Hot Taxi Driver

Three Hearts, One Love ~HIATUS~

 

 September 4 2009----- 4 Days Left

I opened my eyes perfectly at ease and energetic. I remembered everything and, I sat up with a jolt. I had 4 days to do the whole thing. I wasn’t sure it was sufficient. The jetlag made me sleep through one day already. I was now ready to climb mountains.

I fought myself to get out of bed and wore a comfortable but fashionable outfit.

The Outifit : (Just found out I could insert pictures! Awesome! :D)

 Asymmetrical Knit Cape Top

I seized my purse and made my way out of the hotel. I wasn’t certain where to start but I determined to go to the JYP building first.

I waved my hand for a cab and one stopped. I opened the door and before I got in I asked the Korean driver if he speaks English.

“Mwo?” asked the driver. I was about to grab my “Handy Korean” paper which I wrote for moments like this but I decided not to.

I said one word which I already knew, “Mianhe.” I closed the door and sauntered back into the hotel.

“Do you know where I can find taxis with an English speaking driver?” I asked a man behind the counter.

“Yes, I’ll get one for you.”

I waited for 5 minutes and the man told me my taxi had arrived.

I opened the door and sat at the back.

“Take me to the JYP building, please.” I said, determined.

“Yes.” I looked at the driver. He was really good-looking. I could see him as a model or something definitely not a taxi driver. He looked like he was in university.

The building was only 20 minutes away from my hotel. It was closer than I had anticipated which is good.

I walked in and right up to a woman that was behind a counter. ‘I’ve been meeting a lot of people behind counters these days’ I thought. I held my laugh and asked her if I could meet Jaebeom.

She smiled nicely, but in a way that said ‘you’re just another one’.

“Sorry, you… uhhhh… stop.” I then remembered that I was in Korea.

I tried to explain myself but I knew it wouldn’t work, I ran out and grabbed the taxi driver and dragged him inside.

“Tell her that I need to meet Jaebeom urgently.” I waited for him to work his Korean enchantment. She looked at him and smiled sweetly. I bet she was imagining some dirty thoughts about my hot taxi driver. She replied quickly without even thinking.

Wow this driver is pro. He looked at me and said, “She said you can’t. Fans can’t meet them. Jaebeom is currently busy.”

My hope vanished. This driver is definitely not a professional at sweet talking.

“Tell her that this is important. If I don’t meet him his career is over. Does she want to be blamed for this?”

He looked at me sympathetically as if I was a fraught fan but he still turned around and spoke to her in Korean.

She smiled towards me when he was done speaking; another one of those ‘you’re just another one’, and replied to him.

He looked at me with a hint of loss. “She said that she hears that one about 5 times a day. You can’t meet him.” I looked down, speculating what to do next.

“But she said that this is a very unique excuse. She hears ‘He wants to see me’ about 250 times a day and ‘He loves me’ 670 times a day.”

I forced a smile. I knew that he was only trying to make me feel better.

“I’ll pay you for the whole day. Can you stick with me and translate?” I asked hopeful again. If I had a translator I could work 4 times faster and he was a taxi driver. So that’s about 7 times faster.

I knew I had enough money to pay him and stay for the rest few days. Well my family is pretty loaded and my bank account is full with money. I just have to ask my brother to send me more whenever I need. The amount I came with is $10 000.

He thought about it and then looked up at me and nodded. I grinned and jumped up and down.

“Tell her we’ll be back,” I said; now I was even more determined to get this done.

 I walked out towards the exit and he explained and followed me promptly. I was starting to like my new companion. I had nothing to do so I decided to go eat.

We went to a good restaurant he recommended and he ordered the food.

His name was Lee Joon. He was 22 years old. He decided to work as a taxi driver temporarily so that he could save enough money to study abroad. That’s why he knew how to speak English. He’s been studying it for years.

“Call me if you come to America. I’ll help you around just like you are now.”

He nodded and grinned happily. “I will.”

I gave him all my phone numbers in America; even Jake’s and Amany’s. It was a weird thing to do for a random stranger but I felt really comfortable around him.

After we finished eating the scrumptious food, I paid (of course, since I invited him) and we went back to sit in the taxi.

I sat in the front this time. I threw everything my mom had educated me about strangers and not trusting anyone out of the window and acted like Joon was a long-lost friend. That’s how it felt at least.

I faintly told him what I was here to do, leaving out the going back in time part. So now, Joon thought that I came here as Taecyeon’s ex-girlfriend (which he did not believe at first, until I called Taecyeon from his phone and hung up). He also thought that the only way me and Taecyeon could get back together was if I talked to Jaebeom. Supposedly, Jaebeom and I also had a close connection and I was now stalking him down so that we could talk. Okay, maybe I did not really tell him what I came here to do. But its close, I have to stalk down Jaebeom and talk to him. They both have the same conclusion; I’m not entirely lying.

“I have an idea!” yelled Joon happy.

“What?” I asked skeptical.

“We can find out Jaebeom’s schedule by finding out by a fan club. They always know where they are.”

I hugged Joon for this awesome idea and we rolled.

He stopped at a café and we walked in and booked a computer for an hour.

He searched up one of the most well-known Korean fan sites (which I could not understand) and looked through pages and pages of what looked like gibberish to me. These are the times where I wish I had learned Korean the right way and not learning a few words from dramas.

“Okay, 2PM are now filming for a CF near downtown.” After paying for the computer we dashed out and found the CF filming location. There were many fans already in attendance and they were all not allowed on the inside. They stayed outside and cheered their ‘boys’ on.

We tried to get in but a bodyguard stopped us; he was huge, if I may add. We stepped back utterly afraid and joined the screaming fans.

“Some of them are saying that 2PM will leave from here so you can see them for a while.” He alleged as he pointed to the grey doors.

~~~~~~~~~

“My feet hurt,” I whimpered. It has been at least 2 hours and no 2PM was seen.

Just then, the fans went wild. I tip-toed to see and the grey doors really did open.

All the fans were screaming out stuff in Korean and I waited for Jaebeom to be close enough and I yelled in English. I was the only one screaming in English which would evidently get his awareness.

“Jaebeom, I need to talk to you!” I tried when he was in ear-shot.

He beamed at me although he kept walking. I followed him but stayed behind the bars between us.

“Please!” He was now at least 3 meters away and there was no way I would be able to meet him again. Just then I got an idea.

“Tony sent me! He really needs you right now!” I yelled. This was my last trick.

He stopped in his spot but his back was still turned to me.

“He was telling me how you only have one car and how you have one laptop which was given to you by a fan and-“ Jaebeom turned around.

I had read those in a letter Tony had written to the Korean fans when Jaebeom was kicked out.

I was sure this was information that at this moment was not revealed. To him it almost certainly looked like I really knew Tony.

Everyone in 2PM had stopped walking at this point and they were all gaping at me. The fans were going crazy behind me but gratefully Joon was standing right behind me shielding me from rampant fans.

Jaebeom walked all the way up to me and whispered, “We need to talk.”

=========================================================================

Hope you liked this one! Comment and Subscribe! :)

=========================================================================