Piggyback's and Screams of Peril.

Still loving you~ Oneshot Request Shop

Oneshot requested by ispiritexoticbaby


I looked around at my friends nervously. "Oh, come on Sunmi." Someone said, but I wasn't paying enough attention to know who it was. 

See, I'm at Lotte World with a bunch of my guy friends. Twelve of them to be exact. We'd been here for about an hour and a half, going on roller coasters and different rides. It was absolutely awesome. 

That is, until the guys though going to a haunted house was a good idea. I've never been in a haunted house before because the dark just isn't my thing, and I'm having serious doubts about going in there.

"Sunmi? Are you alright?" Tao asked, waving a hand in front of my face and snapping me out of my frantic thoughts. "Yeah, I'm fine, sorry." I said casually, giving him a small smile which he returned skeptically, as if not fully buying my lie.

"Well," Chanyeol started, clapping his hands together. I think we should split up into two groups since there's so many of us. Kris, Tao, Baekhyun, Luhan, Sehun and Chen will come with me. Which means Xiumin, Suho, Yixing, Kyungsoo and Kai will go with Sunmi." He finished, smiling at all of us.

"Wait." Kai said, before anyone moved over to where their group was. "I say we make this a little more interesting." He added, this got everyone's attention. We were all silent, causing his mischievous grin to get even wider before he continued. "How about, whichever team can make it through the haunted house without anyone screaming once will each get piggybacked by a member of the losing team until it's time to go home. How about it?" He asked, wiggling his eyebrows.

At first, there was some hesitation, but after Kai questioned their manhood, they quickly accepted the bet. Chanyeol's group went first, quickly disappearing through the entrance. About ten minutes passed and we heard no one scream, then my phone buzzed indicating I got a message. It was from the happy virus himself, telling me that they made it out and it was our turn.

I let the other guys go first, walking far behind them. I already didn't like it and I'd barely gotten through the entrance.

Kris' P.O.V

We were waiting for the other team to come out of the haunted house. We'd already won, as we heard not-so-manly screaming coming from Kyungsoo as well as ear-splitting shrieks from Sunmi. About ten minutes had passed and we walked up to the losing team with wide grins on our faces. 

Sehun just barely climbed up onto Suho's back when I noticed something. Everyone was arguing over who would get a piggyback from who and no one heard me the first time I spoke. "GUYS!" I yelled over all of them.

They turned to look at me, surprised, but I ignored their reactions and continued. "Where is Sunmi?" I asked. Kai and Kyungsoo looked at each other, then back at the haunted house. "What the? She was right behind us in there. She was really freaked out. Omo, you don't think-" Kyungsoo started, but I was already gone.

Since you can't go back through the back way, I had to go all the way around and through the haunted house. Halfway through, I heard soft whimpering and sure enough, beside a smoke machine, was a terrified Sunmi. I walked over to where she was, startling her, and she yelped.

I bent down so I was at her level. "Sunmi, it's just me. There's nothing to be scared of." I assured her. She slowly lifted her head up and when she saw me, she practically lunged forward and wrapped her arms around me, letting out a loud sob.

I patted her back soothingly and pulled back a bit so I could look at her. She had tears streaming down her face and her makeup was smudged a bit.

"Pabo.  Next time, tell me you don't want to go into the haunted house and I'll stay out with you." I told her gently, wiping her tears away with my thumbs. She nodded slowly and clung to me again, causing me to smile like an idiot. Truth be told, I've had a crush on Sunmi for a long time. I'm just to scared to tell her.

Sunmi's P.O.V

Once I'd finally stopped crying, Kris helped me stand up. Even though it scares me, I'm thankful it was dark enough to hide my blush. Kris let go of my hand and turned, back facing me and bent down. "Get on," He said quietly. "Why..?" I asked.

"Because, if you're on my back you won't see all the scary stuff on our way out. We're only halfway through and I don't want you to get freaked out again." He said simply. I blushed at how considerate he was being and agreed. 

Awkwardly, I walked closer and climbed onto his back, wrapping my arms loosely around his shoulders and burying my face into his back. Kris slowly stood up and held onto my legs, walking forward. I kept my eyes shut tight the whole time because I didn't want to know what was going on. I could hear the 'monster' noises as we went through and flinched as I felt Kris step back when someone popped out at us.

Eventually, I felt warm air hitting my skin and opened my eyes to find us outside of the haunted house again. I lifted my head and brought it down again, this time resting it on Kris' shoulder. I suppose the guys decided to go elsewhere instead of wait because they were nowhere to be found.

"Those idiots," Kris mumbled, noticing their absence as well. "Oh well, looks like it's just us for a bit. What do you want to do?" He asked me.

I smiled widely at the thought of hanging out with just Kris, like a date. Did I forget to mention I have a seriously huge crush on him? Because I really do.

"I want...Ice cream!" I exclaimed, taking a second to decide. "Then ice cream is what we will get, let's go." He chirped. I giggled and nuzzled my head into his back, hoping he didn't notice it too much. 

We walked into the little ice cream shop and when it was my turn to pick out a flavor, I pulled myself up a bit and reached over Kris to point to one of the bins below.  I picked strawberry because it's my favorite flavor of all time, and Kris got the same.

When it actually came time to sit down with our ice creams, I pouted a bit. I liked holding onto Kris. Nonetheless, I hopped down and grabbed my ice cream from him, picking a random table and sitting down.

Kris came and sat across from me as I started eating. I looked up to find him chuckling. "What?" I asked. He chuckled some more before answering.   "You've got ice cream all over your face." He said. 

My eyes widened and I blushed out of embarrassment. I grabbed a napkin and began to wipe what were apparently, all the wrong places. "Here, let me do it." Kris offered, grabbing a napkin himself. He leaned over the table and wiped the corners of my mouth and the top of my lip. "There we go, all gone." 

I felt my cheeks heat up again and smiled, seconds later going back to my ice cream before it melted. We talked about random things as we ate and walked out of the shop when we were done. "Do you feel better now?" Kris asked.

I looked up at him and smiled. "I feel a lot better. Thanks for coming back to get me." I said quietly, giving him a hug before I could think better of it. He didn't pull back though, he pulled me closer to him instead. I blushed and he spoke. "You're welcome. I remembered that you didn't like the dark very much when the guys suggested we go to the park at night and play hide-and-seek." I giggled,  both at the memory and the way his chest rumbled against my cheek as he talked.

"Kris...Can I tell you something?" I asked quietly. "Sure," He replied. I took a deep breath.

"Um..Well, you see...uh. I like you, a lot." I said slowly. Kris pulled back a bit and looked at me. "Seriously?" I nodded slowly. Kris beamed at me. "Good. I...like you too, I just didn't know how to tell you, and I didn't want to get rejected." He said sheepishly.

"I guess we don't have to worry about that anymore, huh?" I teased. "Guess not." He said back with a cheeky smile.

And so, that's how it all started. It was an awkward confession, but I couldn't be happier I had the guts to do it. I was and am still dating the guy I've been crazy about for who knows how long, and I'm happy. We still go to Lotte World a lot, just never to the haunted houses. Kris and I made it our thing to go and get ice cream while we waited for the others.

We always got strawberry, just like that day and surprisingly, it never once got old.


Author's Note

Yay! I finally did it! I am SO sorry it took me forever to post this. I've been busy to the extreme with exams and projects, but now that's all taken care of so I'll be adding a new request every day to those who are still waiting for a one-shot! I won't be able to submit one this Friday because I've got my semi-formal(almost like prom?) and will be busy that entire day. Anyway, I hope it was worth the wait! :)