Chapter 11

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two days have passed after the incident.

 

The guardians took care of Seven at the Taoist temple. His vital signs were good but he’s still unconscious. Master Wu ordered to run some blood tests to see anything inside his system.

 

“Yuan, any updates on what really happened to him?” Kuo asked while the three of them were in the room were Seven was taken cared of.

 

Yuan remained quiet and looked like he’s in deep thought while sitting at the side. ‘Something’s just suspicious… but I’m still not sure.’ He thought.

 

“Bro? Is there a problem?” Insu finally asked him while tapping his shoulder. He noticed that Kuo and Insu were looking worried towards him since he didn’t respond.

 

“Oh… nothing guys. I’m just a bit sleepy.” He responded shortly and stood up. “I’ll just get some coffee. You want some?” Insu and Kuo just nodded in agreement.

 

Yuan went to the kitchen and he can see the beautiful scenery of the waterfalls. After a few seconds, a dark silhouette caught his attention.

 

“Where did you come from?” He uttered by himself as his eyes followed the direction on where it went. It stopped near the water current going down and went beneath it. Then he remembered something. “Wait. I saw that before… in Taeyeon’s nightmare.”

 

 

------------------------

 

 

“Okay… just a little bit more.” Jonghyun uttered while fixing the broken footages of the CCTV. He’s been so desperate to fix it that made him do some research and even asked from his colleagues before.

 

“Woah.” He blurted out as a clear footage was shown on the monitor. It was Seven with Han Byul in his office and they were talking. He raised the volume that time to listen to their conversation.

 

 

“Do you trust me, boss?”

 

“Of course, I trust you.”

 

 

But the electricity suddenly went off in Seven’s office that time. He raised the volume to the loudest and tried to listen if they were still conversing or someone went there.

 

“What’s with the trust issues?” He uttered and wondered what really happened.

 

“Byul…”

 

There was a stinging noise after that made him take off his headphones. “Man! What was that?! Did someone manipulate the security system or something?” He rubbed his ears and paused the footage for a while.

 

“Alright! Meticulous me activated!” Jonghyun opened some programs here and there, adjusted the sound quality, and used his pen & notepad for some important notes.

 

 

Meanwhile, Ji Hyun went to talk with Seohyun in her room.

 

“Seo Joo Hyun.” Ji Hyun came while Seohyun was readying herself for sleep. “Can we have a few minutes to talk?”

 

“Oh Ji Hyun. Sure. What is it?”

 

“My instincts are telling me that there’s something in this mansion.”

 

Seohyun went near her but lowered her voice a bit. “Something? Or… is it someone?”

 

“I think we have the same person in mind?” Ji Hyun smirked and was in deep thought.

 

“Yeah… but I don’t want to conclude right away, Ji Hyun. We need to investigate more and gather evidence for confirmation.” Seohyun said with a tone of worry and desperation.

 

“We just need to make sure to look out for each person here and make sure of their safety.” She crossed her arms and sighed. “Dong Wook is still unconscious when I checked on him this morning.”

 

 Seohyun frowned upon knowing about it. “I just hope he wakes up soon.”

 

 

--------------------------

 

 

It was a very quiet evening when Insu decided to have his meditation at the waterfalls that time since it has been a while. Kuo was with Seven and Yuan went with Master Wu at the city to buy some things.

 

He only worn his lower dobuk and brought his three black cards with him.

 

“Feels good to relax.” He came to sit on one of the big rocks as the water is hitting his body. The three cards came floating in the air as he started to relax and closed his eyes.

 

 

“Chansung…”

 

He wasn’t sure if he heard his name called by someone so he just ignored it.

 

“Insu… “

 

Insu was starting to feel weird and slowly opened his eyes. “Who are you? Speak!” He tried to look around to see if there’s someone near the area.

 

“Do you really think you can protect Seohyun?”

 

Then the voice suddenly laughed evilly that made him annoyed. He grabbed his cards and stood in the waters. “You’re not funny anymore! Show yourself!”

 

Someone’s hand suddenly held his shoulder from the back. “Here I am.”

 

Insu turned his head to face the person and was surprised. “What the…?” The person looks like him. It was him.

 

“The perks of the so-called ‘guardian’ but do you really deserve it?”

 

 Insu became furious and confused of the situation. “Who are you to say that?!”

 

“I’m... you. I’m in the deepest part of your mind. I know you still have issues in there.”

 

“No! That’s not true!” He shouted as he pushed the person away. He just continued to laugh evilly like he has already won.

 

“You’re so ridiculous.” Then Insu was pushed away towards the water as the person strangled him.

 

‘What does he know? Is this real?’ he thought as he was fighting with his life and he just closed his eyes.

 

 

“Bro! Insu! Wake up!” Yuan patted both of Insu’s shoulders.

 

Then he finally woke up. He was sweating like crazy and his head was aching. He shifted his attention on the person in front of him. “Yuan… what happened?”

 

Yuan’s face went confused. “You don’t remember anything? You fainted outside near the waterfalls.”

