December

Month by Month

 

Sulli is pulling on my sleeve, and I kind of knock her hand away, mumbling that I wanted to sleep. We had just finished all of our end of the year promotions, and stating that I was tired didn't even begin to cover it. I wasn't allowed to visit my unnie either, due with them having to prepare for their comeback, which made me sad. So overall, I wasn't having the best couple of weeks, and I was excited for a break you could say.

 

“Krysss. We're back at the dorm.” Ssul whined again, and I opened my eyes and so we were. Thank goodness. I found myself standing up in the van, and the dizziness running towards my head. The last thing I could remember was everything fading to black, and falling into someone's arms.

 

Amber?” I shouted out. Where was she? I wanted to see her. I stood in a field of flowers by myself, it was very colorful. The sky was a bright blue, and had those clouds you only saw in movies. The grass near the end of the field swayed with the breeze, and I could hear a waterfall off in the distance. Where was I?

 

Hey Princess.” I heard Amber's voice behind me, and I whipped myself around, but she wasn't there. Just more brightly colored flowers.

 

Amber? Where are you?” I yelled out in the field. I didn't hear her voice again though. I ran towards where I heard it the first time, but it was hard. I wore a beautiful white wedding dress, and elegant high heels. My hair was done in nice curls.

 

AMBER. AMBER. AMBER I NEED YOU.” I continued to shout out loud.

 

“Krystal! I'm right here. Shhh. Relax, it was just a dream.” Amber woke me up from my dream, I was sweating, and frightened. I felt Amber holding my hand, and I looked at her. She seemed concerned. I ripped my hand away from hers.

 

“What happened?” I asked coldly, looking away from her. I wonder where the rest of the girls were. I sat up for a second, but my head immediately became dizzy, and I laid back down on the bed. Amber stood up, taking a washcloth off of my forehead and replacing it with a new freshly warmed one.

 

“You fainted when you got out of the van yesterday. I took care of you all night while the girls went off to do their schedules. I'm actually about to go off to a schedule myself. Do you want me to call manager hyung to take care of you?” She explained to me. I shook my head no, and looked towards the clock. December 27th, and it was 3:00pm. I slept for a long time. Wait.

 

“AMBER I AM LATE TO DO THAT RECORDING WITH MY SISTER.” I tried to sit up again, but Amber's arm pushed me back down.

 

“They already made new arrangements for your sister to perform with someone else. You need to rest kid. I'll be back about 8:00pm, and I'll bring dinner home alright? Victoria should be back in a couple hours, but then she's leaving again about 7:00pm, and Sulli and Luna are spending a night in a hotel because they have schedules early tomorrow in downtown Seoul. Text me or manager hyung if you need anything alright? You don't have anything until tomorrow afternoon.” She stated, I nodded and laid back down into my covers. It was nice to sleep all day, I wish I could do it more often. I heard the door click, and I fell back asleep for another hour or so.

 

When I woke back up, I felt good enough to stand up and wander around the dorm. It was weird to hear it so quiet since everyone was gone. I watched TV for a while, but I got bored of that quickly, and felt myself wandering into Victoria and Amber's room. It was funny to see the two parallel opposites. Amber's side was very boyish and messy, with clothes flung everywhere, hats on every available space of desk or wardrobe, and all of the drawers whisked open. Victoria on the other hand was very neat, everything was in it's place, and it was very pink. It looked like a tornado had hit, but it only hit Amber's side. I picked up a few of her clothes on the floor, and threw them into the laundry basket. I sat down on her unmade bed, and stared at the ceiling. So this is what it felt like to be Amber. I scanned the room again, and noticed a journal peeking out from Amber's books. I shouldn't. That would be too nosy. That's Amber's personal private writings. I have too. I make my way across the room swiftly, plucking the journal out of its place. I open it, and Amber's scribbles are everywhere. There are drawings, of flowers, of me, of trees, of stars, of hearts everything. There are dated entries too. The first one I see is from a month ago.

 

I think she is beginning to fall for me again. I pray that I won't mess it up again. I really think I am in love with Krystal.

 

I smile, flipping back farther into the journal. An entry from May pops up. I see a drawing of me laying down with my eyes closed against the grass. My hair is sprawled all around me, and I look like I am peacefully sleeping.

 

I can't help it. I think she's too beautiful for words to describe her.

 

I blush, tracing my fingers over the lines. She really was special to me. I flip forward again, to September.

 

She thinks I cheated on her. I would never cheat on her. I loved her to death. I don't know what to do. Do I try to leave her alone and give her space? Do I fight for her? Everything is moving so fast. I feel like everything I do is wrong. I cry every night, praying that she will take me back. I am afraid that she won't. I love her.

 

“She really didn't cheat on you.” I hear a voice behind me, and I throw the journal onto the bed turning around, bright red for being caught. Victoria unnie was standing there in the doorway.

 

“How do you know for sure?” I asked her, she sat down on her bed, patting the spot next to her to talk. I sat down next to her, and she wrapped her arm around me.

 

“She told me, she was hysterical those first couple days, and she didn't have anyone there to hold her hand through it. She took it pretty tough.” Victoria said, and now I have a little bit of sympathy for her. I mean, she did have to go through our break up alone, that must have been challenging. She must have felt so alone.

 

“But that phone call. Someone called her baby..”I stated, still not believing Victoria. Amber surely must have...

 

 

“Amber's cousin was drunk. Amber was taking her home.” Victoria explained. I sat and stared at the wall. Do I believe her? She hasn't had a girlfriend since we broke up, and that was a record for Amber. Victoria ruffled my hair, getting up and preparing a bag.

 

“Where are you going?” I asked her.

 

“My schedule is going to start again a little earlier unfortunately. You going to be okay here by yourself?” She asked. I nodded, and she smiled, giving me a hug before grabbing her bag and leaving. I needed something to show Amber how sorry I was. I was wrong to accuse her of cheating so quickly. Would she even take me back? I hope she isn't over me already. Maybe I should prepare her a nice dinner? What does she like? I was thinking about something American when the door opened again, and I heard footsteps going towards my room.

 

“Krys?” I heard her voice echo through the apartment. How was she back already! I stepped out of her room, and she raised her eyebrow.

 

“What are you doing in my room?” She asked, and I fumbled for an answer.

 

“N-nothing. Just wandering around the dorm. You're back early.” I stated attempting to change the topic. She smiled.

 

“Yea, my schedule finished early, so I picked up some dinner. You're favorite.” She said, holding up a bag of take out from my favorite place. I smiled. She still knew. She was still the same Amber as a couple months ago. I had just been too stupid to realize it. I throw myself at her, wrapping my arms tightly around her neck. She's surprised, dropping the bag of food on the floor.

 

“What's wrong?” She asked, wrapping her arms slowly around my waist and holding me tightly.

 

“I'm so sorry Amber. I'm sorry I didn't believe you when you said you didn't cheat on me. I just thought since you didn't defend yourself that it was true. I'm sorry it took me this long to realize. I love you, I love you so much.” I ranted on. She stopped me, and I felt her eyes pierce into mine. She gave me a small kiss on the lips.

 

“It's okay Princess. I love you too.”

 

Gah. >.< Not happy with the ending.