Someone To Talk To

The Lover's Diary

When I woke up the next morning, my eyes were all swollen and I hardly even had the energy to get out of bed. But thank goodness it was Saturday; thank goodness that I wouldn't have to walk into school like this.

I slowly descended the stairs and my omma peaked out from the kitchen.

"I'm sorry, omma," I apologized. I put her through so much pain last night and I felt so guilty.

Omma came over and gave me a warm hug. "It's okay, Sunye-ah. I know you didn't mean to."

I started to cry in her arms. I apologized over and over but my voice was muffled on her shoulder. My omma my hair, waiting patiently for my sobbing to cease. "I'm such a bad daughter..." I said into her shoulder. It was so quiet and muffled; I didn't know if she heard it, but she did.

"Don't say that. You're not," she told me, still my hair.

After a few minutes, I lifted my head from her shoulder and looked my omma straight in the eye and smiled, assuring her that I was truly going to be alright. My omma in return gave me a nod.

I headed upstairs and noticed for the first time the untouched dinner my omma had left for me last night. I could only imagine how much pain she was in yesterday...

I entered my room and laid on my bed. I felt like doing nothing today. I sat up and saw my phone on my desk.

"Did he..." I flipped open my phone and he did. Donghae oppa sent me seven text messages and tried calling me 18 times. "But I didn't hear any ringtone..." I told myself. "Oh, it's on silent..."

I'm sorry, oppa...

====================================================================

Leeteuk hyung and I were sitting in the cafe getting lunch, but I wasn't in the mood this morning. And hyung saw that.

"What's wrong, fishy?" he asked.

"I don't know. Just thinking." I couldn't get what happened yesterday out of my head. Sunye... I know something was up.

"How did the movie date go?" he asked curiously.

I looked up. "Let's not even mention it."

"Oh, c'mon, please?" he pleaded.

"She would not let go of my arm, hyung..." And that was a fact.

"Ha ha. Poor you." I can't believe he was laughing at me.

"But, hyung..." I said seriously. He looked at me with strong eyes. "I think there's something wrong with Sunye. She's not answering my calls or texts. She always does."

"She didn't talk to you about it? She'll be fine-"

"Hyung. She was walking by herself around my neighborhood. Alone."

Leeteuk hyung looked at me seriously. "Why? Do you know?" He sounded worried.

"No, I tried asking her but she wouldn't talk. She was really flustered, too."

"Just wait it out a little. Don't go to her, let her come to us."

"I don't even know if I can do that- Oh!" My phone began ringing. It was Sunye's omma.

====================================================================

I sat there listening to Donghae speak on the phone with Sunye's omma. His voice was lost and frantic while he spoke with her. I kept wondering, 'Should I tell Donghae now? Today? Or should I wait until things cool down with Sunye...' I mean, Donghae is really upset right now. Maybe I will tell him some other time...

"Alright. Thanks, Mrs. Min. What? Oh, yeah, he's right here." Donghae handed me the phone.

"Hello?"

"Leeteuk-ah, I'm very worried about Sunye. By any chance would you know what's wrong with her?" Mrs. Min asked worriedly.

"No, I'm sorry, Mrs. Min. I don't know. I only saw her at school and she seemed fine... She didn't?... Alright... I will.... You're welcome.... Bye." I hung up the phone and handed it back to Donghae.

Donghae took the phone and stared at it. "She didn't eat dinner last night..."

I nodded my head.

"I have to go see her." Donghae got up from his seat but I grabbed him.

"Donghae, you're just going to make it worse if she's not ready to talk yet," I told him.

"Hyung, she's not answering my calls! You try calling her..." Donghae pleaded.

"Alright..." I took out my phone and dialed. I knew she wasn't going to pick up; it already rung at least seven times. But then...

"Hello?" a weak voice said.

"Sunye?" I asked. Donghae looked at me with wide eyes. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I am..." Hearing her voice like that pained me.

"Sunye-ah, Donghae is very worried about you. Why aren't you picking up his calls? Why aren't you answering his texts?"

She didn't respond.

"I'm gonna let him talk to you now, ok-"

"No, oppa. I can't. I'm kind of busy now. I'll talk to you later. Bye." She hung up. I turned my head to Donghae who looked like he'd been crushed.

"...I'm sorry..." I told him.

He shook his head.

====================================================================

"I'm sorry, Leeteuk oppa... I'm sorry Donghae oppa..." I threw my phone down on my bed. I felt tears coming up again but swallowed them down.

There wasn't any use just sitting here all day. After I calmed down a bit, I went downstairs and told my omma that I was going to take a walk around town. I couldn't talk to Ye Eun because she was at practice again; weekend practices are usually really long.

I wandered around town in hopes of it getting my mind off of what happened. I wondered, 'What was I going to do? I can't be around Donghae oppa anymore... At least I still have Leeteuk oppa.'

My head was down as I walked. I wasn't watching where I was going and evidently bumped into someone.

"Oh, I'm sorry," I said. I looked up but my eyes didn't quite make it to the person's face. I bowed and then was about to walked away.

"Noona?" I heard the person say.

I looked up at the person's face. "Kyuhyun?"

"Are you okay?" he asked me. "Your eyes are really red."

"I'm fine, Kyuhyun. Don't worry about me," I replied back as sincerely as I could.

"Noona, I know I'm not as close to you as Donghae hyung and Leeteuk hyung are, but I've known you for a long time and you can always come to me for anything, too. I just wanted to tell you that." I have known Kyuhyun for a long time, actually. I met him in 8th grade since my father worked with his. It was a day where the employees could bring their child in for the day and that's where I met him. At first he was really shy but after eating some ice cream together, we became really good friends.

"Thank you, Kyuhyun. I will. Thank you." I began walking away but then thought about it. Kyuhyun is a very good listener and he wouldn't tell me anything cliché; he'd just tell me what he thinks straight up; I need to talk to someone like him. I turned around and called him. "Kyuhyun-ah!"

He turned around.

"CAN we talk?"

===================================================================

Kyuhyun and I walked to the park and sat on a bench which was shaded by a tree. The breeze that came by was nice and it cooled my body down a little bit; it was just what I needed.

"You're not busy are you?" I asked Kyuhyun. "I kind of forgot to ask you before we came here."

"No, don't worry about it. I'm not busy at all," he replied. "What did you want to talk about?"

I looked down. "I'm not really sure... So many things?"

"Well, I have all day," he chuckled.

It took me a few minutes until I felt like talking. I looked around the park field and watched the kids playing. Watching them reminded me of how I love children and how I've always wanted to be a mother. It brought a smile to my face. It took my mind off of Donghae oppa and Gyuri for a little while; yet my mind, for some reason, is always lead back to that memory.

"Kyuhyun-ah," I said.

From the corner of my eye I saw him look at me. "Hm?"

"Has someone that you're close to ever been taken away from you?" I was looking at him now.

"Um..."

"Oh, I'm sorry. You don't have to answer that if you don't want to. That was careless of me to ask such a question."

"No, it's okay. But actually, there has been," he responded.

"You don't-"

"No, it's fine. It wasn't that drastic, though. We were entering 6th grade and suddenly, without telling me, my best friend Sungmin moved away. He was the only friend I had at that time, too. I still don't know where he is and what he's doing til this day."

"I'm sorry, Kyuhyun."

"It's okay, it's not your fault. I didn't even know you then."

"But still, you must have been devastated. You were so young..."

"Nah, don't worry about it. It's okay. I've made new friends and I'm even more happy now than I was back then."

I never knew this about Kyuhyun. Having a friend leave you... I know exactly how he feels. "I've also had a friend taken away from me," I said.

"Really?"

"Yeah. He was like an older brother to me; maybe more..." I began tearing up.

"Noona. It's okay," he tried to comfort me.

"Kyuhyun-ah... You have to help me..."

====================================================================

I told Kyuhyun everything that happened yesterday; every little detail, everything Gyuri told me. Kyuhyun was listening intently at what I was saying; it was nice to just let it all loose.

"She really said that to you?" he asked.

"Yeah... But please! You can't tell anyone else!"

"Noona, Donghae hyung should know about this. You know.. he.... He should just know."

"Gyuri will ruin Ye Eun... And she wants oppa so badly. If oppa finds out she did this, he'll reject her and..... yeah..."

"So, you're won't talk to hyung ever again?"

I shook my head.

"That's crazy. How about just talking in secret? Gyuri won't know."

"I'd have to lie to him, I'd have to avoid him during school... It's better if I just let go of our friendship altogether. It's best for him...."

"What are you saying, noona? He'd be even more hurt if you do that. I mean, if I were him, I'd rather you lie to me everyday than us not being friends ever again."

"Really?"

"Yeah. Gyuri isn't in the same class as you. She can't know, anyways."

"That's right. Thank you, Kyuhyun."

"No problem, noona. Just call me if you need to talk again," he smiled.

"I will."

******************************************************************

Even when the world seems like it's crashing down on me, there's always someone to help me back up.

******************************************************************

Sorry for the late update.
My eyesight is getting more worse than it already is, so this means I'm going to have to hand write my chapters instead of typing them as I go along. It'll take me longer to update, too T_T

This chapter is really short, too, but the next chapter will be better, I promise.

Please comment ^^

06.30.10