Ring of it

The second heart

Key's POV

Wendesday went by slowly. I still haven't seen Seunghyun or Minhwan. Needless to say I wasn't able to pass Jonghun's message to Seunghyun. The teacher were pretty much set on making their lectures as boring as possible. History especially  was a real pain in the . Even the teacher seemed to be half asleep by the end of the lesson.

If I ever shoot myself, it will most definitely happen during a history class.

Another thing that surprised me was that joon was in every class with me so far. At first I though that I had Korean iterature apart from him but apparentely he was just skipping on Monday. And what pissed me off was that he kept annoying me. He would constantely ask me questions about myself and he would accompany me to the next class. It kinda freaked me out. I hoghly doubt that he liked me that much or that he desparately wanted to be friends with me but all his actions pointed towards that theory.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

I was dreading Thursday.  And when it came all I could do was try to ignore the unpleasant feeling in my stomach that screamed "WHYYYYYY?!?!"

When I got to school I realised that I was late but I honestly didn't care. My mood was bad and I didn't honestly try to make it any better. 

When I strolled into the classroom with my head hung low I heard the teacher say something about letting me off with a warning. I managed to find my seat and slump in it like a broken doll. Joon was right beside me as he had already saved this seat for me two days ago. He sent me a smile and I tried to answer it with a smile as well but i honestly don't think that it came out properly.

I had forgotten about him. I had. But today when i knew what was awaiting me, My thoughts trailed back to his big eyes and tall lean figure. I absentmindedly searched the classroom for the calm persona but he wasn't here. I wasn't surprised - I knew he wouldn't be here. This is not the class he is having now. But still....

I wish i could see him now.... 

***************************************************************************************************************************************

My wish came true during the 4th lesson. When I strolled in, his eyes met mine almost instantely although he quickly broke the contact and looked down on his lap. I signed and moved towards Joon who "surprisingly" happened to be in my class and happened to save me a seat. 

"Hey, Kibum! I saved ya a.... desk, seat!!!!! I meant seat!" - He smiled and motioned me to sit down. I awkwardly looked back at Minho only to find him looking at me but he quickly averted my gaze and went back to looking out the window. I signed again and plopped next to Joon who started blabbering about his abs growing. 

*******************************************************************************************************************************************

I looked at the clock hanging on the wall. 7 more minutes. We had spent the whole lesson writing down stuff about the human body. Now the teacher was trying to find a victim that would come to the blackboard and from the corner of my eye I could see Joon being super excited to finally show off his knowledge by probably giving his own body as an example.

It was around that time that the guy in front of me plopped down a paper on my desk. i looked at it curiously but did not touch it. I then let my eyes wander over the nicely written name on the paper: Kibum. I looked around the classroom before slowly opening it.

I am not gonna lie: I guessed who wrote it to me. And you probably did too. i only knew two people and one of them was to busy trying to gather up some courage to raise his hand. 

"Wanna walk home together... My home that is."

I looked up and to my delight found him looking at me. That meant that I didn't have to reply it.

I nodded and even made sure that it wasn't curt but actually visible to the guy all the way across the classroom. Minho smiled and looked back at the teacher when she called his name and asked him something about the types of muscles.

I didn't get what he answered as I found myself mesmerized by his voice. Before he only talked to me once and the only thing he managed to croak out was my name plus I was too shocked to notice how deep and soothing his voice was.

I know when people are attractive - I do. But good looks would never make me attracted to the person himself. But voices are a whole differnt thing. if you have a nice voice, it's plus 100 points from me.

And Minho had a very charming voice. It was deep enough to take my breath away but not too low for me to think of the creepy guy that used to live right next to us back in Daegu.

The teacher thanked Minho for his correct answer and sat down. Joon looked slightly dissapointed that he didn't have the chance to answer but there was definetely determination in his eyes telling me that he was going to get the next question right. 

Unfortunately for him the bell rang and even the teacher seemed to be excited to leave this building. I gathered my stuff as always slowly. taking the time to fit everything perfectly into my bag.

"Kibum?" - Joon called me over. i let out a 'hmm' to show him I was listening and he continued. - "Yaemin wondered if you wanted to watch our soccer practice." - I signed. i didn't get the fluffy boy but he was sure persistent. - "Oh, and he won't take 'no' for an answer." - Joon smiled a goofy grin and I tried to come up with a decent excuse. And my imagination was rather slow today.

