Chapter 17

Love You More

“Someone sent this to your old condo, the sender’s name reads ‘Lee Byunghun’. So… When can you come and collect it?” The security guard spoke on the other side of the phone to Ji Kyung.

When he finished his sentence, Ji Kyung squeezed her phone in her hands and held her breath. She wondered if she had heard it correctly, so she tried to confirm with the man once again in a doubtful voice, “I’m sorry, can you repeat the sender’s name again?”

“Lee-Byung-hun. Do you know him?”

The man repeated the name in a slower and clearer manner. Now, Ji Kyung was sure that she just heard a name she thought she would never hear again ever since the day he left. Her lips reacted faster than the rest of her body as they curled up into a smile. After a short pause to register everything that had just happened, she couldn’t contain her excitement and replied to the kind guard as quick as she could, “Y-yes! I will collect it this evening! Thanks for calling me about this.”

As soon as the call ended, she skipped herself to the living room where Myungsoo was to inform him about the news. Myungsoo’s eyebrows raised in confusion and shock, but a while later, he let out a chuckle.

“Guess we can save on the wedding bouquet now.”

That evening, they went back to their old condo to get the parcel. The moment the soon-to-be bride opened the box, she was totally mesmerized by the bouquet of blush pink roses and baby breaths (her favorites) laying inside. The fresh sweet scent of the beautiful, elegant flowers filled her nose and Myungsoo could see a very satisfied grin plastered on her face. He couldn’t help but catch the happiness from her and smiled unknowingly.

“Thank you.” Myungsoo found himself mumbling the two words under his breath, secretly hoping that Byunghun could still hear him wherever he was now.

---

“Oh gosh, it’s already so late! Let’s hurry!” Luna paced around the room in anxious footsteps, picking up Ji Kyung’s belongings and ushering the bride to quicken her pace. The makeup artist did a finishing touch on her face hastily and moments later, Ji Kyung was all set for the wedding ceremony. Luna spent a good minute scanning Ji Kyung from head to toe, admiring how beautiful her friend looked and gave her an assuring nod with a thumbs up.

The girls hurriedly wrapped up everything in the room, but just before they leave, a head poked itself into the room to reveal a familiar male’s face. It was Luna’s boyfriend, smiling cheekily at Luna and said, “Ready to leave?” However, before Luna could reply, he looked at Ji Kyung and went ‘wow’ with his mouth slightly agape.

The girls giggled at his reaction, and Luna wasted no time to snap him back to reality, “Yes, we’re ready, Jinki-sshi. And stop looking at my friend like that.” She playfully turned his head away from Ji Kyung, but he looked back again and flash her the same thumbs up as what Luna just did. Ji Kyung chuckled and shook her head in disbelief on how the dorky couple could be so similar in their actions.

I knew you would look gorgeous.

When she picked up the bouquet Byunghun had prepared for her and was halfway out the room, she thought she heard his voice again so she halted her steps to look around her surroundings to catch sight of him. However, there was no sign of Byunghun, so a slight frown found its way to the bride’s face, but she quickly replaced it with a bright smile and didn’t let that affect her big day.

---

The wedding bells chimed merrily in the church as the bride enters the hall. The young flower girl, Mirim, scattered the flower petals on the floor clumsily and nervously, earning a few chuckles from the audience as well as the bride walking from behind. When Mirim looked back at Ji Kyung with an apologetic smile, the older girl quickly reassured her that it was okay and she should just relax, so little Mirim turned the smile on her face into a joyful one and continued on the short journey to the altar in her new found confidence.

Ji Kyung walked slowly in her father's hand, and now it was her turn to get nervous as they close the distance to the altar. She saw Myungsoo standing there along with Jinki and Luna, and she noticed that Myungsoo had been staring at her with a sweet smile casted over his face. She felt her cheeks burn out of embarrassment, and when her father handed her to Myungsoo, her heart began to race upon taking her partner's hand.

Standing here in a wedding dress, exchanging vows in front of their family members and to be officially married to her significant other used to be a faraway dream to her, and she really didn't expect that this day would arrive so soon. Time flies, she thought. She carefully stole a glance at Myungsoo as the priest spoke away, and even though Myungsoo didn't look at her, he squeezed their intertwined hands as if to tell her to calm down. Ji Kyung definitely appreciated his subtle gesture, as now her heart seemed to magically slower down and beat in a much comfortable pace.

When the couple exchanged their vows and rings, Ji Kyung thought about their relationship, the hardships they've been through, the struggles to confirm their feelings for each other and every little memory of them flashed before her eyes. She caught Myungsoo gazing at her lovingly once more, but this time, she gazed back with her brightest smile ever and concluded that this was the right choice after all. This was her destiny all along, from losing Byunghun to meeting Myungsoo, falling in love with the latter and marrying him. Byunghun was a journey, and now she can safely say that Myungsoo is her destination. And she was okay with how everything turned out.

Because she truly loved Myungsoo after all.

Under the witness of their family and friends, the couple shared a loving kiss and enjoyed the magical moment of the wedding ceremony to their heart's content. When their lips parted ways shortly after, Ji Kyung grinned at her now husband and mouthed the four words which expresses her raw, honest feelings.

"I love you more."

---

“It’s almost 7p.m. We can go in soon.” After greeting his group of friends, Myungsoo walked over to Ji Kyung and whispered in her ears. She nodded and continued to smile at the guests that had just arrived for their wedding reception.

