First Day Jawdrop

Hide the Idol

*phone rings*

"Nicole. Hmm." I mumbled.

"Yes? Any concern?" My way of saying hello.

"Bean!" She shouted.

"It's Emma. I preferred being called Emma."

"PMS days, honey? Whatever Bean. I'm your friend and everybody calls you Emma so I'll call you Bean."

I sighed. I can't stop this from calling me Bean. She has the right anyway.

"What is it? I'm on my way to school. No, actually. I'm on my way to our room." I said.

"Yeah, speaking of that, where's our room? I mean, what floor and number?" She asked.

"214." What a stern answer, Emma.

"Okay! Love you! See you in 10 minutes! MMMMWAH!" That MMMM sound made my ear hurt.

----------

I can't help to notice all those students who are outside their rooms, looking anxious and sweaty. They are fiddling their cellphones as if there's no tomorrow.

"That freshman feeling." I chuckled. I saw our room and took a peek in the tiny window in the door before I went in.

"Ah. George. Cali. Janice. Yam aaaaand ah, Steve." I said to myself. I entered the room and the girls hugged me way before I went halfway entering the room. I don't really mind them hugging me, it's just that I don't know how to respond.

"EMMMAAAA!" I was at the very middle of our group hug and as if their trying to squeeze all my body juices.

"OHHHH HIIII GUYYYYSSSS!" I can't help to hug them back! I miss them!

"What the hell, Emma! Summer lasted for 2 months and as if your parents thrown you into Sahara desert without any food and water! Did you even eat during summer?! Look at me! I've gotten fat!" Cali bobbled my body. I took a step back and assessed Cali's body.

"No no no, Cali! What the hell! Nothing changed! You're still slim and y! You are too conscious! Keep eating, okay?" I joked making her slap my .

"You hot dork." See. I don't see why they call me such.

--------

As time pass, my classmates kept coming in. My mates sat next to me and we talked about our summer experiences. Nicole took dancing lessons. Cali spent her whole summer learning Muay Thai. Janice went to Taiwan to visit her relatives and Yam had a summer job. And me, I took a short culinary course and played football on free time.

Everybody was shouting and talking. I guess everybody really missed each other so much.

--------

I was playing with my music mixer on my phone when everybody went silent and all that can be heard was the beats I was trying to mix. It made me stop and looked around. I looked at the back first then my left and right then I looked at the door. Everybody was staring at this handsome and godlike face leaning at the door.

He looked so restless as his eyes browse to the room. 

"Bean! Bean! There's a vacant seat next to you! Let him seat here!" Nicole, who sat beside me, shook my shoulders.

"What?! Why should I? Let him seat anywhere he wants to!" I whispered loudly to Nicole's ear.

"Silly! There are no seats left!" She said. I looked around if there are really no seats left. There's none left but mine beside me.

I stood up. Everybody looked at me which made me feel more uneasy to tell him.

I gulped deeply. "Uhh, you.. there's a.. seat." I pointed repeatedly at the seat next to me. He smiled and immediately went to the seat.

My classmates were still staring at me. Some had those oh-I-see-this-is-something look and Nicole and others smugged to me.

"So can I seat here?" I turned in front. It was the new guy. He had a smooth voice that can turn heads which apparently, made my head turn.

"Uh, yeah. Sure. Uhhh.." I smiled awkwardly. He smiled back. His smile was very charming and attractive. It made my jaw drop.

We sat down at the same time. My face was buried at the novel I was reading.

Why am I observing his facial actions?

"So uh. I'm Doojoon." He said.

"Huh?" I looked at him. That shocked me a bit. I didn't realize I was staring at him for 3 seconds already.

"Oh yeah. Doojoon. I see.." I mumbled.

"What's yours?" He leaned closer as his head is resting on his right palm.

-----------

NOTE: I decided to end it there 'cause I think it this chapter will go on forever if I continue it lulz. Let's just take it as a "cliffhanger" lol.