Nineteen

DJ got me falling in Love

▼▼▼

 

 

For the past fifteen minutes, Kyungsoo has been nursing a ball of in his stomach that has him on the edge, heels bouncing and brain not taking in any of the movie dialogue running in front of him on the computer screen.


This is bad. This is really bad.

He hasn't felt this way for like what, several years? Even during that one time Baekhyun decidedly engaged a hostess to perform a personal for him on his 21st birthday, he was only squirming awkwardly and praying that she doesn't squash him to death with her over sized s.


It's intimidating, if you ask him. And the hostess had been so pressingly close he could only see a blur of flesh and blood red lips and wandering hands on places too private, her potent perfume choking up his nostrils.


Even then, he had not worked up such a reaction quite akin to his current state.



He's flushed and hot. Too heated to be considered normal in the cooling wee hours of the night.

And you had been standing a meter or more away.



A pretty light blush on your cheeks, most likely from the cold. Though you were dressed inappropriately, there's still more fabric on you compared to the skimpily clad hostess.



So why is he feeling this way?

He's aching to get off but then refuses to relieve himself because images of your face, your skin, your eyes, keep popping up in his mind. Thinking the movie will help him get his bearings back, he's stuck to the screen for the longest time but all it manages to do is prolong his misery.



His throat is dry and he his lips, finally moving from his seat to get a glass of water from the kitchen.

He feels himself gradually calm down after downing the cold liquid and is about to make his way back to the room when he hears you sneezing again.



The heater upstairs has been faulty for the longest time, that's why even though it's bigger than the two rooms downstairs, he chose to stay on the first floor.

There's an extra blanket in his room he knows you can use. After battling internally for a few minutes, he grabs the thick blanket and hauls it up the stairs.



Your door is closed.

He tries the knob and realizes it's unlocked. Figuring you might already be asleep, he pushes in gently, fully intending to just drop and go.



The room is dark but faintly lit in the soft moonlight.

He makes out the contour of your body underneath the sheets, curled tightly into a ball. As he approaches the bed stealthily, you sneeze again, visibly suppressing a shiver.


You look like you're in a worse shape than he thought.

Tiptoeing beside you, he lays out the blanket over you, taking care to make as little noise as possible.


It's at this moment you shift a little, eyes fluttering in your sleep but remaining shut. You sniffle, letting out a tiny whine.



Kyungsoo is captivated by the sight.

You look so... Vulnerable and... Cute.



He doesn't know what possessed him to do it but his hand is already reaching out to cup upon your forehead.

"Damn, you're burning up." He says it a bit too loudly and you squirm, uttering a quiet, "Cold."



Unsure of what to do, Kyungsoo simply nudges the two blankets further under your chin but then one of your hands suddenly reach out to grab his and the male freezes.

"You're so warm."

 

 



What follows catches Kyungsoo totally unprepared.



You pull him closer towards you and the sudden imbalance has the male half collapsing on the bed.

Completely bogged with sickness and sleep, you are oblivious to his gasp, taking the opportunity instead to snuggle against the radiating body heat.



"So warm..." Your voice trails off. Staring at the serene face under him, Kyungsoo finds it very very hard to push you away. After maintaining the same awkward position for several seconds, he opts to lie down completely under the covers with you instead, moving the arm you are holding closer over your body into a semi embrace.


"Is this better?"

His gentle whisper sways you further into sleep like a lullaby and you hum satisfyingly.


Your breathing evens out as you slip into a deeper slumber and the male watches you curiously.



Should he leave?

But your hand is grasping firmly onto his and he'll wake you if he moves.


Kyungsoo adjusts himself more comfortably and decides he'll just stay for a while, until the grip loosens a bit and he can sneak away.

The air is still and cool, the warmth of two bodies and blankets lulling him into a stupor, paced by the sound of steady breathing and heartbeats.



Before long, the deejay is dozing off.

 



❖❖❖





You wake up feeling as if your head weighs a ton.


Taking a deep breath, you realize you have a blocked nose and rolls over to grab some tissues on the table, when you suddenly notice the body lying beside you.




"Yahhhh!!!"

Your blood curdling scream jolts the deejay out of his dream scape and he snaps upright in a flash.


"The fu*k..." Kyungsoo curses, voice thick with sleep. He takes a moment to press the ball of his hands into bleary eyes before turning to bark.