Just before they conclude the greetings, the couple saw two familiar figures walking anxiously to enter the hall. Ji Kyung’s lips were naturally curved upwards as she went over to welcome the middle-aged couple. Myungsoo followed suit and bowed politely. They were Byunghun’s parents. His mother took Ji Kyung’s hands tenderly in hers and chuckled.

“Congratulations, dear. You look very beautiful today.”

“Thank you.” Her smile grew bigger as she replies the elder woman. She turned to Byunghun’s father and nodded at him as greeting. He nodded back and patted Myungsoo’s shoulder, before commenting playfully, “You better take care of her well, or you’ll be in trouble because Ji Kyung is like our daughter too.”

The four of them laughed and Myungsoo pretended to be scared with both his hands up in front of his chest to admit defeat cheekily. “I surely wouldn’t want to get smacked so I’ll do my job well.” And they broke into a merry laughter once again.

---

When the couple could finally take a breather and enjoy their dinner, Ji Kyung suddenly felt herself getting dizzy. She slowly massaged her temples to ease the headache, but it only grew worse. She immediately nudged Myungsoo beside, and whispered to him about her condition. Myungsoo’s face turned solemn and concerned in a second, and he asked if she needed any medicines but she shook her head. At that time, the host offered the stage to the family members for a few words to the couple, but Ji Kyung’s condition did not show improvements and Myungsoo was getting increasingly worried.

The moment the bride’s father stood up, she gave in to the headache and her vision blurred into darkness. She almost fell off her chair but Myungsoo managed to catch her in his arms just in time. Nevertheless, the sound of the fall caught everyone by surprise and there was a moment of silence in the hall. The host quickly got a hold of the situation and reacted profesionally by announcing to the people in the hall that the dinner had to be halted, regretfully. The groom began to panic and felt lost when other guests started standing up to check what was going on, so he looked at his parents helplessly while having his girl in his arms, completely unconscious. The direct family members of the bride and groom quickly assured that they will help to wrap up the dinner, told the lad not to worry and ushered him to bring his girl to the nearest hospital as soon as possible. The anxious groom left hurriedly with Ji Kyung on his back, and on his way out, he did not forget to thank their parents multiple times for helping to handle the situation at the banquet hall.

Upon reaching the hospital, Ji Kyung was taken in without delay by the available medical personnel and Myungsoo was just so grateful for their swift actions. Seeing her in the professionals' hands, he could finally let out a relief breath and decided to proceed to the counter to facilitate the registration process.

When he was done and Ji Kyung was placed in the common room, he talked to the doctor to understand what had just happened, only to be taken aback by a sudden news. His eyes became widened, his mouth was ajar and his heart started to race. Apparently, the doctor had just announced that his wife was pregnant. Everything was almost unbelievable for him, so he carefully pinched his hand to see if it's real, to check if he's dreaming. The moment he winced at the pang of pain he had just caused to himself, he was then very sure that the news had been real. And he's going to be a father!

Myungsoo couldn’t kept his happiness hidden any longer, so he thanked the doctor for the news and quickly went into the room to see Ji Kyung, but the said girl was still asleep peacefully and oblivious to the fact that she was carrying their baby. Nonetheless, he sat himself down beside her and held her delicate hand in his, then planted a chaste kiss on the back of her hand and smiled to himself like an idiot.

Hours later, the sleeping beauty had finally risen up from her deep slumber. The first thing she noticed was the softness of the sheets that had surrounded her, and the next thing was the comfortable warmth wrapping around her hand. She moved her fingers gently and unlatched her eyes.

“Myung…” The weak girl voiced out, then noticed that her voice was too soft.

Fortunately, Myungsoo caught her calling him, so he responded by holding her hand tighter.

“Ji Kyung-ah…. You’re finally awake.”

The confused girl blinked her eyes to clear up the blurry vision, and then saw his concerned face. Upon seeing the tiny smile that she gave off, he finally let out another relieved sigh.

“Are you feeling any better?” He questioned, touching her forehead to check her temperature. She managed to nod at his question, and she started to recall what had just happened prior to her fainting. Then, she was hit by a sense of guilt for the failed wedding reception. She looked at Myungsoo worriedly, thinking how he must have been disappointed. But to her surprise, he only stared back at her with a loving smile, which made her very curious about something.

“What happened… To me?” The timid girl asked cautiously, raising an eyebrow at her man.

A joyous giggle broke out from Myungsoo’s mouth, before leaning in to kiss her and announced to her, “Ji Kyung, you’re pregnant.”

---

Ji Kyung's life had changed ever since the day the pregnancy was confirmed. She was delighted, for sure, and she had even rushed to see her psychiatrist the next day to inform the lady of the news. She also wanted to know if she can go off pills for the time being, since she now has to pay attention to the well-being of the little one inside of her. When her psychiatrist heard of her news, she congratulated the younger one sincerely and gave her opinions on how she thinks that Ji Kyung would be fine without depending on the pills anymore.

"I guess you've found your way to true happiness." The older woman commented when she notices the obvious grin on the excited girl's face and the spark in her eyes throughout the session as Ji Kyung tells her all about the wedding as well as her inner thoughts about the whole event.

"Yes, I did." She replied happily, and the grin on her face stayed intact until the end.