My Bestfriends

The Lover's Diary

"Sunye-ah!"

I looked up from my book to an overly excited friend. "Hm?" I asked him.

"You're not eating..." he replied, "Sunye, you need to eat. You can't just keep skipping meals everyday. It's not healthy and you're already so small and frail," he said as he took my arm and started dangling it in his hand.

"Oppa, I am not frail." I said as I yanked my arm back from him.

He gave me a big grin. "You know I'm just joking." He placed the large bag he'd been holding onto the table and sat down next to me. "Look, I made you some food." One by one he took containers filled with rice, pork, vegetables, dukboki, kimchi, and fish from his bag and put them out, covers open, in front of me. "Eat up," he smiled.

I smiled back. This was my best friend in the whole world... Lee Donghae; the friend that's been with me since the very beginning. Not since I was born of course, I mean since I moved here. I was just 7 years old when I moved from my little village in Gyeongju to the sky high buildings of Seoul. My father had gotten a job here and it was inevitable that we would have to move, so my father, mother, and I had to leave. My grandparents are still back in Gyeongju taking care of the farm, though. I didn't have any friends when I came here and honestly, I didn't even know anyone from here.
It was my first day in 2nd grade and I didn't talk to anyone; no one talked to me. And that's when Donghae stepped into my life. I remember everything perfectly: what he wore, what he looked like, where I was... everything. I was sitting alone in my little corner playing by myself when he sat down next to me wearing his little light blue sweater vest and black pants and his hair all nicely combed. As he sat down, I looked at him and all he did was give me that gorgeous smile of his that he still has till this day. I knew that we would be friends from that day on but I never knew that we would be BEST friends, here, on our last year of high school.

"What are you looking at?" Donghae asked, "Hurry up and eat before the bell rings."

"Aren't you going to eat?" I asked as I ate some kimchi.

"Don't worry about me."

"C'mon, oppa," I tried feeding him some food, "Open up~ Ahh~"

"HEY GUYS!" Both me and Donghae jumped up in shock, Donghae almost choked on his food.

*coughcough* "Hyung! What are you doing here?" coughed Donghae.

His simple answer: "Lunch."

"Hi, Teukie oppa!" I greeted him. This was my other best friend, Park Leeteuk. His real name is Jung-su but we all call him Leeteuk because there are so many people at this school with the name Jung-su. Teukie and Donghae oppas are a year older than I am but they're both in the same grade as me. No, it's not that they stayed back a grade, they just started late.

When we met, well, I guess you can say that it wasn't as happy and nice as when I met Donghae. He and Leeteuk have been best friends longer than I've even known them and I guess you can say that Leeteuk had a jealous side to him. I remember he used to get so mad at me for being around Donghae. He used to push me and make fun of me and Donghae would get so mad at him for doing that. But now, he and I are good friends.

"You weren't gonna eat again today?" asked Leeteuk, "If you keep this up Donghae will have gray hair by the time he graduates." he laughed.

"Yah! Hyung! I'm never gonna get gray hair!" Donghae yelled.

"Donghae-ah, let me tell you something. As people age-"

"Hyung! I know that!"

"Hehe," I laughed, "You guys are so cute."

"Wah! Bunny smile!" Donghae yelled. I quickly covered my mouth but Donghae quickly yanked my hand away, "Naw, it's cute!"

"Oppa! You're so loud!" Everyone was now looking at us from the other tables. It was embarrassing sometimes but hey, Donghae and Leeteuk oppas are never embarrassing to be around.

"Sunye, hurry up and eat. Lunch is almost over." Donghae said.

"Mm, okay." I hurried up and ate what Donghae had made me while almost choking looking at Leeteuk shove his food down.

===========================================================

"Kamsahamnida."

After school, me and Ye Eun bought some ice cream and walked home together. Ye Eun is also one of my bestest friends. We had met in my first year in middle school and became friends ever since. I guess we just had so much in common at the time that it just clicked for us. We only live a few minutes away from each other; we walk to school together and we walk home together. I guess you can say this is our little gossip time. Me and Ye Eun aren't in the same class so we almost never get to see each other, not even at lunch since we have different lunch periods. We talk about so much on the walks back home that you can say we're a little bit sinful.

"Chansung keeps picking on me," Ye Eun said, "There's something wrong with that boy."

"Maybe he likes you," I said while eating my icecream, "Guys are like that, aren't they? Don't they usually pick on girls they like?"

"No, I don't think so. He likes that Jung Ah girl, doesn't he? Like, he's always... stalking her or something."

"Is he?"

"Mhm."

"Don't worry about him then. Ignore him and make it seem like you don't care. He'll stop picking on you if you do."

"But- Oh hey!" I looked over at Ye Eun. She stopped in the middle of the sidewalk and pointed at a clothes store just across the street.

"What?" I asked confused.

"Isn't that Leeteuk? What's he doing shopping in a women's clothing store?"

"Huh? I don't see- OH! Yeah, that is him. Why is he shopping there?"

"Should we go in and say hi?" Ye Eun started for the cross section when I grabbed her hand.

"No, what if he doesn't want anyone to know he's there. I don't want him to be uncomfortable. Let's just go."

