It's Always Been You.

Still loving you~ Oneshot Request Shop

"Yoboseyo?"

"Seokmi-ah, what are you doing?" The sweet voice of Seokmi's boyfriend, Zico, cooed. Seokmi smiled. "I'm getting my bag, I'll be right over." She told him, heading over to the gym where the guys' dance team was practicing.

"Zico!" Seokmi called from the doorway as soon as she caught sight of her boyfriend. He turned around at the sound of her voice and they locked eyes. 

Seokmi felt her stomach do a little flip as it always did when she saw him.

Zico looked at his girlfriend and smiled as she walked over to him. "Hey cutie." He said once she reached him, wrapping her in a tight hug and felt himself blush.

"You're all sweaty," Seokmi said, pulling away. "That's 'cause I've been dancing, silly. Wanna smell?" He teased, raising his arm. "Oh my god, you're so gross!" She shrieked, giggling like crazy.

Ravi watched the couple joking around with each other and laughing like total idiots. His stomach dropped and a wave of jealousy washed over him.

Zico was on the dance team with Ravi, and every time they had practice he'd see Zico's girlfriend Seokmi come rushing in at the end. They were the school's it couple. Everyone knew about their relationship and everyone loved seeing them together and always wished them the best.

For a little while, Ravi was one of those people. Somewhere along the lines though, he fell hard for Seokmi without even realizing it. He didn't want to like her because Zico was a great guy and totally deserved to be with her but he couldn't stop his feelings.

I need to just get this over with and confess.

---

"So who wants to be on classroom duty today?" Mr.Lee asked. As usual, Seokmi raised her hand. She usually volunteered to do classroom duty because she liked going home with Ravi after dance club practice and today was no different. "Thank you, Seokmi. What about from the guys side? None of you ever volunteer and Seokmi ends up doing the work on her own."

Ravi looked up from his book and raised his hand. "Ravi? You of all people want to do classroom duty, well that's new." Mr.Lee commented. A couple guys laughed and Seokmi looked over at him. Why would the school's kingka bother with classroom duty? She asked herself.

"Thanks for staying back again, Seokmi." Mr.Lee called out before he left the room. "No problem, sir!" Seokmi said cheerfully, waving her teacher off. "You too Ravi, thanks for volunteering." Ravi gave him a small nod and with that, Mr.Lee was out the door.

Most of their time spent on duty was quiet. The two talked a little, but eventually it would always grow quiet. It wasn't the comfortable silence Seokmi felt with Zico though, it was just awkward. "..Is there something on your mind?" She mustered up the courage to ask Ravi.

He looked at Seokmi from across the room as he stapled papers. I might as well just say it now. "Actually, yeah. Um Seokmi, can I tell you something?" He asked, walking closer to her.

Seokmi smiled at her classmate. "Of course! Go ahead," She prompted. Ravi blushed and looked down at his feet. "Well, you see Seokmi.. I know you're with Zico and everything and I know how much you care about him but I couldn't stop myself. I like you, Seokmi. I really, really like you."

What?! Zico said to himself as he peeked into the classroom window. The walls were thin so it was easy to hear what was going on. He'd just been walking down the hall to get a drink and he stumbled upon the school kingka confessing to his girlfriend.

"Ravi..." Seokmi started. Before she could get the rest of her sentence out, Ravi cut her off. "You don't have to give me an answer yet. I know this is sudden and extremely selfish but do you think you could think about it? I just want a fair chance." Zico swallowed a lump in his throat and waited for Seokmi's response.

Please say no, he thought.

"...I guess I could do that." She said quietly. Zico's heart sank. How the hell am I supposed to compete with the school's kingka? He wondered to himself. Upon hearing the sound of shuffling footsteps, he quickly ran down the hall and back to practice.

Having finished their classroom duties early, Seokmi and Ravi headed their seperate ways. After having missed majority of dance practice, Ravi went home and Seokmi went over to her locker and then to the gym to wait for Zico's dance practice to be done.

--

"So, how was your day?" Zico asked Seokmi as they walked home, hand in hand. She was quiet for a little while before answering. "Same old same old, nothing all that interesting happened." 

Seokmi bit her lip. I'm just better off not telling him. I don't want him to get mad at me, she repeated over and over again to herself.

"Oh really? I heard our school's kingka did classroom duties today, he wasn't at practice." Zico replied cooly. Inside however, he was nervous. Why is she hiding this from me? 

