is now. He already told me that if anything happens to him, you’ll be under our care.” He said reassuringly and walked towards her.

 

“So it’s true. You’re her reincarnation.” He added.

 

Seohyun was alarmed by what he just said. She thought only her knew about that.

 

“H-How did you know about that?”

 

“Turn around and look up.” She did as told and saw a large portrait of a woman.                Seohyun’s eyes widen. It was Ji Hyun wearing a white robe with a sword on her right hand. And it was the same sword she handed to Seohyun in her dream.

 

“Here.” Seven handed Ji Hyun’s sword to her and Seohun held onto it. “Have you seen her already? I mean did she ever appear to you by any chance?”

 

“Yes. Just recently in my dream. She told me that I’m her reincarnation and that she has chosen me to be responsible in handling her sword.”

 

Seven just nodded in agreement. “You’re still young to have this kind this responsibility. But I know you’ll soon bear with this. We’ll help you.”

 

The truth is she’s still in the state of disbelief of what’s happening.

 

“Thanks. I can still continue with my studies, right?”

 

“Of course. Come. Let me introduce you to some of our members.” He finally said as they went out of the room and accompanied her upstairs.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter