Oh, It's My Birthday? (Part 2)

Hide the Idol

"Ahhh! I'm late! Late late late!" I am panting, trying to catch the time left before I'll be marked late which is approximate 30 seconds. People might think I'll be running late for them to greet me as soon as I come in. Well, if that's the case, I'll be thanking the traffic.

I was running in a sea of people, fighting with the current to reach the shore which obviously is my room. I didn't have anytime to at the window before entering.

"Sorry Sir! I'm late!" I was breathing heavily, sweat dripping in my face, eyes closed, not wanting to see our professor's reaction to it -- such a good look for my birthday. Then some started to chuckle. I can even hear Nicole's signature snorty laugh from behind. And Doojoon seems to hold down his laughter. I looked at everybody, slowly clapping at my epic entrance and I saw the professor's table. EMPTY.

"Nice Ems! Better than any Sweet 16 entrance, yeah?" George shouted.

"Shut up!" I slapped his back. I went to my seat. I wiped all my sweat in my face and I noticed Doojoon was looking.

"What?" I asked him.

"Why?" He smugged.

"I should ask you that. Don't you think?" I answered back. He just gave a smile and went back to reading our handouts.

What a wuss! He didn't even greet me! Wait, does he know that it's my birthday?

"BEEEEAAAAAAN! HAPPY BIRTHDAAAAAAYYYY!" Nicole surpised me with a kiss on the cheek and a little something wrapped in red velvet. I opened it and it was a customized leather bracelet with a gold plate with my initials in it.

"Gosh Nicole. This is amazing. Thank you!" I hugged her so tight. Gosh, I'm so thankful that I have a friend like hers. Nicole suddenly turned to Doojoon and poked him.

"Hey Doo. Do you have any birthday gift for her? It's her birthday!" She shouted. And as usual, he looked at both us with just a smile.

"What? This guy. Do you guys have any problems? Love quarrels?" She asked us.

"NO!" Doojoon and I answered at the same time.

Hours go by and Doojoon was giving me the silent treatment. I tried to ask few questions but he'd always give me an answer of a yes or no. What is this guy's problem? Did I do something to him? Then I tried to ask one more question again. If he won't answer me, I won't expect for him to greet me or anything at all.

"Doo. Honestly, what the hell's your problem?" I whispered. And again, he just gave me that smile of his.

"Fine." I said. My eyes started to damp. I was trying to hold back the tears but a few started to drop. I took a deep breath, wiped everything of my face and listened to the professor again.

I didn't feel like going out or anything after class. Nicole asked me if we'll have some drinks after our class and I said no. Doojoon ruined a part of this day. Unbelievable. 

"I shouldn't have helped him if this was just the treatment he'll pay me back." I said to myself as I walk going out of the campus. Then my phone suddenly rang. It was Doojoon who called. I was having second thoughts of answering it but my fingers just felt like answering his call. As if, it is some uncontrollable feeling whenever I hear his name or whenever he calls me.

"Doojoon."

"Hey. Meet me at park near our school okay?"

"Why?" I asked.

"Just go, okay? Don't ask why. Just go."

"Fine. I'll be there in 10 minutes."

I walked fast. I didn't like the feeling of people waiting for me ever since. Not because of Doojoon or what, it is just rude for me to let them wait. As I slowly approached the park, it was dimly lighted. I could barely see anything. It is a giant park with a big field in the middle and I can barely see the pathway of the park.

I was about to call Doojoon when the lights were switched on. All of the lights were just at the field. I could see a table for two with Doojoon seating on the other with his arms crossed. I slowly approached the big field and Doojoon stood up, got a big bouquet of flowers and he was wearing that charming smile of his.

I didn't know what to do. I didn't really know what to say. I was a bit confused why was this happening. Is this the reason why he was giving me that silent treatment? For a surprise?

He didn't look fancy and all. He was just wearing a nice shirt and pants which I kind of like it since it would be so weird for me 'cause I'm wearing uniform at that time.

"Sorry for making you cry earlier."

"You saw that?"

"Of course I did. You're my seatmate. Don't you think you'd get away with that?" He said. And I just gave him a shrug. He held my hand tightly and caressed it.

"Don't be sad. Happy birthday Emma." He handed me the flowers and accompanied me in my seat. Like every gentleman, he pushed back the chair and let me seat first. Doojoon seated at my left side, maybe not be so distant from where I am seated since the table is pretty long. The table arrangement was so cute and simple. It had two candles lighted, roses in a little pot and of course, our food. A freshly baked pizza. What can I really ask for? It was fantastic.

"Sorry if I kinda at arranging things. I asked Nicole what was your favorite food and she just said a box of pizza and some soda so there, I'm sorry. I don't want to arrange this according to what I want. I want to arrange this to what you would want to have." He scratched his hair and smiled.

"Don't worry. It is really good. Thank you so much. I didn't expect this. Really." My eyes started to tear up again. This time, it is because of happiness. Pure happiness.

We were enjoying our pizza and soda with some candles and roses around us when he stopped eating and got something from his bag. It was a purple box and he handed over it to me.

I opened it and it was a necklace and it had the infinite sign as its pendant. My mouth dropped open. It was beautiful. It had a little crystals in it. It was simple and most of all, elegant. It was so precious. I looked at him and he was just smiling.

"Doojoon. I --" He held my hand before I started talking. He got the necklace from me, stood up and bended over me and placed the necklace around. He went back to his seat again and held my hand again.

"Ems. I know you are a bit confused right now. This dinner, the necklace. This. I don't know if you'll believe me but I really like you. You might be one of the snobbish and awkward girls in class. Maybe even in school but Emma, I don't know how to put it into words. It's just not enough. I'm starting to fall for you." 

I was ready to melt the moment he said those words. Tears started to build up and I can't help but to smile as well. For some reasons, in just a short period of time, this guy changed how I look at life now. I was a miserable soul back then, trying to understand some things and when I met him, everything was just different now. He brought back the joy that I was searching for.

"Doojoon, stand up." I said. He had this curious stare at me. I stood up as well. I looked right into his eyes. I can see he was a bit nervous why did I make him stand up. But I just can't stand this distance anymore.

I hugged him tight. So tight that I didn't want to let him go.

"I like you. I like you so much. I love you!" I whispered in his ear.

"What? What did you say?"

"I love you." I whispered. He let go of me for a while and looked at me.

"What Emma? I LOVE YOU?" He shouted.

"Hey, they might hear us!" I slapped his back.

"Just shout it like what I did! For once! I want to hear it!" He shaked my arm. I gave him a smirk.

"Fine. I LOVE YOU YOON DOOJOON!" HAPPY NOWWWWWW?" I shouted.

We both laughed and hugged each other. We looked at each other's eyes. Our faces were just inches apart. His face was starting to lean into me. I just closed my eyes, grasping every second of it like it was the last. And there it was, his soft lips kissed mine. It was just perfect. After years of misery, I finally found happiness. 

 

*shutters clicking and cameras flashing*

______________________________________________________________________

NOTE: HI GUYS! Sorry if I updated just now! I was at the countryside for the Holy Week and I decided to give myself a break from everything. Plus, I've been thru some personal problems and stuff so I didn't have the urge to write. So sorry! :( Comments? :>

AND OOH, WHY ARE THERE SHUTTERS CLICKING AND CAMERAS FLASHING? WAIT FOR CHAP. 7!