December 31st, Monday

Baby, It's Cold Outside

 

Junhyung woke up and found Yoseob cuddled to him. He couldn't help but grin and started kissing Yoseob's neck, "Good morning sleepyhead." Yoseob just groaned in response and Junhyung intensified the kissing. Finally, Yoseob adjusted himself and they made eye contact. He ran his fingers through Junhyung’s hair, "Good morning Junnie. How was your night?" The older smiled at him, "One of the best of my life… Yours?" "So nice. I'd forgotten how good it was." "It? You mean you haven't… since we…"

Yoseob looked away, "I don't want to talk about it." Junhyung couldn't hide his smirk as he returned to kiss Yoseob below his ear, "I'm afraid you already did, sweetie." Something about how cocky Junhyung’s remark had sounded just stabbed Yoseob. The two sides of his brain got into battle again and, before he knew it; the venomous comment had slipped his lips, "So this is how a hook-up feels like…"

Junhyung froze immediately. He got away from Yoseob, mumbling nonsense. "I… I have to… enough… excuse-me." Yoseob watched him leaving the room with hurt written all over his face. Why did he have to say that? Yoseob knew he hadn't sorted out his feelings yet; but there was no need to be so mean. He hid his head on his hands and let the tears fall.

Meanwhile, Junhyung had gone to the bathroom and was cursing himself in the mirror. How could he have been so stupid? How could he have thought that Yoseob could ever forgive him? Yoseob didn't trust him anymore and never would. But hadn't it been worth it? Wouldn't he do it all again just to have Yoseob in his arms for one more night? All the pain he was now feeling made him doubt it.

Junhyung didn't wait for Yoseob or KIkwang to eat breakfast and excused himself for going out with them for lunch saying he had a headache. His head indeed was hurting a lot from all the mixed feelings he was facing. He knew Yoseob was the love of his life and that he would do anything to have him back; at the same time, Yoseob’s rejection gave him more pain than anything else and he wasn't sure he could face another. To top things up; Kikwang’s words from yesterday kept echoing in his head.

Yoseob and Kikwang got home and found Junhyung lying on the couch in the living-room while staring at the ceiling. Kurt just shook his head and went to his bedroom. Kikwang approached the older, "Hey hyung…" Junhyung looked at him before answering, "Hey." Junhyung got back at staring at the ceiling and Kikwang sighed and sat on the couch side that’s near his feet. Junhyung spoke, still not making eye-contact: "You don't need to bother saying: 'I told you so'". The younger lightly patted his leg, "I'm your friend and bandmate and dongsaeng, you know? I'm friends with both of you and all I want is to see you two happy."

He looked in his direction and he took it as a positive sign that he could go on, "Are you still going to the party with us?" "I haven't decided yet." He smirked at him and patted his leg as he got up, "I really think you should. The Junhyung I know wouldn't give up because of one misplaced comment." He was surprised and it took a while for him to call the younger back, "Yah, Kiki! What made you change your mind from our conversation yesterday?" He smirked once more, "Gee, I don't know… Just remember where I'm coming from. There are things a bystander can see better than the people inside the action…"

Junhyung decided to go to the party: it would be probably better than standing in the cold alongside with the crowd in Seoul. However, he and Yoseob had barely exchanged two words the whole way. As soon as they got at the part; Yoseob and Kikwang disappeared, greeting their new friends and Dongwoon. Kikwang had only made sure to bring him to the maknae who showed him where he could get food and drinks.

Junhyung got himself a drink and stood by a window. He saw Yoseob moving around, talking to some people and dancing. He couldn't take his eyes away from the boy that lived in his dreams and whose smell was still fresh in his memory. Scenes from last night started flashing on Junhyung’s head and he looked out of the window fighting his tears. When Junhyung looked back in the room, he found Yoseob staring at him from afar. Their gaze met and they fixed it at each other for a while. Yoseob broke the eye-contact and Junhyung’s eyes followed him as he whispered something in a guy's ear. Junhyung knew it was one of the hosts and he felt the pain taking over his chest as the guy smirked at Yoseob and gave him a wink. He knew he should look away, but he couldn't; so he saw Yoseob giggling as he held the guy's hand and walked away. Then, Junhyung had too much and went back to staring out of the window.

Junhyung wasn't aware it was almost midnight as Yoseob touched his shoulder. He just turned to see who it was and couldn't control the smile forming on his lips. The younger bit his lips before speaking, "Could you come with me?" Junhyung just nodded and Yoseob added, "Grab your coat and follow me." The younger leaded him out of the apartment and they took the elevator to the top floor. When they reached there, Yoseob took a key out of his pocket and opened a door that said: "stairs to the rooftop". Junhyung looked at him puzzled.

"Seob-ah, what are you doing?" The younger smirked at him, "Do you trust me?" Junhyung sighed and nodded. Yoseob took his hand, "Then come along." They stepped outside in what looked like a terrace. The chilling air hit against Junhyung’s face. "Seob-ah, what are we doing here? It's freezing!" "It will be worth it. Look in that direction." Junhyung approached the younger who was standing near the rail and he saw what he was pointing out. From where they were standing, there was a view of the Metropolitan and the New Year’s ball that would drop in a few seconds. Junhyung blinked amazed. He heard Yoseob’s ringing laughter and could form his words, "Seob-ah! How did you know that?"

"I came here with Kikwang to meet maknae. This is where they rehearsed and he showed me the view. I talked to one of the hosts tonight and he said they were just having the party downstairs because it's too cold up here. He gave me the key and said I could come if I wished to try my luck." They saw the ball dropping but all they could hear were the fireworks coming from inside them as they kissed at midnight.