7 - His back.

We Meet Again; Sequel of Don't Say Goodbye

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dx-uCV073q8 DBSK - Why did I fall in love?


It's been months now since the shopping day with Haeri and Suho, and Lay could see that Minkyung is being bothered, he tried to ask the girl but all he can get is, 'I'm fine, just thinking'.

But Lay can't stand it anymore, he is too worried and he swear he can die right now if he continue to see Minkyung being uneasy as if every move she do is being watched.

Lay, follow Minkyung towards the hallway, it's anice sunny day and Lay and Minkyung as per usual is at the office, Lay was on his way towarsd the washroom when he saw Minkyung with her phone clasp on her hand while walking fast pace.

Intrigued, he follow behind making sure Minkyung didn't notice him, the girl turn left then to the fire exit.

Lay tilt his head but followed, he opened the fire exit door and look around the room, he then notice Minkyung standing in one of the pillar, her phone on her left ear while her right hand is curled into a ball.

Lay walk slowly to try and listen to the conversation. 

"St-stop ca-calling m-me.." Minkyung stutter.

"Why? Don't you miss your dad? You .!" Her step-dad talk back, anger is audible on his voice.

Minkyung flinch to the voice, this is the ninth time her step-dad called her, threatening and black mailing her, but she didn't budge, Lay's voice always echoing on her mind;

"No one can hurt you as long as I'm with you"

She trust Lay's words, but she can't help to worry, after all, she knows her step dad, the guy will do everything just to have her dead. 

"I-I'm n-not afraid ." Minkyung stated.

There was a chuckle then the guy immediately turn serious, "Don't be too ease, you know I can kill you right now." her step dad threaten.

Minkyung bit his tongue, "wh-what el-else do you want? I did-n't tell on you, I-I ke-keep my mouth shut, what el-else do you want?" 

Yes, it hurts for Minkyung to not say anything to the police, to report the death of her mom and sibling, but she chose not too, because she knows if she does, not only her that will pay, but also Lay....Lay....Lay....

"Money....I need money." 

Minkyung widen her eyes, "I-I don't have a mo-money." 

"LIAR.! You're the fiance of ZHang's coorporation heir and you're telling me you don't have anything?" 

Minkyung was about to answer when her step-dad cut her off, "$10 million, Sunday, 9:00 pm, on that field, be there with the money, or else, you have to say goodbye to your groom to be." Her step-dad said before ending the call, leaving Minkyung shock and flustered. 

Too shock, the phone on her hand fall in the ground, shattered into pieces. Where could she possibly get that amount of money? Lay? No the boy already did much..But where? 

Lay watched as Minkyung frozen, from his place the only thing he heard was, 'I don't have money'. 

He watched as Minkyung dropped her phone, not soon after the girl collapsed as well.

Lay was startled, he immediately ran towards Minkyung and lift the girl bridal style, Minkyung felt her body being lift, she open her eyes and saw Lay's face full of anxiety and panic, "O-oppa.." she whispered.

Lay stop walking, still on the basement. "Min, are you okay, just hold on, I'll get you to the nurse." 

Minkyung's tears slowly fall, She can't lie to herself anymore, At first, she was sure that her heart is calling for Suho, for Suho who she loved. 

But after thinking back, on how Lay took care of her, without any conditions, she felt her heart crumpled.

The first week when they get back to Seoul, when Lay propose to her, she felt her heart beat grew fast, she thought it was because she saw Suho with Haeri, but when she hangs out with the couple, she started to question herself.

'Don't worry I got your back' 

Lay, his always ready to back up Minkyung, even though he already know what she feels.

At that time, when she saw Haeri holding Suho's arms, she prepared herself to be hurt, and yes, she felt her heart being pinch, but that was when Lay wrapped her arms around her waist and whispered sweet words to calm her down. 

But that doesn't made her realize what she is feeling now, the thing that made her figure her heart was the first call she got from her step-dad.

It was Monday night, and that means Lay will be staying extra hours at the office, it was passed 9 when she heard her phone ring.

Smiling that she thought it was LAy, she grin and answer the call, "Hello op--"

"Still jumpy?" the man said.

Minkyung felt her body numb.

"It's been a while, and I see you're doing fine, yet, I'm still not quite sure if you'll keep your mouth shut, so how about a little treat?" The man laugh.

Minkyung's eyes widen as she heard outside the car pulling in front their drive way, but her eyes widen more when she heard the same sound at the other line.

"Black BMW, plate number EXO 408, a man getting off with black sweater and white jeans..." the man sing song in a scary way, Minkyung immediately peek out their window, as she recognize the plate number.

And sure, there he was, Lay, on her black sweater and white jeans, that just got off her Black BMW.

"My hand is getting itchy I might pull the trigger now sweetie.." The man continue to sing song making Minkyung's eyes wide.

She immediately hang up the phone and ran outside to give Lay a hug, hug to make sure that if the man decided to shoot, her body will be getting the bullet.

