The Basketball Practice

Exo's Curse

 

 

"Hey guys, I'm here!" Chanyeol cheerfully waved at his friends who were clearly pissed at him for being late for their basketball practice. When Chanyeol saw their reactions he slowly hid behind Baekhyun who is walking next to him.

"Where the hell were you?" Kai asked steam coming out of his ears. Kai may be popular, but he gives the cold shoulder to anyone who approach him with the exception of his friends, who are used to his arrogant attitude. But what he hates the most is waiting, especially when it comes to playing basketball.

"My teacher made me go to detention for being late for class." Chanyeol weakly answered afraid that Kai might hurt him, which he looked like he would.

"Kai let it go, at least he's here. Let's just get this practice over with." Kris tried calming Kai down, which surprisingly worked.   

"Wait, I thought it was a game." Sehun said completely confused.

"No, today's just practice, people are just saying it's a game." Kai said annoyed that people are making a big deal out of it. He finally calmed down after what Kris said earlier. He doesn't want to have a fight with Kris now. Never again. The first and last time they fought was because Kai couldn't accept that someone had beaten him in basketball and he decided to get revenge by fighting Kris. Which he ended up losing and got beaten up instead. That was also the time that they became friends and started playing basketball together and soon joined the basketball team. 

"Well, since everything is okay, can we go now?" Chanyeol suggested earning an icy glare from Kai.

"Just don't let this happen again," Kai finally gave up and forgave the childish Chanyeol who gave him a creepy smile. After everything was settled they all headed to the basketball court to.

When they reached the court they were amazed at how many people came just to watch them practice. Well, except for Kris who was busy searching the crowd for a certain someone, but of course he wouldn't be there. So he decided to give up and made his way to the outside court and soon the others followed behind him.

"By the way where's Suho hyung?" Sehun asked while dribbling the ball then taking a shot and scored. Everyone suddenly realized that the oldest and the worst player of them all, was not there. Suho is the only one that is not on the basketball team that is in their circle of friends. Instead, he is on the literary club, science club, math club and others.

"He's probably still in math club." Kai said while stealing the ball from Chanyeol with a smirk on his face, which earned screams from the girls who were watching the intense practice. Just then Suho entered the court from nowhere and ran up to the guys playing, but stopped when they saw Suho.

"Hey, you guys started without me?" Suho bent down to tie his shoelace, then he looked up expecting an answer from anybody.   

"Of course. We thought you had some club to go to today." Kris said passing the ball to Suho when he stood up, indicating he join them and he did.

"Well I skipped just for today, aren't you guys happy to see me?" Suho said with an angelic smile which caused the girls to faint everywhere.

"We are!" answered Chanyeol and Sehun who hugged him. Just then Sehun spotted a familiar person in the crown and blushed remembering the incident earlier the day.

"What's wrong Sehun. Are you okay?" Suho asked concerned that Sehun is suddenly red. From the side of the court, Luhan who was with Chen watching the them the whole time, also saw Sehun's reaction and looked down at his shoes.

"So it IS Sehun." Chen was finally convinced because of the other's reaction after seeing Sehun look at him. Luhan shyly nodded and from now and then taking a glance at Sehun who seemed to do the same thing. 

 

The other guys are still playing eventhough most of the students that came to watch had already left. Xiumin and Lay are also still there only because they are talking to one of Lay's other friend, Kyungsoo. Lay decided to introduce Xiumin to Kyungsoo and the three are now heading to share a warm coffee at the nearest shop. Then suddenly a basketball flew and hit Lay right on the face and he fell back unconscious.

"Oh my god, Suho hyung look what did!" Sehun exclaimed and ran over to the unconscious boy and his friends. Soon, the other students that are still left crowded around to check if the boy is okay.

"I'm so sorry!" Suho said as if the boy can hear him. "I'll take him to the clinic since its my fault." Then he suddenly carried Lay bridal style and headed to the clinic inside the school. Everybody keeping their eyes on the two. 

"Wait, I wanna co-" Kyungsoo suddenly tripped on a rock and fell right on his face. It hurt him really bad, but he would be more embarrassed if anybody saw. Good thing nobody witnessed the scene... except for Kai who was standing there laughing his off. Kyungsoo heard the laughter and suddenly stood up scaring the other. Kai was just about to offer his hands, but pulled away to avoid bumping into Kyungsoo's head. 

"I'm sorry for laughing," Kai said but still grinning at how childish the guy looked covering his face with his hands. Kyungsoo was too embarrassed to face the other so he wanted to run away and never see the withness again and off he went. Kai who saw the other flee suddenly persued to check if the other was okay. Being the athlete that he was, he caught up to Kyungsoo and turned him around. Now Kai can see the stranger's face and was shocked to see someone familiar. Kyungsoo also had the same expression, but his face turned red knowing exactly who he was, Kai, the guy that most girls wanted to date and would kill anyone who touches him.

"Kyungsoo, right? We have homeroom together." Kai said dusting off the dirt from the other's clothes. Kyungsoo who was surprised at Kai's sudden action slapped his hand away, afraid that the girls that like him would come after him. Kai saw Kyungsoo's scared expression simply laughed at it. Then, Kyungsoo saw that Kai's attractive smile and knew why the girls liked him and even some guys! The earlier incident suddenly flashed back into Kyungsoo's mind causing him to blush, which Kai thought was extremely cute and reached out to pinch his soft cheeks.

"You're cute," Kai complemented with a smile, which made Kyungsoo's heart flutter.        

 

~Meanwhile~

 

Kris, Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Sehun, Luhan, Chen, and Xiumin who are witnessing the whole Kaisoo scene are now frozen, not knowing what to do. Kai's friends had never seen him act that way towards anybody. So, they just turned around pretending that they didn't see anything. They figured that if they butted in, they would just ruin the lovey dovey moment the two are having.

"I'll... just leave." Kris finally said and started walking away.

"Us too. Come on Baekhyun." Chanyeol said hesitantly grabing Baekhyun's hand and they too walked away. 

"Hey, Luhan hyung, as an apology from earlier. Um... d-do y-you want t-to..."

"Sure let's get something to eat!" Luhan finished Sehun's sentence. "How about you, Chen?"

"Since Xiumin just moved here, I'll show him around a bit." Chen said as he looked at Xiumin if he's okay with the plan.

"Sure!" Xiumin said cheerfully and then they all left for their date

 

 

 

Did everyone have a nice Christmas? Well I did :) I got a panda phone case!!! I love it sooo much! 'Cause i love Tao pandas lol Anyway thanks to everyone who subscribe and read this story and again feel free to comment~ Thanks for reading, till next time, farewell!!! :D