He's an Angel

Exo's Curse

 

The bell went off for lunch and everyone quickly got out of their seats and stretched their sore limbs. 

Tao was immediately dragged out of the class by Xiumin and Luhan with Kris, Lay, and Chen following behind. It wasn't a surprised when they eventually collided with someone in the hallway.

"Kyungsoo hyung, I told you to slow down." Kai helped Kyungsoo get up, but Tao, who was suspicious of a certain someone, quickly slapped Kai's hand away from Kyungsoo and dusted his friend.

"Kyungsoo hyung, I don't like that guy," Tao pouted while pointing at Kai, who's eyes widened almost like the size of Kyungsoo's own ones.

"Whaaaat? How could anyone not like me? I'm perfect!" Kai said as he threw his hands up in the air, hitting Suho in the face.

"Ugh, I think my nose is bleeding." Suho touched his nose and his eyes widened when he saw blood. Lay went over and helped wipe the blood with his handkerchief.   

"Ah! Blood!" Luhan screeched upon seeing the bloody handkerchief. He turned to the person next to him and it turned out to be Sehun. Luhan innocently hugged the boy, but Sehun pushed him away when some girls passed by. 

"Hyung, people are watching." Everyone turned their head towards Sehun and looked at him in awe.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I acted without thinking." Luhan stepped away from Sehun and started to walk away, hiding his face from everyone. 

"Sehun! Look what you did!" Baekhyun shouted at the younger. He made a dash to Luhan and comfortingly, patted his back. Chanyeol wanted to erase the image of Baekhyun touching someone else, but he knew he couldn't. So he just looked away.

"Uhm guys, can we go now? I'm starving." Xiumin said. Everyone eventually agreed and proceed to the cafeteria.

"You're so impatient, hyung," Chen said as he linked his arms with Xiumin and lead the way, with the other's pink cheeks.

 

Everyone else was already sitting down when Tao finally finished getting his lunch from the line. He self-consciously walked to the large table with every pairs of eyes following him.

He suddenly tripped over something, making him fall to the floor and on his lunch. 'Guess people are as immature as always.' Tao thought in his head as he deeply sighed. The whole place erupted into laughter. Everyone laughed except his friends and Kris, who suddenly stood up.

Everyone watched in silence as Kris menacingly walked over to the suspect's table. He looked at the guy who tripped his precious Tao and also stained his clothes. He grabbed him by the collar and pulled him up. The guy froze when he met Kris's eyes, it was filled with hate and anger and it looked like it could burn his soul.

Kris smirked at the guy's reaction and tightened his grip on the other's collar, almost choking from him. The guy started to struggle, but he just looked like a fish caught in a net.

"Kris! Let go of him!" Tao shouted when he saw the other guy's face turning pale from the lack of oxygen. Kris hesitated before obeying and harshly throwing the guy to the floor.

"Ha! He's just a wimp after all, their both the same," the guy said as he stood up, not expecting the next thing that was about to happen to him.

Kris was finished suppressing his other self, it's been a while since he'd let it out. Plus, this guy was just asking for it, no one insults him or his Tao. 

Without wasting another second, Kris turned the guy around and his fist finally connected with the jerk's face. That hard punch immediately caused blood to drip from the guy's nose and he stumbled backwards. Kris didn't wait for the other to regain his balance and kicked the other's abdomen, knocking out air from his lungs and causing him to bend down. The guy sent a blind punch to Kris, but Kris simply dodged and counterattacked with a powerful blow to the guy's face, finally making him fall.

Kris wasn't thinking anymore when he got on top of him and continuously sent punch after punch to the guy's face, making it almost unrecognizable. All Kris could feel was adrenaline rushing through his body.  

No one stopped him, too afraid to get hurt while doing so. Tao was screaming for Kris to stop, but his voice was clouded over by everyone else's shouting. His friends tried to get closer to Kris, but it was hard with everyone else pushing each other, trying to get a view of the fight.

