December 25th, Tuesday

Baby, It's Cold Outside

 

Yoseob woke up early and went to make coffee in the kitchen. A voice came from behind him and made him jump, "Already awake?" He turned and found Junhyung in his pyjamas sitting on a chair with a book in his hands. The pyjamas were tight which took a little of Yoseob's concentration, but he managed a smile as he answered, "You seem to be there for a while. Problems sleeping?" "None at all; just a lot in my head… you know, my family and stuff…"

Yoseob gave him a half smile. He was sad that his friend didn't get to spend Christmas with his family; however, part of him wished that he was running in Junhyung's mind like the boy was running in his. He shook his head trying to get rid of the silly thought: "Speaking of family, is mine up yet?" "Not that I have seen. Yoseob-ah, can I give you something?"

Yoseob was surprised by Junhyung's sudden change of subject and by his puppy smile. Yoseob looked at him puzzled, "What do you mean?" "I got you a Christmas present and I want to know if you would keep it." Yoseob grinned, "That's so sweet of you; of course I'll keep it." Junhyung smiled widely and half run to his bag to retrieve a package from there. He handled it to Yoseob who carefully opened it to find a beautiful blue and gray striped scarf. He felt the wool between his fingers and stared at it in amazement. Junhyung's eyes were sparkling admiring Yoseob's reaction, "I know how much you love scarves and I realised that your scarves collection doesn’t have a new one."

Yoseob surprised him with a hug. "Junhyung, I loved it! I feel bad I haven't got you anything. Actually, I haven't bought anything for anyone. I'll get your present and give it to you later this week." "You really don't need to. You are already opening family’s welcome to me." "Still…"

The younger stopped his sentence midway because an idea was forming in his mind. It wasn't probably a good idea; but he couldn't resist it and just gave himself to the rush of the moment. Yoseob walked closer to Junhyung, keeping eye contact. Junhyung swallowed hard noticing the younger’s intention. Yoseob glued his lips to Junhyung's and as cliche as it is, fireworks started filling both of them. Junhyung held Yoseob by the waist and pulled him closer while Yoseob's hands were wrapping around Junhyung's neck. After what seemed forever and no time at all; Yoseob broke the kiss with Junhyung's lips still seeking his. They stood breathless staring at each other.

They heard noise coming from the rooms and walked away, pretending they've been busy elsewhere. Mrs Yang walked to the kitchen, looking drowsy. She smiled at them, "Morning boys." Yoseob turned with smile that covered his true feelings, "Good morning umma; coffee?" Mrs Yang looked from the over-smiley Yoseob in front of him to ashamed Junhyung in the corner. After a few seconds, she just shook her head and accepted the coffee. Yoseob was trying to make small talk, "Any plans for today?"

She grinned at him, “I propose we go see the famous Seoul’s Christmas decorations and look for a nice place for lunch. What do you say?" "Perfect!" Mrs Yang smiled and turned to Junhyung, "What about you, Jun? Care to join us?" Junhyung started babbling until he saw Yoseob nodding encouragingly. He grinned and answered, "Sure, I'd love to." Yoseob clapped his hands, "It's settled then. I'm going to change."

Mrs Yang excuse herself to go back to the bedroom to wake her husband up and Junhyung took the cue to go after Yoseob. He grabbed the latter arms preventing him to enter his bedroom. "Seob…" Yoseob looked at him with pleading eyes, "Junhyung, please. I shouldn't have." Junhyung sighed and closed his eyes. He took a deep breath and glared at Yoseob with moist eyes. "I'll see it as my Christmas present, deal? Merry Christmas?"

Yoseob nodded and politely slicked away from him, ignoring Junhyung's opened arms obviously waiting for a hug. Yoseob closed the door that separated his bedroom from the rest of the dorm and threw himself back-first on the bed. He stayed a few moments staring his ceiling and feeling his new scarf weighing against his chest. He finally sighed and went looking for an outfit that would go with gray and blue.

While this, Junhyung went for a cup of coffee trying to keep his head from the thoughts that would lead to hope and eventually pain from a new heart-broken. He fought his tears with all his strength because he knew perfectly well it was his fault that that would be the last kiss he would ever receive from the younger. He knew he had screwed up and lost Yoseob forever. He should just concentrate on the fact that he had managed to get Yoseob back in his life; if he lost that as well he didn't knew how he would cope. Friends, Junhyung! You guys are friends and bandmates; don't screw that up as well! His head had done a good job convincing him to give up on hope; but as soon as Yoseob walked out of his room wearing the scarf, Junhyung's heart took control all over again and all help broke loose.

They've spent a great day along with Mr & Mrs Yang as friends; although Junhyung's heart was swelling with love. Yoseob had taken them to visit his favourite spots, not that Junhyung didn’t know them, and showed them the cutest little Italian canteen for lunch. It was a day filled with smiles and fondness; they got home at night happy but exhausted. Mr & Mrs Yang, as usual, excusing themselves to bed, Junhyung thought he saw a wink from the younger as they hugged goodnight.

Yoseob passed the older, who was lying on the living-room in his way from the bathroom to his bedroom. Junhyung looked at him from above his book. Yoseob smiled, "Merry Christmas, Junhyung." Junhyung grinned back, "Merry Christmas, Seob-ah."

There were a lot of things Junhyung wanted to add to his phrase, but he needed to be careful with Yoseob. As the younger disappeared in his room, Junhyung rested his book on his chest and ran his finger in his lips trying to recreate the way Yoseob's lips had felt. He knew it was a hopeless mission but he had to try. At least everything kept very fresh in his memory and would be there forever.