Terribly Cruel Revenge

Disgraceful LOΛE

Ren waited until nighttime to get a taxi from the hotel to Sandy’s place. He had to rummage through Aron’s belongings to find the slip of paper in which Aron had written the address. He stole it and stowed away while everyone was sleeping.

He had no idea what he was going to do with her; he just knew he was going to do something. He was going to make her feel bad somehow, make her regret ever being such a terrible person to Aron.

On the way there, he began to concoct a plan in his head. What was he going to do? Surely, he wasn't going to cause her physical harm. He hated her, but he didn’t hate her that much.

He also did not have the English vocabulary to hurt her with words. He didn’t have the ability to make her feel so guilty about herself. That’s what he would have done if he could speak English properly but unfortunately his vocabulary could only do so much.

He decided maybe he should hurt her by lying to her, telling her that Aron had moved on with another girl. Maybe Yooyoung. Maybe even himself. No, she wouldn’t believe that…

She was the one that opened the door when he arrived. She looked surprised to see him. “Ren. What are you doing here?”

He was upset to see her. He had sort of hoped to see that her head was shaved in an expression of remorse for breaking Aron’s heart. At least he hoped to see her looking sickly and pale, or at least crying a little. He hated to see that she was as healthy and as full of life as ever.

He frowned at her.

It was only then that she recoiled and guilt was painted across her face. “I’m sorry,” she said, like that would help. “I’m truly sorry. This is about Aron and what I did to him, right? He drank that night because of me, right? JR and Minhyun were hospitalized because of me, not him…”

Ren was satisfied that she was at least guilty. Still guilt wasn’t enough for Ren. He still wanted to break her heart somehow. It was then that an idea hit him. He dashed into her house without being invited in and stormed into her room. He began taking down all of the EXO posters that hung there.

“Ren, what are you doing?!” she asked as she watched Ren take down EXO’s posters. He then turned his attention to the photo cards she had on display: the photocards she had worked hard to collect. Ren took those too, and right in front of her eyes he began to tear them.

Sandy stood there helplessly and watched. She was trembling and crying, but did not attempt to stop him.

After he was done tearing up four of the twelve photo cards she had painstakingly collected, he finally looked at her and saw the look on her face. She was truly hurt. Suddenly, Ren felt like . Maybe he went a little too far, he thought.

She collapsed onto the floor and began wiping away her tears from her eyes, but she wouldn’t stop crying. Did the EXO photo cards really mean so much to her?

She was a fan. Of course they meant a lot to her. As a fan, her heart and soul goes into the collection of these photo cards. Seeing them makes her happy. Photo cards and posters were more than just paper to a fan. They were the essence of their support to their idols. They represented their love, their happiness and the investment of themselves into these people. He just interfered with that wonderful sentiment, and that made him realize just how much he had hurt her.

He kneeled down beside he and said: “I’m sorry.” He handed her the eight photo cards he did not tear.

“I deserve it,” she responded to him. “Please tear them all, Ren. I know what you’re doing. You’re trying to hurt me because I hurt Aron. Thank you for showing me how much it hurts to have your heart broken. Tear them all, Ren. I deserve to be punished.”

Ren sighed and put the photo cards on the counter. He suddenly felt really lousy for doing what he did. What was he achieving by making her cry? By hurting her like that? By making her feel guiltier than she already is? Hurting her won’t make Aron feel better. On the contrary, if Aron knew about this, he’ll be angry. Aron loved Sandy, meaning he wanted her to be happy. Ren did something that would make his hyung angry, and that made him feel awful.

“I’m sorry,” Ren repeated, pouting helplessly as he looked at a heartbroken Sandy. If his hyung would see him at that moment, he’d be so disappointed in him. Acting out of revenge is bad. The thought that he had done something that would disappoint Aron made him feel crummier than ever.

He picked up the pieces of the torn up photo card and took it to her desk, where she had tape there conveniently placed. He began putting the pieces together, and as he was taping together Luhan’s face, he felt that he needed to make up for the terrible thing he just did.

It all hit him then, when he saw Sandy’s diary laying there on her desk. He had glanced and he saw words in English plastered across the page. There were tears stains on the page. He read a few phrases. ‘I hate myself.’ ‘I love Aron.’ ‘I’m bad.’ ‘I am truly sad.’ Ren smiled.

She truly feels guilty about it. She truly loves Aron. Aron loves her. They both feel lousy. Why can’t this stupid problem be solved with them getting back together? She regrets it and she loves him. Therefore, she will not do it again. Aron just has to forgive her and everyone will be happy. Aron will be happy. Sandy will be happy. Well, Baekho won’t be happy, but Ren had his own plans for Baekho.

He finished taping Luhan’s face. He then began to put together Baekhyun’s.

All the memories hit him then. He and Baekhyun-hyung were the ones that got Sandy and Aron together in the first place. He smiled as he recalled the good times he had with that hyung.

He taped together his face and smiled. Baekhyun-hyung, Ren thought, this time, you won’t be with me when I get those two back together again. This time, I’ll be a solo Cupid! But I know I have your telepathic support! Wish me luck, co-Cupid-hyung!

He kissed Baekhyun’s photocard and smiled as he concocted a plan to become their Cupid once again.

Oh Ren. I hate you for doing that, but I love you for deciding to become Cupid again.

By the way, I have a dad who doesn’t like K-Pop. He at one point tore all my photo cards and posters and let me tell you it hurts like hell and I cried so much… like don’t underestimate how mean Ren’s revenge really is. *sigh* it hurt my heart to write this chapter because I remembered what happened to me. It’s terrible.