December 28th, Friday

Baby, It's Cold Outside

 

Junhyung ended making up his mind during lunch: he would win Yoseob back. And he was doing it the right way; the way Yoseob deserved: he was going to woo his ex-boyfriend. Watching a movie together last night had made Junhyung realize that there was still a spark between them. He knew he had screwed up and that he had hurt Yoseob in many ways; but something about Christmas and spending the holidays together gave him confidence and hope.

He was having lunch in a coffee-shop near Dongdaemun after having spending the morning walking around Han River. After finishing his lunch; he was now headed to Broadway (a/n: let’s just pretend that there is a broadway-like area in Seoul) with a plan in his head. Junhyung stopped at the Gershwin Theatre and bought the two best seats he could afford for watching Wicked on Saturday.

The first thing Junhyung did when he was back at the dorm was start to cook. He would ask Yoseob on a date during a romantic dinner. Maybe he would even light some candles. Junhyung was happily singing and dancing while adding ingredients to different pans and bowls. He couldn't remember the last time he felt that way. When Yoseob got home he was welcomed the second time this week by a delicious smell coming from the kitchen and a smiley Junhyung. "Hey; you are home!" “What smells so nicely?" "Spicy braised chicken and deolbokki."

Yoseob blushed, "My favourites…" Junhyung looked down shyly in response, he was so nervous, "I was in a cooking mood…" "I see but anyway, do you think there's time for me to take a quick shower before dinner?" "Sure, sure; I'm still finishing things here and I still have to settle the table." Yoseob looked at him for reassurance, "Are you sure you don't need any help?" "I'm fine; tonight's on me."

Yoseob smiled and went to the bathroom. Junhyung heard when the water started running and when it stopped. He heard Yoseob's blow-drier going on and heard when Yoseob got out of the bathroom to answer his phone. Junhyung couldn't help but eavesdropping into Yoseob's conversation; damn that wall-less dorm!

"Hello?... Oh, hey Daniel, how can I help you?" Who was this Daniel guy and why would he call Yoseob on a Friday night? "Yeah; my schedules finished early today. At that time I was already on my way home…" Oh, someone from work… Was it another idol who wanted to discuss work at this hour? "Oh, that's so sweet of you! But I'm afraid I must leave it from another time… You see, I've already got a date for New Year's Eve." Of course Yoseobhad a date and of course another guy was asking him out; Yoseob wouldn't be alone for too long. Junhyung felt a stinging pain in his chest as he hid the Wicked tickets and the candles while Yoseob hanged up the phone and joined him in the kitchen.

"Gosh; I'm hungry." Junhyung hid his sorrow behind a smile, "That's good! Come on; you can sit down. Lemonade?" "Yeah, sure. Any reason why we are having such a special dinner?" Junhyung took a sip of his cola to compose himself before lying, "No; none at all. Just wanted to thank you once again for letting me stay in the dorm although it was supposed to be fully yours." Yoseob opened his most beautiful smile causing Junhyung's chest to hurt even more:

"Tell me about your day; what have you seen?" Junhyung smiled back: he may have lost Yoseob's heart but he still had him in his life. "I went to Dongdaemun and Han River." Yoseob gasped excited: "You saw Broadway! Isn't it a dream?" Junhyung sighed resigned, "Yes; a wonderful dream…" As they were doing the dishes, which Yoseob insisted on helping, Junhyung decided to try his luck.

"Any good film airing tonight?" Yoseob snorted, "I don't know; not for me at least. I'm so tired that I think I'll go to bed early; maybe try to read a bit." "Oh… okay. So go ahead then; I'll finish it here. You've worked all day…" Yoseob smiled and hugged him. "Thank you so much. Good night Junhyung."  “Good night Seob-ah."

Junhyung watched painfully as the love of his life slipped through his fingers the second time that evening.

It was the middle of the night when Yoseob woke up on a jolt and ran out of his room. Junhyung was awaken by the sudden movement and sound and by the next second he was by Yoseob's side knowing exactly what the problem was. "Still having those nightmares?" Yoseob was slowly coming back from his shock. "And you still are a light sleeper."

"It's about the band and the haters, isn't it?" Yoseob collapsed and the next moment his face was covered with flowing tears as he sobbed hard. Junhyung didn't think twice before enlacing his crying friend into a comforting hug, "It's alright, Seob-ah. It was just a dream…" Yoseob twined his arms around Junhyung's neck welcoming the warmth. He spoke between sobs, "It got so much worse around Christmas."

Junhyung Yoseob's back, "It's okay; you can cry… Do you want me to get you some water?" Yoseob held him tighter, "Please don't let go of me." "Never Seob-ah; I'm here for you. Do you want me to lay with you until you fall asleep again?"

Junhyung's offer was as a friend, even so he could hardly believe it when Yoseob nodded and started leading him to THEIR bedroom. Junhyung lay on his back and Yoseob rested his head on the older's shoulder with an arm around his chest. Yoseob sweetly murmured "thank you" and felt asleep within seconds. Junhyung smiled fondly at the sleeping boy in his arms and kissed the top of his head, "You are so welcome, sweetie."

Junhyung couldn't possible get up from there to move back to his bed. Not just because Yoseob’s weight was pressing him against the bed and he was afraid of waking his still shaken friend; but because something about having Yoseob back in his arms made him wish morning would never come.