"Sorry, but Key is hanging out with me today" - I turned around only to come face-to-face - scratch that - face-to-chest with Minho. Joon's eyes widened in surprise but he quickly regained his composure.

"Key?" 

"That's his nickname." - Wow, Minho sounded like a scientist who knew everything about me.

"Oh..... Well, I'll tell Taemin that you.... can't make it cause you are hanging out with..... Minho?" - Minho nodded and I was slightly surprised that Joon wasn't sure about a name of his classmate. Although who am I to jusge.

My right hand gripped my left arm where not long ago the proud word "Jonghyun' was engraved on the skin. 

"Well, Kib- I mean Key, I'll see you later" - And Joon started walking away. The image of a sad Taemin suddenly appeared in my head and I did something unexpected.

"Tell Taemin I will come tomorrow to both the morning and the afternoon one!" - Joon turned around in surprise and I could see that he was trying to digest what he had just heard. Then he broke into a grin.

"Sure, Key" - And he was gone.

I turned to face Minho who was staring at the door where Joon not so long ago dissappeared.

"Shall we leave?" - I asked. He just nodded and started walking away with me following behind.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Taemin's POV

"Bwo?!?" - I looked at joon in surprise - "He can't come cause he is hanging out..... with whom?"

"Choi Minho. He is in my Korean lit and bio class." - I shook my head clearly stating that I have no clue who he was talking about. - "Tall guy.... Big eyes..." - I continued shaking my head.

Suddenly Jonghyun who was keeping quiet the whole after having the courtesy to actually not skip school piped in.

"Isn't he the guy who was kicked of the basketball team?" - Joon thought for a while and then nodded eagerly.

"Choi Minho? That does dound like right!" - Onew rubbed his chin.

"You're right!!! He is the one that got into a fight during the match!!! Oh, I forgot about that...... Was that last year?" - Jonghyun nodded.

"Why did he get into a fight?" - I curiously asked. Both jonghyun and Joon shrigged their shoulders while Onew looked at the soccer ball at his feet and I tsked loudly.

Suddenly Joon brightened up.

"Oh! Almost forgot. Kibum promised to come to both of the practices tomorrow." - I smiled widely.

"Really? You should have mentioned that first!" - I smiled like an idiot hoping that Kinbum-hyung would keep his promise. Jonghyun eyed me suspiciously.

"Oh, and also, call him Key - he likes that name better." - i looked at Joon.

"Key? Key?" - I tried the name a few times before smiling - "I like the ring of it."

'Why are you so interested in the boy?" - Jonghyun looked at me with those piercing eyes and I put on my most innocent expression.

"He has a cute face, a gorgeous body and a nice personality. Do you really have to ask why I am interested?" - Jonghyun signed. - "besides I have been single for quite a while now. And I am lonely." - I pouted and Jonghyun shot me a glare while Onew chuckled.

"Just don't.... mess the boy up, k?" - I haven't seen jonghyun this serious in a while. It kinda made me lose my confidence for a while. But I quickly regained it.

"Don't worry, hyung. I'll play nice. - Jonghyun stared at me for a while before finally nodding and retreating to the changing room leaving the three of us on the field.

Whe the dino was out of sight I let out a snort.

"What's up with him?" - I asked and Onew shrugged. - "Suddenly being all serious...... Plus it's not up to him to decide what i should do with Key-hyung.'

Suddenly joon spoke up.

"No..... really, Taemin - don't mess with Key.....Especially If Jonghyun says so." - I looked at Joon but his eyes were glued to the floor.

I signed.

It felt like Joon knew something i didn't.

________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hey, sup guys! Sorry for not updating in a while. Been busy for a while. I hope you can forgive me.

My "shift" key is working terribly..... T_T But I am probably the only one who cares....... double T_T......

Anyway, I should probably edit all of my chapters.... I have noticed around 2000 mistakes in all of my chapters and I am no proud of that.... Not at all.

Don't ask me about the random pic of Taemin.... I just felt like putting up that picture for no apparent reason..... I am just a..... Weirdo.