December 29th, Saturday

Baby, It's Cold Outside

 

Yoseob woke up slowly and smiled seeing Junhyung so relaxed lying next to him. Yoseob barely remembered to have fallen asleep in Junhyung's embrace; but he must have rolled off during the night, because he was now facing the boy but only their hands were touching. Yoseob was staring for too long and made Junhyung blink before opening his eyes. Yoseob tried to disguise but Junhyung just turned to face him smiling, "Good morning." "Good morning Junhyung-ah. I… I wanted to thank you."

The older took his hands, "It was nothing. My pleasure; really." Yoseob was unease and swallowed hard as he retrieved his hands from Junhyung, "Look Junhyung-ah; that doesn't mean…" Junhyung interrupted him, "I know. I would never take advantage of you when you were so fragile. But I'm here for you; that's what friends are for." Yoseob grinned in response, "I'm really glad you are here; I guess I couldn't have done it on my own." "Of course you could; you are the strongest person I know!"

They stayed in silence staring at each other for a while. It was a good silence while they both tried to read the other's reactions. Junhyung was rejoicing the intimacy they were living; he guessed it was the first time they were not at all awkward around each other since the break-up. Screw Yoseob's date! Date or no date; he wouldn't go down without a fight. Junhyung was gathering courage and spoke in a weak voice, "Seob-ah? If I asked you on a date would you go out with me?"

Yoseob was clearly surprised and stood gazing him wide-eyed before blushing and answering, "That will depend on what you have in mind…" Junhyung's grin couldn't fit his face. He jumped out of the bed and stormed out the room after telling the younger, "Just stay here. Don't move." Yoseob bit his lips nervously. He was surprised by Junhyung’s excited reaction. The brown-haired boy came back and handed him an envelope. Yoseob hesitantly opened it and was surprised by his luck, "Tickets for Wicked? Junhyung; that's perfect!"

Junhyung appeared happy by his reaction, "I hope you haven't seen it yet…" "No! Not on Broadway!" Yoseob threw himself into a hug that Junhyung was more than glad to welcome. Yoseob spoke still holding him, "But lunch is on me, deal?" Lunch went by with a lot of exchanged smiles but both of them actively avoiding talking about their date. Yoseob took them to a friendly and cozy restaurant in the neighborhood because he insisted he needed a lot of time before leaving home to get ready for a show on Broadway.

During the afternoon, Yoseob disappeared between his bedroom and the bathroom. Junhyung would giggle every now and then of how nervous Yoseob was when he crossed the living-room every time with a different outfit or accessory. Junhyung was starting to worry that he might be underdressed for the occasion. He secretly hoped that he was part of Yoseob's flutter as the younger was his only thoughts while choosing his clothes. Finally, they were ready to go with Junhyung wearing his fanciest tie and Yoseob warmed up by a certain new blue-and-gray scarf.

As they entered the theatre, Yoseob's eyes were sparkling. He wondered around trying to see and register everything. A smile would never leave his face and he held Junhyung's hand, without really paying attention to what he was doing, to show different things of the decoration. Junhyung smiled proudly of himself as he guided Yoseob by the hand to their seats. Their hands just untangled as a lady handled them their Playbills and Yoseob started reading it eagerly as soon as they sat down. Junhyung watched in amazement all of Yoseob’s reactions; his laughs, his cries, his gasps and the few times he squeezed Junhyung’s hand to point out something that particularly excited him.

At the end, Junhyung stood up for a standing ovation and noticed that Yoseob didn't. When he looked to find out what was wrong, he saw Yoseob’s face covered in tears. He sat down, "Seob-ah? What's wrong?" Yoseob tried to clear his tears and looked straight into Junhyung’s eyes, "Nothing is wrong; this is perfect. It's just that this is my dream coming true and I'm feeling emotional. Thank you Junhyung; thank you so much." Junhyung smiled fondly as he took Yoseob’s hand and sweetly kissed his knuckles, "I'm glad you liked it and I'm feeling very special to be the one experiencing it with you. Thank you for letting me share your joy and your dream."

Yoseob grinned, feeling that he was falling all over again for his ex-boyfriend and best friend. He could recognize the old Junhyung through those glowing eyes. They left the theatre with Yoseob wondering if he should hold Junhyung’s hand and lead him on. His mind was a battlefield between the thoughts of how good it was to spend time with Junhyung against the flash of Junhyung making out with a random stranger. Neither side was winning as Yoseob hesitantly asked Junhyung at the theatre’s door, "Should we get a cab?"

Junhyung smirked at him, "Later, when our night is over. I'm taking you to dinner. Come on." Junhyung took Yoseob’s hand and was relieved when he didn't retrieve it. He knew he had done something right with his Wicked idea, but he also knew he still had a long way to go with Yoseob. At least now his hopes were high and they were moving somewhere; for better or for worse. Junhyung smiled proudly the second time that evening as they stood at the restaurant door and Yoseob gasped: "Sardi's? Really Junhyung-ah?" "Only the best for you."

Yoseob was stunning during the entire dinner and Junhyung could feel the heat irradiating from his heart warming his whole body. They entered the dorm later that night. They were laughing at funny stories from the band and their other labelmates that they remembered on their way. Yoseob was still laughing as Junhyung stood looking at him seriously, "Good night Seob-ah; it was a wonderful evening."

Yoseob's eyes were shining as he answered, "You don't really need to sleep in the maknae’s room." Junhyung gave him a closed-mouth smile, "I didn't want to jump into conclusions." Yoseob took his hands, "Thank you...for the date and for taking it slow." "As you wish." Yoseob cupped Junhyung’s face with his hands and went in for a sweet but passionate kiss which the older was quick to respond. They went to THEIR room and lay down facing each other, smiling but both too afraid to touch the other.