Gyuri's True Intentions

The Lover's Diary

I was angry. "I want Donghae."

"Gyuri..."

Furious. "I WANT him, Jung Ah. But he only looks at Sunye."

"Well, what do you want to do then?"

Crazy. "She needs to go. Break them apart. That's the only way."

"That's almost impossible. They've been friends for, like, ever."

Blind. "Who cares. Any friendship, no matter how strong, can be broken."

"Shouldn't we take our time with this?"

In love. "No, I NEED him. Right NOW."

I was angry. Furious. Crazy. Blind. In love. But I don't care. I want him... like a drug needs a victim.

====================================================================

It was unexpectedly warm in Seoul even though it was nearing Autumn. I didn't realize so many people would sit outside like we would. Though it was really loud, it beats just sitting inside.

It was just Donghae oppa, Leeteuk oppa, and I today. Ye Eun had to skip school today for practice. She's usually the kind that doesn't skip school unless it's for something really, really important, and I guess it's just THAT important.

"It's for her training, right?" Donghae oppa asked.

"Mmhm. It's gonna be pretty soon. Ahh!" I squealed. "I'm so excited! ... But you know what?"

"Hm?" They both turned to look at me.

"Antifans.... Netizens.... I don't want her to be hurt."

"Don't worry, Sunye-ah! When I become a radio host, I'll tell all those antis to back off!"

"Thanks, oppa," I smiled.

"And I'll take the most beautiful pictures of her!" Donghae oppa chimed in. My oppas are the best.

We were just sitting on the grass under the big oak tree when we heard the scuffling of someones feet on grass coming towards us. It was Gyuri.

"May I join in your group?" she asked us all nicely. It was really random, too.

We looked at one another for approval but we'd feel bad if we said 'no'.

"Sure," I said.

She sat down between Donghae and I which kind of forced me to move over a little bit. Actually, we all scooted around a little to accommodate her.

"I'm sorry I interrupted you like this. Jung Ah isn't here today and I didn't really have anyone else to sit with."

"It's okay. Ye Eun's not here either. We have room," I told her.

"Mm hm~. Is that so." Gyuri gave me a kind of 'I know, I can see' look. She quickly turned to Donghae. "How is your day going so far, oppa?" she asked sweetly.

"It's fine," he answered simply. "Yours?" Donghae oppa took a bite of his sandwich.

"It's the best now that I'm here eating with you, oppa.~" She linked her arms into his and lay with her head on his shoulder. I could tell by oppa's expression that he was a little taken aback by this. He looked at Leeteuk oppa and me confusedly. "Am I bothering you?" Gyuri asked, her eyes looking up at him. We all know she is, but oppa is just way too nice to say otherwise.

"No, it's fine," he replied. He just continued to eat his sandwich in obvious stiffness. Either Gyuri doesn't care about making oppa uncomfortable or she's just really desperate...

"Oppa, can you still come with me to watch that movie?" was said suddenly.

"It's still in theaters?"

"Just for a few more days..." she pouted.

Donghae oppa glanced at me and I gave him a smile of approval. He doesn't need to ask for my permission to hang out with someone. I don't know what he's thinking... "Alright, I'll go with you," he replied.

Gyuri's head shot up with wide eyes staring into oppa's. Donghae oppa looked startled. "R-really? You'll go with me?" Gyuri seemed really surprised for some reason.

"Yeah. You already asked twice. It would be awfully mean of me to turn you down twice, wouldn't it?"

"Thank you so much, oppa!!" She gave him a hug. "It'll be the most fun night you'll ever have!"

"Night?" I think oppa thought they were going to see it after school like she asked last time.

"Oh, yeah. Can we go to the night showing, please? I'm just feeling really... nocturnal these days." I heard a 'pftt' coming from Leeteuk.

"Okay, that's fine."

"Can you come pick me up at around 7 tomorrow?"

"Yeah, okay."

"Thanks, oppa! I'll see you later, okay? I have to meet with my teacher now." She got up and ran off without even saying goodbye to Leeteuk oppa and I.

"What a crude girl." I heard Leeteuk say. And I couldn't agree more with him. "Donghae-ah. Be careful around her."

"I know, hyung."

====================================================================

After lunch, we had two more hours of class and then a break. I hurried into the woman's restroom and called Ye Eun.

"Hello?"

"Ye Eunnie, how's the training? I'm not bothering you right now, am I?" I asked her excitedly over the phone.

"It's going really well! I nailed everything perfectly!"

"Really? Good job! I can't wait for your debut! Do you have a set date, yet?" I asked anxiously.

"It's not set, but it's definitely going to be sometime next year after graduation."

I squealed. "Oh my gosh! AHH!" But then I realized something. "Ye Eun-ah. Does this mean you have to skip more school days to prepare?"

"Maybe a few here and there but I know they won't make me miss a lot. After all, it's still my senior year."

"I hope so..." I looked around the restroom and the corner of my eye caught the clock; it was already time for class to restart. As much as I didn't want to go, I knew I had to. "Ye Eun-ah, I have to go. I'll talk to you later, okay?"

"Okay, bye," she said.

"Bye.~" I hung up the phone and hurried back to class before the bell rung. I have perfect attendance, you know, ha ha.

====================================================================

Donghae oppa offered to give me a ride home since Ye Eun wasn't here, but I told him it was okay. He lives all across the other side of town from me and I didn't want to burden him. I mean, it's not like it's THAT long of a walk home; just half an hour.

As I was walking home, I had this strange feeling. Have you ever had this feeling that someone is looking at you, but you never really wanted to turn around to look? That's this feeling that I'm getting right now. It's weird, today of all days, I'm feeling like this.

As I turned the corner, I quickly glanced to the side to see if anyone was there; there was no one. I breathed a sigh of relief and continued on my way home. But just as I was nearing the intersection, I saw a familiar face appear from the other corner; and she was looking straight at me.

"Oh, hi, Sunye," Gyuri said as she approached me.

I had a bad feeling about this. "Hi," I tried to say a nicely as I could.

"Can we talk?"

"Um, yeah, sure." I had no idea what she was doing.

"Oh, but um, not here." She turned her back to me and started walking across the intersection. Her hands were at her sides and I saw her fingers motioning me to follow her. I was quite scared about what was happening right now, but I decided to follow her anyways. I mean, all she wants to do it talk, right?

Gyuri led me to a quiet part of the city, away from the prominent city life. It was quite a long walk, but I guess if she really wanted to talk somewhere else...

We were now in a quiet suburban part of Seoul; it was really far from where I lived, too, but the placed looked so familiar for some reason...

She stopped suddenly.

"What did you want to talk to me about?" I asked, looking around.

She turned around to face me. "I like Donghae oppa." What she said startled me. I looked at her in confusion. We all know she likes him, but I didn't know why she was telling me this and why here.

"Oh... um," I had no idea how to respond to that.

"Do you care?" she asked.

"Well, I'm happy for you. You should go for it." Now I really have no idea what I'm saying. How is one supposed to respond to something like this?

"Yeah. Okay. I will go for it," she said smugly. She was about to walk away, but then stopped. "But there's a problem."

"What?"

"He looks at only you, did you know that?"

"Well, I mean, I've known him since I was seven-"

"No. I meant he ONLY looks at you. Only you." Gyuri sounded really angry.

"No, he doesn't-"

"YOU'RE SUCH AN IDIOT!"

I was taken aback by her. "Excuse me?" I said.

"... Nevermind..." She looked away and then back at me. "Well, anyways, stay away from oppa, okay?"

"Stay away? Why?"

"I can't get to oppa if you're there, now can I? You have to be out of the picture."

"Oppa doesn't like me like that; he's just really overprotective of me and that's it, Gyuri."

"No, I want you out of the picture completely, Sunye!" She was furious now.

"You can't make me! I'm not going to stop being friends with him because you want to be with him!"

"You're really not going to do as I say?" Gyuri was really hysterical now. "Ye Eun."

"What?"

"Ye Eun is going to debut next year, right?"

"What about it?" I was scared.

"If you aren't out of the picture soon, well, I guess Ye Eun will never have a happy debut."

"Excuse me?!" Now I was really angry. Where in the world was she going with this.

"My blog gets thousands of hits a day. Do you know how many people in this school will do as I say with just a blink of my eye? I will spread so many rumors about her that she just might want to die." She laughed conceitedly.

"You wouldn't dare..." I glared at her. My voice was quivering with anger.

"You don't believe me? You wouldn't want to take that chance to find out if I really will go through with it, now would you?"

I breathed out heavily and shook my head.

"Good, now we understand each other. Remember, stay out of the picture and no one gets hurt, okay?

I couldn't respond; I only nodded my head; my eayes still glaring at her.

"And don't you dare tell anyone about our little chat here... Especially Donghae oppa."

"Fine..." I said quietly, almost like a whisper.

"And no, I'm not the nice girl you thought I was." With the flick of her hair, she walked past me and laughed.

'No she is not.' I thought. I couldn't believe what just happened. I had no idea what I was going to do...

I guess the first step was just trying to get home. I looked around and wondered where I was. I had no idea which way to go; I was completely lost...

I wandered around for at least ten minutes before I realized I was even more lost than I already was. I was still so mad about what just happened. Who does she think she is? What do I have to do with her getting to oppa or not... I was so caught up in what just happened that I didn't even realize where I was; Donghae oppa lived around here.

"If I could find his house, I would be able to know the direction to get home," I told myself. "I hope Donghae won't see me."

Just as I said this, I saw a car drive around the corner two blocks ahead and driving in my direction. It was a sleek black Lamborghini. The windows were tinted so no one could see the interior, but I already knew who it was.

"Speak of the devil..."

The car stopped abruptly beside me and he stepped out, wearing nice casual clothes. He looked at me with worried eyes and his face full of confusion.

"Bunny, what are you doing here?" Donghae oppa asked.

