Clear Day, Cloudy Day

Still loving you~ Oneshot Request Shop

Oneshot requested by HaeKyung

Listen to this while reading! :)

 


Fight after fight, that's how my relationship with my boyfriend Joon has been for the past three years. We would fight over silly, trivial things. Our relationship has been rocky from the beginning but we still loved each other. Loved. As in past tense, there is nothing left for the two of us anymore. I don't hate him, I don't think I ever will; I'm just done with this fighting, I can't take it anymore.

"We've grown apart, Joonie. There's no way we can keep this going." I said sadly, playing with my thumbs. I looked up at Joon and he gave me a knowing look. "I know, I really don't want it to end but it's for the best." He said, looking away momentarily. Whether it's for the best or not, I knew he was really upset. I nodded slowly, and I felt my eyes start to water. Joon opened his arms for me and I hugged him tightly, the tears sliding down my face.

We held onto each other for a long time, the last time. But eventually, I let go and wiped my tears away. I put on my big girl pants and said goodbye to Lee Joon, walking away from the person I once loved so much. Now, there was simply nothing between us. No sparks, nothing. As I walked home, I thought back on the first time he asked me out.

*July 2010*

I was wiping down the tables, preparing for new customers as a familiar figure stepped through the doors. He was a frequent visitor  at the little coffee shop where I worked. He was extremely handsome as well, like extremely. I walked back to the counter and he came and stood on the opposite side not a moment later.

"The usual?" I asked cheerfully, looking up at him. He smiled brightly at me. "Omo, I'm touched. You remembered my order, aw." He said, letting out a dreamy sigh and placing a hand on his chest. I giggled. "That's because you're always here when I work," I said honestly, smiling like an idiot.

"Well that's because there's this really pretty girl that's always here to take my order, I can't help but keep coming because I want to see her all the time." I blinked a few times and blushed, biting my lip. "I-I'll make you your mocha now.." I said nervously, turning toward the coffee machine.

Oh great, Junhee. Falling for a random customer who's name you don't even know, good job. I quickly made the guy his drink and passed it to him. He grabbed it from my hand, making contact with mine briefly. "That'll be 3,500 won." I said shyly, gaining enough courage to actually look at him again. He handed me the money and turned to walk away, but turned back again. "Um, I'm Lee Joon by the way." He said with a small smile, holding out his free hand. 

"I'm Nam Junhee. It's nice to meet you." I said shyly, shaking his hand. "I hope you don't find me creepy for asking this, but when do you get off work?" I gaped at him. "U-um, about twenty minutes." I told him, looking back at the clock. "Do you think you'd maybe like to go on a date with me? I know it seems really sudden and you probably think I'm weird an-" He began, but I cut him off. "I'd love to."

I smiled to myself, walking into my apartment and going to my bedroom. There was a whole cork-board on one of the walls that was covered in pictures of Joon and I. I walked over to the board and looked at the pictures one by one. I chuckled as I ran my fingers over a photo from a couple of years ago.

*February 2011.*

"I don't care, Junhee. You're spending way too much time with that stupid guy and I don't want you to talk to him!" Joon said angrily, hand squeezing my wrist. Joon and I have been dating for around seven months now and he was fuming. Why? Because he's jealous of my coworker, Myungsoo.

"Yah! That hurts, you pabo!" I yelled, trying to slap away his grip. Realization showed on his face and he let me go. I took that as my opportunity to leave, blowing my bangs out of my face as I did so. "Junhee." He called.

I spun around and narrowed my eyes at him. "Do you really think I would just up and leave you for Myungsoo? First of all; he has a girlfriend, and second; the only reason why we've been talking ore than usual lately is because he's been having problems with said girlfriend and doesn't want to lose her! I can't believe you're jealous, Joon. You know how wonderful you are, right? I could care less about any other guy ever if I've got you by my side." I shouted at him. "Whatever happened to trusting me?" I added quietly.

I turned around and began walking away again. This time, Joon came after me and wrapped his arms around my waist. I stopped walking. "Junhee," He whispered. I ignored the butterflies in my stomach and the blush appearing on my cheeks and swallowed hard. "What." I said flatly, struggling to keep my voice steady.

"I'm sorry, Junhee. You were right and I'm an idiot." He replied after a while. I loosened myself out of his grip and turned to face him. "You really are an idiot." I said. Joon faked an offended look. "Well, Miss Sassypants.. I guess I just won't tell you." He countered.

Instantly, he got my attention. My interest was peaked. "Tell me what? I want to know~ You can't just hold out on me Joonie!!" I whined, stomping my feet. Joon stepped closer and took my face in his hands. "How am I supposed to keep it from you if you do that? You're really cute when you pout." He grumbled. I giggled and he gave my lips a quick peck.

"I was going to tell you I love you." He said quietly, then kissed me for real. I was in shock and didn't kiss back for a while. That was the first time Joon had ever told me that he was in love with me. My heart was beating like crazy and I was overcome with happiness. I wrapped my arms around his neck and kissed him back.

When he pulled away, I beamed at him. "I love you too, Joonie!" He smiled down at me and kissed my forehead. "Good." 

After that, we went back to his apartment and took a bunch of stupid pictures together.