Lay keeps his pace still holding at Minkyung when the girl stop him, "Oppa, let me down...please" 

Lay hesitate but seeing Minkyung's pleading eyes he give up.Once the girl was on the ground, 

Lay grab her arms and ask, "Are you okay?" 

And that does it, Minkyung wrap her arms around Lay's waist and cry on his chest, she can't lie anymore, she don't want to lie anymore.

"I don't want you to go..I need you, I want you here, I ....... love...you." Minkyung nuzzle on Lay's chest still sobbing.

Lay was taken a back, Minkyung...love him? No, it's not right...Minkyung suppose to love Suho, that's why they are pretending to be engage right..?

"Minkyung...You don't have too--"

"Oppa, I love you...I really do....please--please stay here, don't let go, please don't disappear in my sight, please.." Minkyung plead her voice cracking in every word she said, tightening her hold on Lay's waist, she don't want to let go, she was afraid that is she does, her step dad might pop out and shot Lay..Lay...

Lay didn't know what to do. He should be happy that finally the girl love her...but something in her mind and heart stops him, something is wrong...and his sure that it's something to do with the person Minkyung was talking.

With a sigh, Lay caress Minkyung's hair, "Shh, stop crying, Oppa will not go anywhere, but promise me you won't go anywhere as well.." Lay ask kissing Minkyung's crown.

It took Minkyung a seconds before nodding her head.

She rested her head on Lay's chest, Yes, this guy, was the one who made her forget everything, She was sure Suho was her soulmate, but she knows that Lay is the one who's destined for her, and Haeri is the one destined for Suho. 

Moments later, Lay broke the hug, brushing some bangs off Minkyung's hair, she look down to the girl, "Now, tell me why you drop your phone and collapsed?"
Then, Minkyung felt her heart stopped;

"Sunday, 9:00pm on the field." 

Minkyung grew numb once again, Sunday is two days away, and she doesn't have the money, sure she does saved up, but it's nothing to the amount her step dad ask.

"Min....please tell me.." Lay reach to take Minkyung's hand.

"Oppa.......Sunday...would you stay in your dad's house and d-don't w-wait for me?" Minkyung ask, tears streaming down her face.

Lay was taken a back, she said she loves Lay, yet she's talking as if she's going somewhere..

"Min.." Lay reach over to wipe her tears with his free hand.

Thinking that the girl decided to go back to Suho, Lay felt his inside broke.

Minkyung pull Lay in a hug again, Sunday...she'll be facing her nightmaire.

 

Sunday Morning

Haeri call Minkyung, and since Minkyung knows she'll be facing her nighmaire tonight she decided to accompany the girl.

"Unnie, look at this.! Do you think Suho oppa will like this?" Haeri ask checking out a wrist watch.

After walking around, Haeri notice how down her unnie is, tugging the girl at the bench, she decided to jmp in, "Unnie, I know we just started being friends, but you can tell me if something's wrong..I'll try to help.." Haeri said holding Minkyung's hand.

Minkyung sigh, she look at the girland give a quick smile, "Haeri-ah, can you promise me something?" 

The girl who is confuseon the sudden mood nod her head, "Can you say sorry to Suho for me? Tell him, I really am thankful to evrything he did for me, to all the help and for accepting me, and tell him, I forgive him, And, also tell him that, I'll be happy to see you and him getting married, and tell him, that I know how much he loves you, and that he have to take care of you." Minkyung pause as she watch HAeri's face.

Haeri is confuse, super confuse, but she decided to stay silent, she can feel something is going on,"Un-unnie.."

"Also, can you give this to Lay?" Minkyung open her palm and revealed a wish bone necklace:

She bought it when Haeri was buying the wrist watch, the sales lady aprroach her when she was looking at the necklace, seeing how unique the design is, it reminds her of how unique Lay was. 

The sales lady that approach her started to explain, "Wishbone necklace, you know in thanks giving , the wishbone was broke by two person and it was said that the person's wish will come true? This necklace is just like that, make a wish and the that wish will come true." 

And with that, she decided to get the neckalce and made her wish , 'Be happy, Lay oppa..'

 

Haeri question Minkyung,"Unnie, why can't you just g ive it to him? I mean I don't mind, but you two lives together and--"

"Uh, you see, I have to go somewhere, and I really want Lay to have it sooner, so.." 

Haeri who can't do anything nods, and grab the necklace, "Okay, if you want too " Haeri smile hesitantly, there is seriously something wrong to Minkyung, she noted.

 

 

 


Hey Subbies.! I'm so so sorry for not updating ... And I know you are all sad now, but  I also wanna say that, this story is almost done..Don't freak out, this is actually a short story since a seque~ But I really hope you guys anticipate the ending......AND guess who will Minkyung end up......TO Suho that she loved first...or Lay that she learned to love? 

 

Okay now, Please keep COMMENTING and SUBSCRIBING.~

UPVOTES are appreciated.~ 

SOME LAY AND SUHO :

 

CHAO~~>