"Yeah, he even volunteered. It was kind of weird." Seokmi mumbled. Don't say anything, don't say anything, don't say anything.

Thankfully, Zico and Seokmi had reached their houses and it was time to part ways. The two have lived next door to each other since Seokmi moved to Busan from Seoul.  "..I'll bet it was. Anyway, I'd better go in. Kyung wants me to hang out with him in a little bit. I'll see you tomorrow, okay?" Zico said.

"Okay, see you tomorrow!" Seokmi said as she gave Zico a tight squeeze.

She tried to ignore the fact that he didn't hug her back as she ran up the stairs and walked through her front door.

--

"Oh. Okay, thanks Ji Seok." Seokmi mumbled. Moments ago, she walked over to Zico's house so they could head to school together, but instead was greeteed by his older brother and told that he'd left early this morning. "No problem, see you later Seokmi!" He called out as she made her way to the sidewalk. She gave him a short wave before she was on her way.

--

Zico felt bad for ignoring Seokmi all week, but he was jealous and upset. How could she say she would think about being with Ravi? They don't have the same homeroom this year so avoiding Seokmi was easy for Zico. He left for school early in the morning and went straight home after dance club practice, making sure to choose the longest route possible.

His bedroom window is directly across from Seokmi's bedroom window and they almost always leave the curtains open, but Zico left his closed all week. He was now avoiding his older brother as well, because he wouldn't stop bugging Zico to talk to her.

It was lunchtime and Zico just didn't feel like hanging around his friends, so decided to go to the roof to think for a bit. Not knowing how Seokmi responded to Ravi freaked him out. Who knows, he thought, maybe she said yes since I've been avoiding her.

As soon as that thought entered his mind he smacked himself on the head. He could always just ask Seokmi, but he knew that by this point she'd be either extremely hurt or really pissed off with him. Which made him angry he'd even ignored her in the first place. Zico really can't go long without Seokmi. It's only been seven days and he missed her like crazy, all of this was because of his stupidity.

Zico's thoughts were interrupted in that instant though, because as soon as he opened the door to the rooftop of the school, he heard loud sobbing. It took him a little while to find the source of the noise, but as he rounded a corner he found Seokmi seated against the wall with her head resting on her knees. , he thought.

Seokmi just couldn't take it anymore. She had no idea what she'd done wrong to make Zico ignore her all week but whatever it was, it must have been bad. These past few days she had been coming up to the rooftop to eat her lunch because she was to afraid to let her friends know what was happening, because if she did they would go find Zico and yell at him and she didn't want to create a big problem.

Today, her emotions had finally caught up with her and she began to cry. Her self-pity party ended when she heard a sigh followed by, "Seokmi-ah, I'm sorry". She knew who it was already, but still lifted her face from her knees and looked up to the owner of the sweet voice. Zico.

Seokmi frowned and stood up, wiping the tears from her face. "What makes you think I'm upset because of you?" She grumbled, her eyes now making contact with the ground as opposed to her boyfriend's face. "Well, were you upset because of me?" He asked. Seokmi nodded.

"How am I not supposed to be upset with you?! You ignored and avoided me for a week straight with no explanation. What did I do that was so wrong? I don't get it!" She yelled, now making direct eye contact. There were hot tears beginning to make their way down her face once again.

"I heard you talking to Ravi that day he had class duty with you. I heard him confess and when you agreed to considering his confession, I got really upset and I dealt with my feelings the wrong way. I-I shouldn't have ignored you, but.." Zico said quietly, trailing off.

"You what?" Seokmi asked, her voice filling with guilt. "When you didn't tell me that day I thought you were actually going to accept his confession because you were getting bored of being with me." He finished.

"Zico, I should be the one saying sorry! I should have told you, I just didn't want you to get mad but I ended up making everything worse. I turned Ravi down the very next morning. I just thought he might take it better if he thinks that I thought about it but I didn't. I swear. It's always been you, Woo Ji Ho." Seokmi gushed, wrapping Zico up in a tight hug.

He grinned like an idiot and gave Seokmi a squeeze before pulling back and planting a kiss on her forhead. "Just never pretend to think about another boy ever again, okay?"

"Okay."

 

Author's Note

Syafiera, I'm so sorry this took like a zillion years to be written. I've had a lot going on.

wrote about it in a blog post if you're curious as to where I've been. I just don't feel like re-writing it all :3

I really hope you like it and I'm sorry it's so long! >_<