 

“What?” Then he remembered his dream. “I had a nightmare, bro. I thought I was gonna drown. A person who looked like me strangled me in the waters.”

 

Yuan grew quiet and was in deep thought again. “You know what… let’s talk more about this tomorrow. We need to rest. Drink this tea I prepared so that you can sleep soundly tonight.”

 

“Yeah… I guess we’re all just been busy lately. Thanks Yuan. Good night.”

 

After that, Yuan left Insu’s room. ‘Now what? This doesn’t sound good. I need to do something fast or everyone will get into trouble.’

 

He dropped by Kuo’s room just to make sure. The lights were still on so he just knocked once and came in. “Kuo? Are you asleep?”

 

Kuo was watching a Korean drama and he just took a glimpse of who it was then shifted his attention again on the television. “Oh Yuan, what is it?”

 

Yuan just smirked. “Oh nothing man. Just want to say good night.”

 

“Okay. Good night bro.” he waved a bit and focused again on the series.

 

Yuan went to Seven’s room and went near him. “Please cooperate just now. Especially on what happened that night.” he uttered and placed his hand on Seven’s forehead.

 

Surprisingly, Yuan saw the scene in Seven’s perspective at the mansion. Then he saw this girl coming towards him.

 

 

“Take a rest, will you? Just for ten minutes. You look so stressed.”

 

 “Okay, miss. Just for ten minutes.” He grabbed the document back and put it on his table. “It seems like you want to tell me something, Byul.”

 

“I…” Tears were starting to form in her eyes. Yuan wondered why. He can feel that this girl is very special towards Seven.

 

“Hey… what’s wrong?” Seven stood up and held her shoulders while trying to read her. “You can tell me anything.”

 

The tears started to roll down her cheeks as she looked at him with concern. “Do you trust me, boss?”

 

“Of course, I trust you.”

 

Suddenly, everything just went black. The electricity went off and it became more silent. Yuan can feel her warm embrace towards Seven.

 

“Byul…”

 

Yuan felt something that was injected towards his neck and it was a horrible sensation. “Uuggghh.” He held his neck.

 

“Are you gonna kill me, Byul?” Yuan heard Seven say those words.

 

“Just trust me in this. I know it’s confusing but… I’m just following orders. I don’t have a choice. I’m so sorry.”

 

Then he just heard her sobbing. “Byul… you don’t have… to apologize.“ then everything went blank.

 

 

After that Yuan felt very weak that made his body lie on the floor for a while. He was catching his breath and was sweating all over.

 

“Why… didn’t you show that… to us… before?” he asked and wondered while still on the floor and looking at the sleeping Seven.

 

He heard footsteps from the corridor approaching the room and he just crawled as fast as he can to reach the side where his bed is. Then he covered his whole body with the blanket and pretended he’s sleeping.

 

‘It’s already late. Who could that be?’ Yuan thought as the door opened. His body was facing towards Seven but his eyes were closed.

 

He felt a weird heaviness towards his chest that time that he cannot understand. When the pain was gone, he opened his eyes and was surprised to see the room empty.

 

Yuan stood up and looked around. “What’s happening around here?” Then he went out of the room and walked towards the corridors. The moon was full and its light is reflecting towards the temple and the wind was just blowing.

 

Then he saw a figure at the middle of the training ground and he can’t see clearly on who it was. He came near just a few meters away.

 

“Who are you and what’s going on?”

 

The person turned around and he was surprised to see a man smirking that looks like him.

 

“You’re annoying, do you know that?”

 

Yuan was the one smirking this time in disbelief. “Annoying? I haven’t done anything yet in the first place.”

 

“Let me tell you something. Right now, you are in my world. Unless you beat me, you can’t get out and you’ll be like the state of Lee Dong Wook… unconscious for who knows until when.”

 

Yuan’s face turned serious and he’s desperate to know the person behind this.

 

“You really think I’m gonna be threatened and afraid with that?”

 

“Well, let’s just say no one can save you if that happens. Chansung was lucky you were around. He survived because you intervened.”

 

Yuan became pissed off upon knowing about it. “What?! Who are you?!”

 

“Woah. Calm down. You’ll know once you beat me. Why don’t we just get this on?”

 

 

----------------------------

 

 

“This can’t be…” Jonghyun uttered as he figured out and discovered the missing footage. His energy was drained out and he just covered his face in disbelief.

 

“Why Han Byul noona?”

 

It was already 10AM and Jonghyun haven’t had any sleep yet. His mind became too preoccupied especially on what he just found out. Han Byul was already like a big sister to him.

 

Then someone knocked on his door. “Jonghyun? Are you there?”

 

“Uhmm… Yeah. Come in.” He was still dumbfounded in front of the monitor and wasn’t on his mind. “Oh… hyung it’s you.” He looked at Yonghwa and replied shortly.

 

“Aren’t you gonna go down?” Yonghwa noticed that he doesn’t look good. “Are you okay? Looks like you haven’t had any sleep.”

 

Jonghyun looked at Yonghwa with a sad face and closed his eyes. “Hyung… I was able to fix and discover the missing footage.”

 

“Really?! Did y

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter