Points of no return

Beyond the horizon

 

 
 
When Junghwan awoke he was in a padded white room, dressed in all white, no windows or anything in he room but white. 
 
"Sunwoo... Save me! Please! I need you!" he cries as he bangs on the padded walls.
 
After a few minutes he sits down in the corner, knees to his chest and head in his hands. More tears and the noise again, more faint and far away now then it was before. 
 
"Junghwan, he's not going to respond! He's not real! You're crazy! Look where you are!" he screams at himself. 
 
"I'm sorry mom, I failed you. You didn't get better, and I never found my love. I'll rot in here alone..." 
 
 
His head and heart pounded quickly, over powering the wings in the distance. Sunwoo was gone, he had to face it if he wasn't to accept he was never there at all. From that moment Junghwan vowed to change.
 
-------
 
Only two days he'd been in there, taken care of like a crazy child by the guards. He never left his room besides to use the toilet under close supervision. Jinyoung and Chansik came to visit a few times and  junghwan only turned away. 
 
"You put me in here, only come back if you're getting me out!" he screams as he faces the padded wall.
 
They turn away and the the door shuts, the guard retaking his post on the other side of it. Junghwan lies down on the floor, warm tears falling onto the floor as he thinks about his past up till now. 
 
"I'm not the same, I can never be the same." 
 
His eyes fell shut and sleep finally took him away from the padded room and into his dreams. They were not happy things, instead they were shadows that crawled and lurked in the darkness of night. He stood alone under one streetlight as the beings crawled about him, trying to attack from all directions. He stayed still as the shadows took over his body and turned him into one of them. 
 
He rose of the ground in one swift of his giant black wings, a trail of black smoke following him. He flew up past the moon and through a barrier of clouds where he and his army of shadows killed the angels one by one. 
 
At last only one stood, Sunwoo. Junghwan drew a black flame and held it at the angels neck, growling deeply. Sunwoo flashed a glance at him and drew a bow, arrow right at Junghwan's heart and fired. Junghwan fell back into his army of shadows where they vanished, letting him plummet back to the scorched earth. 
 
Sunwoo rose up and raises his bow again, shooting up at the moon. One second the world around went dark before a burst of light took over everything, jolting Junghwan awake. 
 
He breathed heavily as his hand reached for his heart, he felt the sting and heaviness of his chest. Mind went blank and he fell back into the wall in deep thought. Had the dream meant something? 
 
Of course it did. He had to kill Sunwoo! A grin formed on his lips and he pictured himself over the other boys lifeless body, ignoring the pain in his chest. 
 
After waking from the dream the next morning he thought of new ways to attack but each time he said Sunwoo's name, even in his mind, his heart ached. 
 
"What is this feeling!? I hate it! Why must my head pound over this!?" 
 
Junghwan gripped the white gown over his heart and felt it heating rapidly and erratically again. His mind raced as the sensation of blackness set in again. Not from lack of food or sleep, but panic. 
 
He fell back on the floor, gripping his chest, drawing in heavy breaths through his mouth. The guard called to him but got no response. He burst in the door with a team of doctors right as Junghwan fell limp.  
 
The team escorted him to a hospital bed and injected him with an adrenalin shot to keep his heart going. After a few seconds he opened his eyes and began to flail about on the bed, whacking at the men trying to hold him down. 
 
The tied him to the bed and ran a few tests on his blood before pulling out a straight jacket. Junghwan's eyes widened and he put up more of a fight, biting and clawing at them with all of his might. 
 
Finally he gave in, to weak to fight anymore and he was positioned int eh jacket before being thrown back in his room. The room was a cell to him, he was imprisoned, not being cared for.
 
-------
 
He sat in silence in his cell, waiting for any other signs of life to brush past his way. Visitors had been cut off all together and only messages were spoken through the door by the guards. He never listened, he blocked out everything but his own conscious. 
 
It spoke to him all the time, telling him not to listen, speak or move, only wait. Wait for the right time to attack and flee, Wait for the right moment to escape. He did only that, he wasn't moving at all, breathing softly to keep up the silence.