9th Pull, you hiding

Push and Pull

You didn’t even freaking own any miniskirts before that day. When you walked into the office people turned heads. You were probably as red as a beet, but you didn’t dare look at yourself. You didn’t want to see the face that gave in to that man. You bit your lips. You wouldn’t stand for it. The first chance you got, you were going to fight back. Plotting your desires, the chief stepped behind you. He placed his hand on your shoulder, dangerously close to your neck. He looked down, trying to see your chest. You had worn a shirt that covered you properly. He frowned and let his gaze go to your legs. ‘Jaejoong, Jaejoong, Jaejoong, JAEJOONG! Please save me from this!’ You squeaked as his hand drifted down your back.

“Chief, I need to get to work, please leave me alone.” He smirked at you. He bent low so he was right up to your ear. His breath was the same haggard breath from the phone. Your skin was crawling. Your eyes were starting to tear up again. They still stung from your crying before. You held your breath, hoping he would say what he wanted and quickly leave.

“Please -------, call me Hosyuk. I want to be more than just your chief.” You shuddered. “Starting wearing better blouses. Ones that reveal cleavage would be nice. Your report is due by the end of the day.” He said it in one breath, like the sentences went together. Like they meant the same to him. You wanted Jaejoong to rip this guy’s vocal cords out, so he would never say another thing to you.

Hosyuk left you to your work, but you wanted to leave that very second.

Pull

Jae looked up at the building, shading his eyes from the blinding light. He had decided to work there. The photography business wouldn’t be too hard. He had experience from college, and he had even taken an interest in it. He decided if he was going to do something new, it wasn’t going to have anything to do with reporting things or reviewing restaurants. He walked in and searched for a receptionist. When he spotted her he noticed that her eyes were already glued to him. He walked up to her, hoping she would direct him to the head’s office. “Excuse me…”

“Third floor!” She blurted out. She quickly blushed. Jaejoong thanked her and made his way to the elevator. In the lift he questioned her. ‘How did she know where I wanted to go?’ He decided to ignore her. She must have known he was coming for the job interview.

Jaejoong had been planning the interview for several weeks, he just waited for it to be confirmed before he quit. Hosyuk’s final actions caused him to quit right there before actually getting another job. He hoped he would get the job as a photographer’s assistant.

He walked around the third floor, looking for he office. He was pretty sure he was lost. In these situations you would have found the way and scolded him for getting lost. He felt a little lonely without you. He shook his head. He could do it. He was going to show you that he could do things on his own. He asked a man walking out of a studio for directions. The man did a once over before directing him to the sixth floor. Jaejoong thanked him and went to the elevator again. He wondered why all the people in the building were so gorgeous. He knew it was a modeling business, but he couldn’t believe that people could be so beautiful.

He found the office and knocked. A ‘come in’ greeted him. He entered the room and saw the man he was looking for. “Hello, I am Kim Jaejoong, I am here for a job interview.”

The man looked at Jaejoong and seemed to be inspecting him. “Your looks pass, but I wonder if you can walk on a runway. Probably not, you would have to be in photo shoots at the start.” Jaejoong looked up after being visually molested.

“Yes about photo –” The man looked at Jaejoong’s face again.

“How old are you.” Jaejoong was a little startled, but he answered quickly.

“I’m 23, sir.” The man sighed.

“If only you had come to us earlier, we could have made you a rising sun.” Jaejoong raised an eyebrow. He finally understood.

“Oh, no! I don’t want to be a model! I want to be a photographer’s assistant!” The man laughed when he realized what was going on.

“Yes you do, don’t you? Well, can you work a camera?” Jae nodded. “Can you work with lights?” Jae moved his hands to gesture a ‘sort of’. The man shrugged. “That’s good enough for me. Starting tomorrow, report to studio K on the third floor. That is where we put our newest workers.” Jae bowed and left, extremely giddy for easily getting the job. He was happy he got the job, but there was a nagging feeling that he had gotten the job only because of his looks.

Pull

You were in your room crying. You didn’t want to go back to work. You wanted to walk out and follow Jae. You didn’t want to be there anymore. You didn’t want to see that guy. You didn’t want anymore. Tears were staining your pillow. The sheets you had wrapped around you made you boil. It was still summer. Everything had happened so fast, and before you knew it, you were alone.

Jaejoong wasn’t sure how he was going to tell you. He was super pumped from his first week of working. He was learning so many things that he didn’t even know before. He was going to share his happiness with you in some way. He walked into your house, thinking of what he wanted to say beforehand. He walked up the stairs slowly, Junsu had been over recently, and he left a mess. Jae walked over to your door and opened it, smiling widely. He saw you, on your bed, crying your eyes out. “------ what’s wrong?”

You saw him, his happiness radiating around him. You didn’t want him to know. You didn’t want him to think of you, being harassed by Hosyuk. You quickly made up a lie, you happened to be good at that. “I keep banging my knee on my desk and it hurts!” You wailed. He sat down next to you and let you hug him He was a good friend. After you calmed down, his smile returned.

“-------, guess what!” You tilted your head questioningly. “I got a job as photographer’s assistant!” Oh. He had decided to pursue that passion. Just like he had pursued Yooeun, and cooking. You hoped he would give that one up just as quickly. He gave up cooking when it reminded him too much of the fun he had with Yooeun, the fun and the pain. Photography would be the same. Then he would come back to you.