"Okay. Oh, Sunye, you're so nice." Ye Eun smiled at me as we walked towards our respective houses.

==================================================================

Saturday morning, me, Ye Eun, Donghae, and Leeteuk took a ride to Kyeongki-do for some fishing. Leeteuk gave us all rides even though both me and Ye Eun had preferred Donghae's driving more. Ha ha. Ye Eun and I sat in the back seats of Leeteuk's convertible and the stereo was blasting. We kind of gave off the impression of "those" kinds of high schoolers to the other people on the rode.

There weren't that many people as we had thought there were to be at Kyeongki-do. We found this amazing spot which had the best view, the best water depth and the best fish. It was a surprise that no one took this spot already. Once we got there, Leeteuk and Donghae oppas had already gotten their fishing rods out and began fishing; they were both so good at it. While they were doing that, Ye Eun and I started setting up the picnic table and food for lunch. We were gonna spend the whole day here, just the four of us.

"WAH!"

Both me and Ye Eun looked over to where Donghae and Leeteuk were.

"Look how big this is!" Leeteuk screamed.

"Wow, oppa. Daebak!" Ye Eun said.

"Yah, Fishy! It looks just like you!" Leeteuk started waving the fish in front of Donghae's face.

"Yeah, you're funny, hyung." Donghae said while holding the basket for Leeteuk to put the fish in.

"Can I try?" I asked them.

"Oh, yeah, you can-"

"Here, let me teach you, Sunye!" Leeteuk interruped Donghae, "Come over here."

"Alright." I glanced at Donghae from the corner of my eye and he looked a little taken aback by what just happened. Maybe I'm just imagining things...

"Here, you just hold the rod like so..." Leeteuk placed my hands on where they should be and helped me get into the right form. His arms were around me while he told me what to do when I get a bite and all that.

When Leeteuk oppa left me alone to try the fishing on my own, it was actually harder than I expected it to be. My hands got tired easily and honestly, I was bored the whole time. I didn't get a single bite the whole 10 minutes I was standing there.

"Oppa!" I screamed as I took the rod out from the water, "I don't wanna do this anymore." As I turned around to give oppa his rod back, I noticed Donghae wasn't fishing anymore. After looking around the whole area, I still couldn't find him.

"Ye Eun, where's Donghae?"

"I think he went over there to get some wood." she said, pointing.

I looked in the direction that her finger pointed and there he was. Donghae oppa didn't look happy, yet, not sad either.

"Oppa, it's still so early. We don't need the wood yet." I said while walking up behind him.

"Just getting the job done early." he smiled.

"Is something wrong, oppa? You seemed sad or something. Tell me?"

Donghae looked up at me with confused eyes. "Did I look sad before? Oh, I'm sorry, Sunye. Don't worry, I'm not upset or anything." There's that gorgeous smile of his again. "C'mon, let's head back. I have all the wood we need for the day."

====================================================================

It's almost 5 o'clock now and oppas have caught enough fish for us to have dinner with. Donghae oppa started a fire for us with the wood he had gotten earlier. He also doesn't seem so sad like before. I'm glad. Me and Ye Eun had cleared the table from when we ate lunch. We kept getting attacked by seagulls and they kept trying to eat our food. But Donghae and Leeteuk oppa scared them all away. We kind of made a mini stove with the fire and Donghae oppa managed the fish really well. Did I mention he was an amazing cook? No? Well he is.

"Sunye. Try a bite." Donghae told me, handing me a piece of the fish. He blew it a little bit before giving it to me.

"Wah, oppa. It's so good." I told him while smiling and chewing at the same time.

"Ha ha, really? Thanks," Donghae ate another bite, "I guess it is. I'm amazing!"

"You are, oppa!" we both started laughing.

"Let's eat," Donghae took the fish out of the fire and placed it on a plate at the table, "Let's eat, guys!" he was calling to Leeteuk oppa and Ye Eun.

After dinner, while we were still sitting around the table, Donghae took out his photography camera and started taking pictures of everything. Everything from the scenery, to the water, to the fish, and he even took pictures of us.

"What's this for?" asked Ye Eun.

"Photography project. Heh heh." was Donghae's answer. Oppa went around and took a picture of a little bit of everything. While I was sitting by the ledge playing with the water, Donghae oppa came up to me and took a picture.

"Yah, I don't look good!" I complained.

"You're fine," oppa told me, "Hey, how about standing over here. The lighting is nice."

Donghae led me to where he wanted me to be. You could see the sun setting in the background and it was actually pretty beautiful. He knows exactly what it takes to make a good picture. Donghae oppa wants to be a photographer when he's older. I believe that he'll be an amazing one. If you see the photos that he's already taken, you'd agree, too.

*****************************************************************

I love those moments that give you a certain rushing feeling. Those moments that you just want to hold on to and never let them end

******************************************************************

That was my first chapter ^^
How was it? The beginning is a little slow, I know, but don't worry. I have the whole story planned out and I promise that it will get better and better. More drama *oops, I've said too much XD*

The stuff in the "asterisks box" is important. Keep them in mind ^^

Please take another look at the "Forewords" page. I've changed some stuff like I said I might. And also other stuff.

Please comment ^^

06.05.10