Chapter 1: The Comeback

INVISIBLE MAN II (Sequel)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Chapter 1: The Comeback

 

They say to me, “Why don’t you know -
That no matter what kind of love it is, it all changes after time passes”

 

 

(This is Dara's POV... It's all hers)

 

 

 

I woke up from the sunlight that shines through my window. I briefly opened my eyes, not wanting to fully open them, I still want to sleep but my instinct tells me I should go down now and eat breakfast, but my brother suddenly barged in inside my room, did I forgot to lock the door?

 

“Wake up sleepy head!” I heard him say, I covered myself  but he pulled the covers down, revealing me and my strawberry pajamas.

 

“What is it Sanghyun?”

 

“Get up already… It’s a new day! Be happy! La la!” I chuckled at his antics, this guy never fails to amuse me, I sat down on my bed feeling nervous all of a sudden,

 

“Jiyong Hyung will be back later… Him with Dami noona” I think I just stopped breathing. I didn’t move an inch, I felt numb. He’s going to be back, later…

 

I heard my door closed and I stood up from bed to look at the room in front of me, it’s his. It’s been abandoned, well not really abandoned for 2 years and a few months, a caretaker stays there. He had been our visitor almost every day, he would look after my brother since I’m always not at home.

 

I moved the curtains and opened the window, cold breeze flew to me, I missed him, so much. I took a step back and went to my desk, I took out the letter that I had been keeping for the past two years and read it… I felt pain and sadness wash over me. I placed it back on the drawer and just took a hot bath, which would feel better.

 

“Noona…” I saw Sanghyun talking to the caretaker, I smiled at him. I took a few steps down to see and hear what they were talking about.

 

“I already need to leave, Mr. Kwon will be here a little later, as well as Dami. I want to thank you for being so nice to me even though we’re not a family nor we are related” I saw him smile, but I frowned

 

“Are you sure you want to leave Mr. Song?” he nodded and I interrupted

 

“No… You will not leave this town unless I say so” I took his bag on the ground and placed it on the couch, “You will stay here whenever you want…” I saw him smile and he nodded at me, I launched myself at him, he became a father to us, even though we don’t know him, he is such a great man!

 

“Thank you Sandara”

 

“I wouldn’t think twice if it’s you Mr. Song” he smiled at me and I gestured for him to come in and join us for breakfast. I cooked for them, my decision’s final, I’ll let Mr. Song live here with us.

 

I work for myself and Sanghyun, mom gives us enough money but I wouldn’t want to depend on it for the rest of my life. Sanghyun is now on his 4th year and he’s graduating while I’m on my 4th year in college. I took up arts with Minzy while Bom and CL took up music, same school.

 

“Noona, why don’t you show Mr. Song your works?” I glared at him, I have never told anyone about this other room in this house.

 

“Ho-“ I was cut off by my brother

 

“You’re always not at home so I roamed around the house and saw another staircase on the ceiling of your room…” He grinned at me, oh gosh…

 

“What do you do Sandara?”

 

“I draw and paint… ugh, this is embarrassing” I saw him smile at me

 

“No it’s not… It’s a good talent. I want to see your works” My eyes widened, he shouldn’t see whoever it is on my drawing, he shouldn’t.

 

“Ummm, I think I’ll let you see those tomorrow. It’s a mess there”

 

“Well I can help you clean the mess-“

 

“NO!” I shouted and gasped at what I just did

 

“I’m sorry, I mean… I invited you here to stay not to be someone who would clean the house or anything, I can handle it Mr. Song… All you need to do is feel at home, don’t worry…” I smiled at him and he bought what I said, thank goodness, that was close.

 

After a while, Sanghyun bid goodbye since he’s going to school, while my schedule would be an hour and half from now. Mr. Song told me that he would go outside and meet with his friends, what I mean by friends are his co-workers. Left alone at home, I took my phone and called Minzy, since we’re on the same class.

 

Before I could say anything like Hello, she just started bombarding me questions “DARA!!! You know it right?? You know it right?!!!” She repeated “Know about what?”

 

“That Jiyong oppa will arrive later, right?” I stopped talking…

 

“I….I’m sorry, I didn’t mean to bring it up” I shook my head as if she would see me “No… I know it already, Sanghyun told me. Even if he didn’t said anything, I will still see him since, we’re in the same neighbourhood” I stated a fact that I can’t move on,

 

“Right… Well, I’ll see you in a bit, and oh! Bring your things, they said we’ll have to make some sketches, our professor sure is fond of such activities” I chuckled “You’re right… But it’ll give us more things to learn and we can practice a lot”

 

“True.. Alright, I gotta go. Catch you in a bit” I nodded and just went upstairs to change my clothes and get ready for school. After dressing up I looked into the mirror and fixed my hair, I tied my hair up and did a light make-up and some pink lip gloss and I’m ready.

 

Thinking onto whether I should ride the bus or take my bike with me, torn between the two, I heard a car horn near our house, I tried to look outside but it wasn’t on their house. I sighed, my phone rang and I answered it.

 

“Come down at once, I’m here…” The phone went dead. Bom, I shook my head and headed downstairs. Locking the front door and leaving the spare key on where I used to leave it, in the mailbox. I went to Bom’s car,

 

“Good Morning My lady” she said as I closed the door, “Good Morning doll” I saw her smile as she stepped on the gas,

 

“So, why so many stuff?”

 

“Activity” I simply said

 

“Oh well, you guys loves activity. When will you start painting ones?” I quickly turned to her and slapped her arm “You !”

 

“Hey, I’m driving!” We laughed all the way to school, talking about other stuff… She parked the car and we went out.

 

“So, have you heard?”

 

“I did”

 

“Sorry” She muttered making me look at her “You know what, stop saying sorry. It makes me feel more miserable” She grinned at me,

 

“You will see Youngbae later?” she chirped and I whipped my head to her, “What?” I sighed, “Nothing. Now that he’s coming back, those years that I didn’t know a thing… I’m-“ Bom stopped walking and placed her hands on my shoulders

 

“Stop thinking too much Dara… It’s been 2 years… You can do this, alright? But I must say that you were really blind that time”

 

“BOM!” I gasped, oh my God, did she just insult me?

 

“Hahaha, alright kiddo. You’re going to be late” I took a glance of my watch and nodded, I ran to our room to find them there already.

 

“5 minutes late Ms. Park” my professor announced, all Bom’s fault

 

“Right” I quickly went to my

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter