Chapter 5

Close to You
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Jay Park - Demon

 

“Now where has that girl gone to? I still can’t see signs of her.” Yonghwa blurted out while stopping for a while near a big tree. He wiped his sweat off and finally saw her approaching.

. .

 

. . .

 

. .

 

. . .

 

Seohyun kept panting after he covered 3km from jogging but she still hasn’t caught up.  But when she saw his figure standing and watching her from a distance, she became determined to continue.

 

“Seohyun, just think of him as a giant Goguma ready to be eaten.” Right then, Yonghwa became a sweet potato on her sight.

 

 “Arrrghhhh!!! I haven’t eaten one since I lived in the mansion. I must taste it agaaaiiinnn~!!”

She was already five feet near Yonghwa when she suddenly tripped. “Waaahh~! My Goguma~!  >.<”

 

“Seo Joo Hyun, you’re not possibly drunk, right?” he asked after holding her arms to prevent her from falling on the ground.

 

“Of course not. I’m just a bit dizzy. But why are you talking Mr. Goguma?  Where’s Yonghwa? @.@”

 

Yonghwa gave her the water container and that made her return back to reality. “Oh God. Water.” Then she immediately drank from it.

 

‘So childish.’ He thought.

 

“This time stay close to me but don’t let me find or see you, araso? If you can keep that up for at least 20 minutes, you win. But if I caught you first, you’ll get a punishment.”

 

“What’s that for by the way? It’s like we’re playing hide and seek.” Seohyun scratched the back of her head. She’s still feeling exhausted.

 

“Just look at it that way. Let’s start.”

 

After that, Yonghwa turned around and started counting. “1…2…3…”

 

‘OMO~! I must hide fast!’ she thought and looked around to find a hiding place. Then she noticed a bigger tree at the corner and decided to climb and hide there. “This better be a good idea, Seohyun.”

 

“8…9…10… Let’s see if you’re good at sneaking without me detecting you.”

 

“I think I should just sit on this branch. It’s thick so I’m counting on it not to be broken and I’ll last here for 2 minutes.” Seohyun whispered to herself and took a comfortable position.

 

She didn’t went further up, her position was just enough for her to jump from two branches until she reaches the ground.

 

Seohyun sneaked through the leaves and branches and found Yonghwa looking around. But then he was walking towards the tree she was climbing.

 

‘OMO! >.<’ she screamed on her thoughts with the other hand covering . ‘He can’t possibly have an x-ray sight, right?’

 

Her eyes continued to follow Yonghwa’s destination as he walked. And surprisingly, he stopped walking and leaned on the tree she was in.

 

She looked at her watch and only 5 minutes has passed. She’s already getting impatient and thought of just getting the punishment he will set. But on second thought, she thought that maybe Yonghwa would punish her embarrassingly like she’s gonna dance in front of the public.

 

She decided to doze off for a few minutes while leaning on the trunk of the tree. 

 

“Seo Joo Hyun, you’re moving too much.”

 

When she heard that voice, she immediately opened her eyes and looked down. Seohyun became nervous and was relieved when he wasn’t looking up.

 

‘Did he already find out I’m here?’ she thought of the possibility.

 

Just when I thought I’ll be relieved, something unexpected came. Two assassins appeared in front of Yonghwa.

 

‘Oh no. Not this time.’ Seohyun thought.

 

“Weren’t you with Seo Joo Hyun?” they asked him.

 

He took a few steps away from the tree and looked at them.

 

“I think you’re asking the wrong person.  And what’s with the costume. It’s Halloween alright.” Yonghwa blurted out with a smirk which made their eyebrows meet.

 

“Don’t play with us pretty boy or you’re really gonna get it.”

 

 Yonghwa was about to get his gun but that someone behind him got it from him and target him instead.

 

“Don’t ever think about it. Tell us where the girl is or I’ll blow your head this instant.”

 

Few of the people who were around the place started to run from the scene they were in.

 

“Oh really? Go ahead.” Yonghwa challenged the assassin.

 

“Don’t. If we kill him, we won’t know where the girl is.”

 

Yonghwa smirked and let out a small laugh..

 

‘I should help him but…he asked me to sneak into him for at least 20 minutes. Gaaaaah.’ Seohyun thought and was having second thoughts on what to do. Then a bulb light up on her head. ‘Aha.’

 

“Honestly, I also don’t know where she is. We’re sort of playing hide and seek here if you don’t mind.”

 

“Stop joking around pretty boy.”

 

“I’m telling the truth. She’s already hiding for about 15 minutes already.”

 

“Okay. That’s it. You’re really gonna get it.” The assassin behind him said and is about to pull the trigger onto Yonghwa’s head.

 

He looked at the two assassins in front of him. “You had your chance.” He uttered and then everything just went slow.

 

Yonghwa knelt and grabbed a gun hidden at the side of his lower leg then he shot the two assassins in front of him. He quickly kicked the feet of the assassin at his back which made her fall on her back and let go of his gun.

 

The assassin looked on her side and tried to reach onto the gun but her hand was stepped on by him.

 

“Not so fast. This is mine. Buy your own ones if you eagerly want this.”

 

The two assassins were on the state of dying since he hit them directly on the heart.

 

“So you also want to die with them?” Yonghwa asked. After he said those words, the two became ashes.

 

“Yonghwa-sshi…please stop it.”

 

Seohyun went down from the tree and walked towards him.

 

“Can’t you see? They’re after you and still you show mercy towards them.”

 

“That’s part of being a human.”

 

“Really? You did pass the first challenge. Now, for the second challenge.”

 

Yonghwa hand her his gun. “Shoot her.”

 

Seohyun’s eyes widen and her body produced a cold sweat. “Y-Y-You can’t be serious…right?”

 

He noticed that she’s still not ready for his sudden request.

 

“Well, I guess I’ll be the one to kill you.” With that, he immediately shot the assassin that ended her life. Her ashes went with the wind.

 

“Oh God!” Seohyun gasped with trembling hands and tears on her eyes.

 

“Come on.” Yonghwa called her to follow him as he started to walk away from where they were. He kept his weapons first then suddenly faced her with an irritated look.

 

“How long are you gonna stay like this, huh?”

 

“But I—“

 

“I know many people can’t stand to kill someone or even anybody. But in this world, people tend to break that rule if something will put their life in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter