Xiumin's Fresh Start

Exo's Curse

'My first day. I hope it goes well!' Xiumin excitedly thought. He is standing at the front gate of the school, hesitating of this was the right time to go inside.

Xiumin had just moved from China to Korea and is still getting used to it. He is half Korean and half Chinese. His family had lived in China their whole lives, but when his grandma requested or more like demanded, that they move to Korea, the family had no choice but to obey her. They didn't want to their grandma to grieve over her husband's death even more than she's already had. It had always been their dear grandpa's dream to move to Korea, but they had never done so, until now. Eventhough, he is not with them anymore, at least they wanted to grant his one last wish. Xiumin admired how long his grandparent's love has lasted and wondered if he will be like that in the future too.

Suddenly, his thoughts were interruped by a long honk and saw a car pass by.Then another one running towards him, but just in time, a guy pushed him aside. But to his luck, he fell at a puddle of water, soaking his clothes. Xiumin looked up at the boy who saved him, but also pushed him to the puddle and was surprised to see him laughing out loud.

"Why are you laughing? It's not funny!" Xiumin exclaimed, still in the puddle waiting for the boy to help him up. The guy offered his hand.

"Hehe. You look like a soggy steamed bun!" the guy said pulling Xiumin up who turned red at the comment.

"Excuse me! But I am not a steamed bun and it would be nice if you could show me where the restroom is, it's a little embarrasing looking like this at my first day." Xiumin said. The guy immediately turned into a gentleman and escorted Xiumin inside the school, but not before giving a slight bow.

"Oh! If you don't have an extra uniform, I could get mine, it's just over there." The boy pointed to the row of lockers located at the side of the hallway.

"Sure," Xiumin said heading to the sink where he could get cleaned up while the guy was walking to his locker and opening it.

Soon, the same guy returned and gave him a bag which contained a neatly folded uniform. Xiumin grabbed the bag and immediately ran to one of the bathroom stalls shivering because of the cold.

When Xiumin was done he looked around if the guy is still there, but he was nowhere in sight, so he took one final look at the mirror and headed out. When he opened the door he saw the same guy, who gave him the uniform, and said, "You're finally done, where's your class?"

Xiumin looked at him confusedly and tried to remember the room number that he doesn't know because he hadn't recieved his class schedule yet.

"You said its your first day, you probably need to go to the principal's office first and get your class schedule. Do you know where it is?" the boy asked looking like he knows the answer already but still making sure because he is obviously late for his class and the bell rang five minutes ago.

"No but I can find it myself. You already helped me so much today and by the way thank you." Xiumin said giving his best smile to the boy and the boy secretly blushed.

"No p-problem. I-I'll show you w-where it is, it's a pretty big school and its close anyway......" the boy said slightly stuttering and scratching his unitchy neck.

"Uhm ok." Xiumin said slightly blushing seeing the boy embarrased and somehow found it cute....

Then they started walking down the hall with an awkward tension in the air. Xiumin finally decided break it and asked, "I don't know your name yet."

"It's Jongdae, but most people call me Chen." Chen said, his confidence suddenly returning.

"I'm Minseok, but I'm used to Xiumin so you can call me that," Xiumin said while he stopped walking and offered a handshake, which Chen shyly returned. Xiumin was now much happier and lightly walked ahead of Chen, who is now more nervious than before.