December 24th, Monday

Baby, It's Cold Outside

Yoseob was anxiously checking the clock. He wasn't a really that religious person and Christmas usually didn't mean much to him; that's why at first he thought he would be fine spending the holidays alone in Seoul. But since his parents said they would be coming to visit him, he was now really looking forward to it. The other members went back to their hometown to celebrate the holidays with their family, leaving him alone in the dorm.

It wouldn't even be many days; his manager would be going back to work on Wednesday and as he have schedules on that day, Yoseob didn't have much of a choice. He wasn't complaining as he really do needed a rest, at least. Things with Junhyung were friendly, but it still hurt a lot. Especially with all the romantic comedies that seemed to be the only thing on TV. They've talked and agreed on being friends, but it was still awkward and Yoseob still dreamed almost every night of the times before Junhyung confessed his cheating. Yoseob wanted that Junhyung back, but for now he had to settle with being friends with the new one.

His thoughts were interrupted by a knock on the door. Finally! He literally ran to open the door and threw himself into a hug the second he saw his mother's smiling face. "Omma! It's so good to see you!" Mrs Yang laughed as she held her son closer in the embrace. "It's good to see you too, Seobbie." "Oh omma, this Christmas will be perfect. Just like the ones we had when I was little." He smiled before hugging his father. Mr Yang said, "Well Seob, I have something to tell you, but before you start screaming I want you to know it was all my idea."

Yoseob raised an eyebrow in a quizzical way. Mr Yang went on, "We found Junhyung at the airport, in a disguise ofcourse, and found out that his family went off to Japan to visit their relatives so he would be alone for Christmas and he didn't want to come back to the dorm here so I invited him. I hope it's alright." Yoseob let out a sigh; he wasn't expecting this and didn't know how his feelings would behave having his ex-boyfriend spending Christmas with his family. He raised his eyes to look at his dad, "It's okay, nobody is supposed to be alone on Christmas right?" "Quoting me? It's good to know that you still listen to your appa. I'll bring him upstairs..."

Mr Yang went to get Junhyung who apparently had insisted on checking if Yoseob would be okay to see him before showing up. Junhyung appeared at the dorm's doorstep and Yoseob's heart did a flip-flop; but it seemed like he could hide it because Junhyung just smiled awkwardly at him. Yoseob pulled him to a friendly hug that didn't last long. Junhyung coughed to break the compelling silence. "Yoseob-ah, it was kind of an exhausting journey with the airport so crowded. I will go take a shower first okay?" Yoseob nodded before saying. "Wait here, I just did the laundry so let me take your towel for you."

When he got back, Junhyung hadn't move and was unease. Yoseob smiled at him and he started what seemed to be a rehearsed speech, "Yoseob-ah, I really wanted to have called first. My family went to visit our other relatives in Japan and I didn't want to go because I had a row with my uncle and my father the last time they called. When your father found out that I would be in Seoul for the holidays, he insisted I came. I didn't want to impose. You are supposed to have the dorm all by yourself this holidays so I'll be checking in a hotel as soon as dinner is over. You won't need to hear from me for the rest of the week..."

Yoseob interrupted him, "Junhyung-ah, stop. We are friends, right? I'm glad my appa invited you; especially after you told me you fought with your family. No one should be alone on Christmas. You can just stay in Woonie and Kikwang's room okay? I will stay in ours." Junhyung's eyes opened wide, "Really Yoseob-ah? It would be great. I promise I won't be on your way; you'll hardly know I'm here." Yoseob chuckled, "Junhyung-ah, I'm not bothered by your presence. We can be friends and talk. I will have schedules during the week, so I won't bother you either."

Junhyung's eyes were beginning to moist and Yoseob couldn't help but notice and worry. He uncertainly placed his hand at Junhyung's shoulder. "Something wrong?" Junhyung's tears began to drop and he looked straight into Yoseob's eyes. "Yoseob-ah, you have no idea how much this all means to me. I'm not trying anything here or anything else; it's just because it's Christmas and I need you to know the truth: I love you. I love you very much and all I want is to see you happy no matter what. For real, no matter what. I'll be rooting for you and I'll be always there for you whenever you need me. I just... I just can't live with the idea of not having you in my life..."

Yoseob was touched and pulled Junhyung for a heart-felt tight hug. He was feeling his eyes moistening and hoped his voice wouldn't break, "I'll always be there rooting for you too, Junhyung-ah. You are way too important." Junhyung's sobs became louder, "Yoseob-ah, for some months I thought I had lost you for good. I'm so glad we can still share some moments. When you said you didn't love me anymore..." Yoseob couldn't contain his next sentence, "But I never said that." It wasn't meant for Junhyung to hear; but as he did, he broke the embrace to look at Yoseob. Looking at the rapper putting himself so fragile before him. Yoseob decided to go with the truth. "Loving you was never the problem. It was quite the opposite, getting over you that really hurt."

Before Junhyung could procces all that and come up with an answer; Yoseob's parents came out of DooSeung's bedroom and came to join them. The supper went by with light conversating and Mrs Yang telling Junhyung some holiday tales of Yoseob. Junhyung's eyes sought Yoseob's at every chance they got. Yoseob tried to avoid these exchanged glances, but could only escape a few of them. Mr and Mrs Yang announced they were going to sleep and hugged both of the boys. Junhyung stayed to help Yoseob clean the table and load the dishwasher.

Yoseob was the first to break the silence. "Junhyung, can I ask you something?" "Anything." Yoseob stopped what he was doing and turned to face the rapper. "You would be in Seoul for the holidays and you wouldn't call me?" Junhyung looked down and shifted his weight between his feet. After some consideration, he looked at the main vocalist with a smirk, "I was trying to give you your space; but I guess I'd probably give in and call you." Yoseob smiled back at him, "Good to know.. Well, I guess I'll go to bed too. Merry Christmas, Junhyung." "Merry Christmas, Yoseob-ah. Sweet dreams."

They both stayed awake for a long time revising the events of last night. Yoseob was fighting the feelings that had awaken inside him and Junhyung's using all his forces not to nourish a hope that was beginning to born inside him.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CHAPTER 1 IS UP! DO COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE x

Love you guys xoxo fitriahz