15th Pull, you clearing

Push and Pull

The wind was chiseling at your nose. It hadn’t stopped snowing and the weather was freezing. Junsu was happily stomping through the snow in front of you and Jaejoong. Jaejoong was holding your hand, making sure you didn’t fall. You wished someone was there to take your picture, just so you could cut it out of a magazine later and frame it somewhere. You struggled to lift your feet. You jacket was weighed down by falling snow and its sheer heaviness in general. Junsu tripped and Jaejoong rushed out to help him up. Junsu’s face was covered in snow. Jaejoong caringly brushed it off with his gloves. The warmth had left your covered fingers again. You longed for your hands to reunite.

Junsu and Jaejoong hopped in the snow and you blankly watched them head out. You would have smiled, but the air had cracked your lips and they were close to bleeding. You thanked the rising gods of the east when you reached your office building. Jaejoong was going to watch Junsu in the morning and you would take him to see the soccer player in the afternoon. Junsu was quietly anticipating the meeting. The receptionist looked at you and Jaejoong, then at Junsu. “Oh my gosh, is that your so –” Both of you burst out laughing and headed for the elevator, leaving the receptionist bewildered.

Pull

Jaejoong looked around the seventh floor. He had never been there before. Junsu was holding onto a soccer ball you had given to him for the soccer player to sign. You were standing back, waiting for his fandom moment to end. Jaejoong walked over to you, taking in his surroundings. “It’s not that strange.” He shook his head, not sure if he was agreeing or disagreeing. The two of you talked about the adventures each of you had with Junsu. You both agreed it was lucky that Junsu’s school had completely closed for the day. It was the snow, it was a Saturday, it was almost time for the winter break.

One of the news casters saw you and waved. He walked over and saw Jaejoong and Junsu with you. You didn’t want him to reach an absurd conclusion like the receptionist had. “Hey, I’m sure you know Jaejoong, and this is his brother Kim Junsu.” He nodded, understanding the situation. He looked around and motioned for you and Jaejoong to follow him. You looked at Junsu; he was still mesmerized by the soccer player. The player nodded to you reassuringly; he would watch over Junsu. You and Jaejoong followed the man.

“I know, you really don’t want to do this, but I need a huge favor. In January I need someone to fill a time for me. I just lost my couple I was going to interview. I know I am asking a lot of you two, but will you please fill the spot in?” You furrowed your eyebrows, not sure how to tell him no. “Please, I’m begging you. I know you had a lot of difficulties after that stupid woman revealed that picture of you and Jaejoong, but this will give you the opportunity to clear up any remaining rumors. Like the one that Jaejoong hadn’t ever gotten professional models in the first place. Everything in this building is under the same company, so I asked when I thought of you guys. The head guy said it was ok for me to clear things up. I just need you to say yes. Please.” You took a deep breath; it was about time everything came out. You also planned to make things between you and Jaejoong crystal clear.

Pull

“So the models that were originally supposed to be there didn’t appear because of a mix up?” Jaejoong nodded and you took a sip of water.

“That’s right. It was an agency that deals with foreigners, the person I booked with was also a foreigner and she booked the event for the next month. She didn’t know her months that well at the time. She has now learned them.” Jaejoong was doing his best in the spotlight. He seemed to be having more fun than you, the person that did interviews and broadcasts for a living.

“But why did you and -------- model? Why was ------- even there?” You cleared your throat, ready to answer the question.

“I thought you would have remembered. That was the day I came for my interview here. I was getting my first job in the studio. The receptionist in the lobby sent me to the third floor instead of the seventh because she assumed I was a model. That was where I met Jaejoong. I had no idea he was working here, so I decided we would talk after my interview.”

The man laughed. “She does that often. Whenever someone with beauty she’s never seen before walks up to her, she sends them to the third floor for the new models start do their first shoot.” Jaejoong looked at the two of you startled.

“No way, she did the same thing to me when I was coming for my interview. I wanted to know where a certain office was and before I could even ask she sent me off.” He shook his head in disbelief. “Anyway, so the models never came, and the photographer was getting impatient. We had already had an argument about the name of the shoot. I wanted ‘Love is Survivor’ but he was in a higher position and ‘Love is destruction’ stuck. He was looking for an excuse to send me home that day, or rather, fire me. -------- was waiting for the shoot to finish so she could talk with me, but I thought she could help me.

“The photographer agreed immediately, he liked the way ------- looked, and he had originally thought I was a model in the first place.”

You butted in. “It definitely fit the concept. I was so stress out at the time I had dark bags under my eyes that spelled death.”

“------ and I did the shoot and everything turned out fine.”

The man looked at you, wanting to lead the conversation in your direction. “Why did you get touchy when she showed the picture to you?”

You took another sip of water. “I hadn’t seen the picture at the time, so I was wondering what would make her show it in a discussion about women political powers. It had really nothing to do with the discussion. I tried to keep it on topic, but she really made me mad.”

He nodded, pretending to understand your anger. “So why did it take nearly a month for you and Jaejoong to confirm the rumors of your dating?”

You sighed. “Why were there any rumors in the first place? Was it because we lived in the same apartment and we were close friends? I don’t even understand why it was such a big deal. I wanted to keep my private life private, unlike some trashy celebrity.”

A surprised look came across his face. “So are you saying you aren’t actually dating?”

You inhaled slowly before looking at Jaejoong. “I love Jaejoong with all my heart. I have loved him for the longest time and I will always be by his side, step by step, through whatever happens. I will never leave him.” Jaejoong’s ears turned red as the interview continued.