When Kris finally heard Tao's voice, he froze midway into sending another punch. He looked over to Tao, who's face was covered with tears and the sight broke his heart. The last thing he wanted was to see Tao cry, because it meant that he was hurt, he didn't care about the guy below him who was shockingly still alive. Kris quickly went over to Tao and cupped his face. The other slapped it away and continued to sob.

"Tao, I'm sorry," Kris sincerely said. Tao finally looked at the other's eyes. The glare the other gave him pierced his soul. Before any word was said, Tao fled the cafeteria with Kyungsoo following behind.

Kris ran after them, but Suho stopped him.

"You should give him some time, for now."

 

Tao couldn't even see where he was going, he just wanted to get away from Kris. It's not that he was scared of him or he hated him. No, it was because he didn't want to talk to Kris right now, he felt unstable and they would just end up fighting.

Soon, he found the restroom and went inside. He let himself slide down the wall and continued to sob in his hands.

Kyungsoo suddenly lost sight of Tao. That was until, he heard crying inside the restroom and found him sitting on the floor with his knees to his chest and not trying to hide the loud sobs from escaping. Kyungsoo knelt next to the emotional wreck and slowly pulled the boy closer to him. Tao gripped to the older's shirt and leaned closer.

"Tao?" Kyungsoo spoke after the long silence. Tao had finally stopped crying, but refused to detach from the other.

"Hm?"

"You know Kris only did that because he hates it when others bully you, right?"

"Yeah, I know, but I'm not a kid. I can fight for myself."

"Can you really?" Kyungsoo craned his neck to look at Tao.

"Of course I can!....... He'll get in trouble, wouldn't he?"

"They'll either suspend him or kick him out of school."

"What?!" Tao finally looked up at Kyungsoo in disbelief.

"It's up to the school, if they want to kick him out and lose one of their best basketball player."

"So Kris would just be suspended right?" Tao hopefully asked. Its not the best choice but it was better than getting kicked out. Kyungsoo helped the other get up and gently wiped Tao's face.

"Let's not jump to conclusions yet." Kyungsoo laced his his fingers with Tao and guided the way, like how a mother would take her kid's hand before crossing the road.

Kai watched from afar as Kyungsoo and Tao walked out of the bathroom together, while holding hands. He was worried about the two because lunch was finished and they weren't back yet. But when he spotted them, all his worries were replaced by jealousy.

Kai had always felt an attraction to Kyungsoo, ever since their first class together in middle school. Kyungsoo was always teased by other students and Kai was always the one to teach them a lesson, behind Kyungsoo's back. So naturally, the wide-eyed boy never knew his guardian angel and Kai never had the guts to talk to Kyungsoo since the basketball practice a while back. Resulting in Kyungsoo, oblivious about Kai's harboring feelings.  

Kyungsoo never expected Kai to be there when he pecked Tao's forehead. It was simply a motherly kiss, but to Kai, it looked very intimate. He wanted to ruin their moment and take Kyungsoo away, but considering Tao's situation, the boy needed his best friend at the moment. Kai hesitated a little bit more, but eventually deciding to leave unnoticed and depressed.  

"Tao, you should head back to class now. Lunch is probably finished already," Kyungsoo suggested.

"O-ok..." Tao reluctantly said. Kyungsoo embraced the taller one last time and let go.

"Don't worry too much, okay?" Kyungsoo said as he looked back. Tao flashed him a smile and waved goodbye.

The smile eventually disappeared when he saw the assistant principal escorting Kris to the principal's office.  

 

 

 

 

 

 

author's note:

*sigh* Taoris and Kaisoo yeah..... tune in for more drama lol Anyways... woah! the subbies O.O Thank You for reading and I hope I don't dissapoint with this chapter and the following ones. ;) Maraming salamat po sa inyong lahat, thank you very much to everyone! hehehe