"Oh, um. Nothing. Just walking around." I hated lying to him. He doesn't deserve my lying to him at all.

"Here? Bunny, you live on the other side of town. Why are you here?" He sounded very worried.

"It was a long walk," I smiled. I'm such a terrible person. "I-" I forgot that I'm not supposed to be talking to oppa at all.

"What?"

"Never mind, I have to go." I turned around quickly but oppa grabbed my arm.

"Why are you flustered? Is something wrong?" He felt my cheeks and forehead. "You're all warm," he said.

"Well, it is kind of warm out..."

"No... it's not, bunny..." Oppa was right. It was actually kind of cold. "Let me give you a ride home." He pulled me towards the other side of the car, but I resisted and pulled my arm away.

"It's fine, oppa. I can walk home. Have fun on your movie date." I turned away and waved him goodbye. I turned the corner quickly so he couldn't see the tears falling down my face. I'm the most heartless person in the world. I know Gyuri will be nice to oppa no matter what. She longs for him...

The whole walk back home I just couldn't get the broken look he had on his face as I walked away from him. I guess it would be best if I'm out of the picture. Out of his life.

====================================================================

"Sunye! Where have you been?" omma asked me as I walked through the front door with my head down. I got home about three hours late. I never even picked up the phone when she called me. "I thought something happened to you..." She grabbed my arms and I think she felt my shaking. "Omo, Sunye! What's wrong?" She lifted my head up and looked into my red eyes; I had been crying the whole walk home.

"I-it's n-n-nothing." My voice was quiet and quivering out of control. C'mon, Sunye. You promised appa you'd be strong; no more tears, remember? I tried my best not to cry, but it was so unbelievably hard...

Omma gave me a hug and assured me that if I wanted to talk about it then she'd always be there to talk to. That's one of the things that I loved about omma. She never pressures me to talk about any of my problems; she lets me come to her. Yoobin unnie is also like that, but... she already left for America...

"Thanks, omma. I'll be in my room..." I headed towards the stairs slowly; I felt as if all the energy in me was gone.

"...I'll leave dinner by your door, okay?"

I nodded my head and walked up the stairs slowly.

What kind of person am I? Not only have I made Donghae oppa worried... but also my own omma.

====================================================================

It was 11 o'clock P.M. and I headed upstairs to get ready for bed. As I walked past Sunye's room, I could hear the sniffing of her nose and the uneasy breathing coming out of . She wasn't just crying... My poor baby is sobbing....

I looked down and the food that I left out for her wasn't even touched. 'She hasn't eaten...' I thought to myself. I was about to knock on her door but resisted. 'No, when she's ready she'll come to me herself.'

"Oppa..." I heard her weak voice quietly say. "...Oppa...."

'Oppa?' I thought. 'Donghae? Leeteuk? Did something happen to them? Did they do something- No! Not them. They wouldn't do anything to hurt her.'

Knowing that just standing here thinking to myself won't do any good, I decided to go to bed and wait to see how she was in the morning.

====================================================================

It was 3 o'clock in the morning and I couldn't sleep; I couldn't sleep knowing that my daughter was in pain. I the lights and started to get out of bed until the bedroom door opened. It was Seung Ho.

"Eunjung, you're still awake?" he asked worriedly.

"I couldn't sleep," I replied.

"Did Sunye eat dinner today? There's food outside her room..."

"She still hasn't eaten yet?" I was so worried now. I buried my head in the covers.

"Is something wrong?" He sat on the bed and put his arms around me.

"I don't know. She came home three hours late from school with her eyes swollen and she doesn't want to talk about it," I cried. "She kept saying 'Oppa.... Oppa....' and I don't know why..."

"Have you tried calling either Donghae or Leeteuk?"

"No, it was late. They could have been sleeping. I'll call them sometime tomorrow."

"Eunjung, it'll be okay. We've raised a strong girl. Don't worry. Let's see how it is tomorrow."

I nodded in agreement.

******************************************************************

Vulgar, malicious, evil... One word cannot describe what she is...

******************************************************************

I'm sorry for the late update. Hopefully this chapter was good enough ^^

I had a hard time writing this chapter because of what happened with Sunye's father this past week. I just couldn't bring myself to write about her when that just happened, you know? I was going to finish this chapter the day of, but found that it was too difficult. I hope you guys understand. I wish she'd be happy and I want to send my condolences to her and her family.

I was really happy when I found that Donghae and Heechul went to the wake to support her, though. Donghae's been through this, he will help her. He lost his father around the same age as Sunye now...

I might be changing the minor characters once again (on the forewords page). I'm not sure yet. I'll give a notice when I post the next chapter.

How do you guys like Gyuri now? lol XD

I'm also going to make an OST (Official Soundtrack) for this fanfiction sometime. It'll be done soon.

And if anyone wants to make me a trailer or knows anyone who makes really good ones, please tell me ^^

Please comment silent, new, and current readers ^^
Comments make me happy <3

06.26.10