"What is wrong with you?!"


"I should be asking you that! What are you doing in my bed?!" You retort when something registers and you scramble your hands over your body and phew... Your clothes are still intact.




"What, I didn't do anything to you okay," The male huffs indignantly. "And you were the one holding on to me last night, begging me not to go."

Well, you didn't exactly beg him, but Kyungsoo figures it's more or less the same.



"I-- What?" You blink furiously.

As much as you want to deny it, you can't help but think you can get pretty agreeable and clingy when you are drowsy. Especially since you vaguely remember talking to someone during the night, thinking it's Youngjae...


"Urgghhh..." You gurgle and sink your head back on the bed.


"Are you... Alright?" The male asks, tone softening.


"My head... Feels like it's splitting apart." You groan.



"You'd probably need an aspirin and see the doctor later." Kyungsoo coaxes gently and extends a hand on your forehead.

You flinch a little from the unexpected touch but doesn't move away.



"Still feels slightly warm." He concludes. "I'll get you some medicine."

You watch as the male slips out of bed, stretching himself a bit as he ambles out of the room.



Glancing down, you realize there's an extra blanket on yourself that wasn't there before. So... He had brought you a blanket in the middle of the night, knowing that the heater is faulty.

And stayed with you when you were shivering from the cold. Without any hanky panky.



Madam Park is right. The male is rather sweet and caring.

Not that you'd admit it to him of course.

 



❖❖❖

 



Kyungsoo is berating himself for letting his guard down.


Why exactly is he doing this again?

He glances down at the packet of aspirin in his hands.



"Well, I'm a deejay and a deejay needs his voice, which means I can't get sick and I can't afford to have a sick person in the house, right? Right."

He's half satisfied with his self pep talk and is about to return upstairs when he sees an amused Sera looking at him.



"What?" He says defensively.

"Baekhyun ssi called just now..." She begins.

"I'll call him back later."


Damn, this doesn't bode good.

Heck, he'll think about it later.





When he enters your room, you've already washed up and is drying your face.


"Thanks." You mumble as you take over the medicine.

"Do you need me to take you to the doctor's later on?" The deejay asks casually.


"It's ok, I'm good."

Your voice sounds seriously nasal.


"You sure?"

"Yeah." You nod and turn away.


Kyungsoo doesn't push further.

 




❖❖❖
 

 



He hates how his instincts are always right.



"Kyungsoooo..." Baekhyun coos when he picks up the phone. "I heard from Sera you were in Ga-eun ssi's room the whole morning? Ooh... Someone is getting naughty..."

Kyungsoo wants to smack the suggestive tone out of his best friend's mouth, but since they are separated by a phone, all he can do is snort.



"She was sick, I brought her medicine, that's all. We didn't do anything."

"Aw... Are you disappointed? Since you guys are living together you know you'd always have-- "


"What do you want, Baek?" The deejay promptly cuts him off.

"Ah... I was just gonna ask what do you want to get from US because I'm going there next week for a gig, should I get Ga-eun ssi something too?"


Kyungsoo rolls his eyes.




"That will be nice, Baek. Maybe you can just get me some extra strong super glue so I can shut someone's stupid mouth up. "

"Ooh... Someone's into kink I see..."

The singer's chuckle chimes through the receiver.



"Tell me about her, Kyungsoo, what does she do? And when is the wedding, I'll be sure to get a nice little present for you two..."

"It's none of your business and there's no wedding so you can just buy yourself some reality." The deejay retorts.



"Aw, come on... And look, a relationship always needs some change up now and then, so if you think the house is boring, I can always recommend you this really posh place in Cheongdam-dong, it's only by referral so you'd be totally safe..."


"Have a good trip, Baek, and help me say thank you to Chanyeol for getting your out of my life for the next few days..." Kyungsoo sings over his best friend's rattling.


"That's because he appreciates my ..."


"Bye, Baekhyun!"


"Remember to quote my name when you go! It's 'Rookie'!"




Click.

Silence is such a bliss, Kyungsoo thinks.



On the other hand, he's wondering how little he actually knows about you.

What do you do for a living anyway?

 

 

 

 

▲▲▲

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

a/n: i've been really busy these few days so the next update might be later in the week, do be patient with me, and oh! tell me hw u like the story so far! ^^