Friends

The Mission of Love

(Noone's POV)

It was true, Youngbae was Jiyong's colleague. However, since their line of work was not very ordinary, they had to trust each other from the first day they met. They were partners-in-crime, constantly looking out for each other. Which meant that they spent almost every day together. Which also meant that there was plenty of time to develop feelings for one another.


"Jiyong.. Mianhae." Youngbae hung his head in shame. The self-hating shame of hurting a loved one.

Jiyong's cold expression softened and he cupped Youngbae's chin, forcing him to make eye contact.

"It was either me or you." Jiyong rubbed his calloused thumb across Youngbae's cheek. That's what friends were for. 

Youngbae frowned at Ji's reply, but said no more. He opened his coat and pulled out a sealed envelope. He was about to it into Ji's hand but hesistated. "What's wrong? Is that for me?" Ji raised his hand slowly, curious about the contents of the envelope. Before Ji could take it, Youngbae quickly stuffed it back into his coat.

"You're not fully healed yet, look at you!" Youngbae let out a long sigh. "Your health comes first."

"Wha- What? Since when did that matter?" Ji protested loudly. The long weeks in the hospital didn't dampen his fire for action. He was itchy to get back into the field. 

"Don't make me nag." Youngbae raised his eyebrows, preparing to start his nagging.

"Arasseo, arasseo. I'll see that envelope in a few days then." Ji grumbled.


Seungri was standing outside obediently, when a nurse approached him.

"Seungri-ssi, your medical record looks great! You will probably be dischard tomorrow." The nurse smiled brightly, then left.

"So soon?" Seungri mumbled to himself. "Jiyong hyung might get bored without me. Well, unless that boyfriend of his comes again." Seungri rolled his eyes at the thought.

"What's taking them so long anyway, I bet they're making out." Seungri slowly reached for the door handle when the door suddenly swung open. An expressionless Youngbae stepped out and glanced at Seungri.

"Why? Jealous?" Youngbae smirked and left, leaving a speechless and very flustered Seungri behind. 


For the rest of the day, Seungri tried his best to bring laughter, to the usually stoic Jiyong. He danced, sang and even tried his aegyo on Jiyong. 

"I'm going to miss you hyung!" Seungri sniffled, while packing his belongings. "I'll visit, I promise!" 

Seungri stole a quick hug from Jiyong, despite him wiggling away from the nauseating affection, and left.

"That's one promise I hope never gets broken."