 

I would never forget that night, it was probably my favorite memory out of mine and Joon's entire relationship. I remembered how worried I was that he didn't love me, and I was way too scared to tell him anything. I also didn't mention to him I also saught out advice from Myungsoo, rather than the other way around. Lucky for him, he was still going strong with his girlfriend. After that incident, I don't think they really ever fought with each other.

I wish I knew what that was like. Sure, Joon and I have a ton of good memories to look back on, but we also fought constantly. It only started getting really bad recently, when we started to drift apart from each other. I've been consistently feeling broken, as if it was raining inside my heart. Now, I felt as if the storm had finally let up, and I just had to wait for all of the puddles to dry.

I continued to look at the photo's on my board and stopped at one photo in particular. I beamed just looking at it. It was a photo of Joon's friends, Cheondung, Seungho, Mir, G.O, along with Joon and I; smiling like idiots alongside each other. My appearance in that photo made me laugh out loud.

*August, 2012*

"OH MY GOD THIS PLACE IS AWESOME!!!" Mir yelled as soon as we stepped through the entrance of Lotte World. He was jumping up and down with his hands balled in fists, looking like a five year old boy and drawing attention to us so I smacked him upside the head.

"Ow, noona~ that hurt!" He whined, rubbing he back of his head. I smiled mischievously and grabbed onto Joon's hand and humming to myself. Everyone was laughing at my behavior except for Mir, who pouted.

Once the haunted houses came into view however, he was back to his perky self and gestured at us to go to the one closest to us. Seungho looked wary but we dragged him along regardless. "Come on, you big baby. We can do this no problem!" I told him, patting his back reassuringly. 

We all walked into the haunted house and cliché as ever, people dressed in 'scary' costumes jumped out at random moments, attempting to scare the crap out of us. Seungho and G.O were clinging to each other as if their lives depended on it and were screaming like girls. I just walked through, holding onto Joon's hand and giggling at the corny decor of the place. 

The second the exit was in view, G.O and Seungho took off faster than Sonic the Hedgehog. When we got out, Mir high-fived Joon, Cheondung and I, laughing at the other two's dramatic reactions. We caught up with them eventually and continued walking.

Once we got closer to the roller coasters however, my blood went cold. Standing by a tree was a tall, thin, and repulsive-looking clown that was handing balloons to little kids. I was instantly reminded of that movie "It" just like any other time I see a clown. Normally, I like scary movies but that one seriously got to me.

As the clown saw us walking closer, he smiled widely. "How about a balloon animal for the pretty girl?" He asked with a stupid chuckle. I screamed and ran the opposite direction, letting go of Joon's hand and cowering beside a garbage can I made sure not to stick too close to. I was shaking and crying by this point, holding my head in my hands. Clowns were my biggest and one of few fears I had.

I never told anyone how afraid I was of them, especially not Joon, so that's why we just kept walking closer and closer to him. Shortly after I'd reached my safe haven, the boys came running up to me. "Junhee, are you okay? Why didn't you tell me you were afraid of clowns?" Joon asked, chuckling.

I frowned and stood up, stepping closer to him, hitting him repeatedly on the chest. "Don't laugh you pabo! Those things are really scary!!" I yelled. Joon easily caught my fists, bringing them back down to my sides. 

"I'm sorry, Junhee. I didn't know you were afraid, and I'm sorry for laughing at your fear." He said gently, wiping the tears out of my eyes. I gave him a small smile and nodded. "It's okay, I didn't tell you because I didn't want you to think I was a baby." Joon smiled and wrapped his arms around me.

"We should take a picture!" Mir shouted, already taking out his camera. Once we agreed, he handed it to a girl and asked her to take the photo for us. We all smiled brightly, holding our fingers up in a peace sign as the flash went off.

 

In the photo my eyes were all puffy and my makeup was smudged, but it had still been a great day. I walked over to my bed and laid down, looking at the teddy bear I'd gotten from Joon for Valentine's day back in 2011 and smiled, drifting off to sleep.

*A little over a year later, April 2014*

I walked down the street, twirling my umbrella as it shielded me from the rain. I stopped after a while and looked up at the cloudy sky. I haven't seen Joon since about a month or two after we broke up last year. Again, I let my mind drift off with thoughts of him. I wondered where he was.

From what I've heard, Joon was still living in Seoul but since it's such a big city and I'd moved to the other side of it, I never saw him. The rain began hitting my face, but I didn't mind.

My heart was finally clear, I was at peace with Joon. There were only memories between us to look back on, even then I think it's okay. I have a feeling that Joon and I won't ever meet again. That too, was perfectly okay. 

This rainy night didn't bug me all that much, I've grown to quite like it in fact. 

What about you, Joon? What's the weather like for you? Is it still raining inside of your heart?

I let out a sigh and continued walking again.

For some reason, it feels like it will be a clear day tomorrow.


Author's Note

Ta-da! I am SO sorry for the long wait, HaeKyung omg. I really hope you like this one-shot! I feel bad because I didn't make it exactly like the song, I just thought it'd be better if I wrote it this way, it flowed better. To any other requesters that are reading this, the shop will be updated again next weekend! I'll do a couple requests throughout the week but they'll all be posted on the weekend, I hope you don't mind!