In the clouds

Beyond the horizon

 

Sunwoo had been watching the entire time. He'd seen how bad the older boy was hurting and what he had become. He promised he'd be back, he just didn't know when. 
 
He sighed as he peered through the clouds, seeing the mental hospital below him. He closed his eyes and pictured Junghwan inside, alone an scared, but soon it changed to an overpowering blackness. 
 
Sunwoo jumped back at the sight, he knew it was bad, but Junghwan had given up hope entirely now. The worst possible thing had come true. 
 
Sunwoo took in a deep breath as he flew through the clouds, disturbed by the thought of what has happened. He wanted to remember he good times they had, before Dr. Shin, before Junghwan was called crazy, before his mother died. 
 
Junghwan was the closest thing he had to a friend, no, he was a friend. Sunwoo had never had real friends. Sunwoo was never real, that's the thing. 
 
He was killed in the embryonic stages of life and grew up as an angel. He had one job, bring up the new arrivals. 
 
He broke his boundaries and tried to help others in need. Junghwan was the first and last one. Now sunwoo missed it, he missed being back in the city with him. He missed him, that was the thing. 
 
Angels are not supposed to touch humans, because there is the fear that they will not be able to touch them or act as a ghost. Sunwoo actually dared to touch Junghwan, and be felt him touch back. Sunwoo knew something was special about him from then on. 
 
Sunwoo watched him from the clouds when he was gone, in between bringing up the new arrivals, like Junghwan's  mother. The pain in his chest grew more ad more as Junghwan gave up hope. 
 
Sunwoo did the unthinkable yet again. It was Christmas eve, around one in the morning. Sunwoo concurred a few other angels who had been near humans and they discussed his problems.
 
Sunwoo returned to the main land, beneath the clouds and to the hospital. He drew in a breath as he walked through the doors and walked up to the desk.
 
"My name is Cha Sunwoo, I'm here to see Lee Junghwan."He says as the woman looks up at him.
 
"Sunwoo...? You're... Hold on one moment, Sir." the nurse says as she stands, getting and other nurse. 
 
Sunwoo waited patiently, counting every second for he had a limited time. Eventually he said he didn't know what had happened to Junghwan and that he was a friend of his mothers. They lead him up stating that he was stable at the moment.
 
Sunwoo stared at the guard and the white door, swallowing as his chest grew heavier. 
 
"Junghwan, you have a visitor!" yelled the guard as he cracked open the door. 
 
Junghwan didn't even move, he only opened his eyes and saw Sunwoo standing there before him. 
 
"Junghwan... I'm... So sorry..." is all Sunwoo mumbles, trying to hold himself together. 
 
Junghwan scoffs and closes his eyes again, wanting nothing I do with Sunwoo. The guard becomes Sunwoo out and he obeyed,  walking out of the hospital just as the temporary spell gave away. 
 
He returned to his post in the clouds, watching and waiting for another change of heart. His eyes fell closed as the aura of Junghwan turned black. The happy, free, loving spirit Sunwoo knew was now gone. 
 
---------
 
When Sunwoo left Junghwan looked up as the team took him away for more testing, passing a barred window. He looked out and saw the falling snow. In the snow was a white winged creature, going up tithe clouds, and beyond the horizon. 
 
Little did he know, that was where he stayed, waiting. Junghwan's heart lifted for a second at the thought of Sunwoo. Then it blackened completely, thinking all he wanted to do was make Junghwan miserable. 
 
"You stay up there in the clouds you miserable traitor!"