Tuesday

Seven Days

 

Tuesday

 

An irritating “bzz”-ing sound interrupted Jieun’s peaceful slumber. Groaning into her pillow, she checked her phone to see who had texted her.

 

‘Good morning. –Joker’

 

“Good morning, my fricking—ugh…” Jieun mumbled sleepily wondering why the heck Junhyung had decided to text her. Narrowing her eyes, she typed in her reply and sighed underneath her blankets.

 

--

 

Junhyung checked his cellphone to see what Jieun had replied. His forehead creased with lines, he read the text with confusion.

 

‘D:< I hate you. You woke me up and now I can’t sleep anymore!!! -Jieun’

 

--

 

while she did her daily morning routine in order to prepare for school, Jieun whined about how she could have gotten at least 10 more minutes of sleep if it weren’t for Junhyung’s text.

 

Bzz.

 

Jieun rolled her dark eyes as she flipped open her phone. Honestly, she was actually curious as to how Junhyung would reply to her stinging message.

 

‘Sorry. I’ll pick you up and bring you to school, so stay put. Msg me your address. –Joker’

 

Bewildered as to why Junhyung seemed to not at all be offended by her text, she messaged him her home address anyways. Only ten minutes had passed before she heard the doorbell ring.

 

Grumbling all the way down the stairs, she went to go answer the door. In the entrance to her house was Yong Junhyung with his trademark sunglasses holding a bouquet of violets. Jieun thought it to be a bit weird, seeing how roses were the most common flowers to buy for a girl.

 

As if he could read her mind, he explained, “I read somewhere that if a girl has violets as their favorite flower, then it means that they’re sensitive, private, and complex. That seems to fit you the best.” Surprisingly, Jieun could sense the sincerity in his tone.

 

“…What makes me think I’m sensitive or private?” Jieun never even really talked to Junhyung until the day before, so she wondered how Junhyung could make that guess.

 

“Even though you’re liked by many people, like those from the Dance Club, you actually don’t have that many friends,” Junhyung pointed out his observations.

 

Ouch, that kinda hurt. Jieun thought.

 

“Or rather, not that many people that you’re actually close to,” Junhyung hurriedly added, seeing how Jieun’s face, although almost unseen, darkened. He placed the flowers in a vase that was near him.

 

“Whatever,” Jieun bitterly muttered as she brushed past Junhyung to go into the car that he had arrived in. In the driver’s seat was someone that she guessed was hired as Junhyung’s driver. She wasn’t really all that surprised since it was well-known that Junhyung’s family was one of the richest in the area. She wasn’t going to give up a free car ride either since otherwise, she would have to walk to school.

 

Junhyung turned around to follow her into the car, hoping that Jieun wouldn’t stay mad at him forever.

 

There was only a slight humming sound as the car slowly and steadily descented upon the way to CUBE High. However, Jieun decided to break the silence.

 

“…Hey. Come to the Dance Club meeting today, alright?” She dragged her almond orbs towards Junhyung’s bland face.

 

“…Fine.” Because she asked, Junhyung would do so. Anything that she asked during this one week period, he would do his best to grant it.

 

“You can’t forget, got it?” Jieun warned as she stepped out of the car to enter the school.

 

Jokingly, Junhyung only saluted with a smirk/smile before he reached over into the car’s trunk to grab his things and entered the campus as well.

 

~After School; Dance Club meeting~

 

Jieun abruptly paused in the middle of teaching choreography to some of the freshman club members when she saw Junhyung standing silently at the entrance of the practice room. Whispers immediately broke out upon all the members as this was a very rare sight.

 

Raising her eyebrows, Jieun walked over to meet the late Junhyung, regarding him with surprise, “You actually came?”

 

“You told me to come, so I came,” Junhyung plainly stated. His eyes scanned over the filled room but not to the extent of any room not being there.

 

A few of the members of the club, like Lee Kikwang and Jang Hyunseung, were stunned that Jieun, one of their aces, was talking to a member of the club that rarely ever came to their meetings. After all, they had never ever seen the two interact before. There were a few girls who started rumors; rumors that Jieun was Junhyung’s new girlfriend-of-the-week, and although they were technically somewhat true, they weren’t confirmed by Junhyung himself yet.

 

“Well, let’s continue,” Jieun announced towards the freshmen, and the speakers again. Junhyung, having nothing else to do, followed along with the choreography that Jieun was teaching the younger kids. He followed along almost immediately and after one run-through, he copied the movements perfectly.

 

“He rarely comes to the meetings, but manages to do something like this,” Nam Jihyun whispered to her friends.

 

“He gets the feelings back right away too,” Kwon Sohyun added.

 

“Yah, Junhyung-ssi, why don’t you show us a couple of moves by yourself since you rarely come?” Jieun suggested, which put burden on his shoulders.

 

What made the weight even heavier, however, was how others in the club kept on whispering about his arrival to the meeting and so on. He couldn’t concentrate with the noise, and knowing that they were talking about him made it worse.

 

“Shh!”

 

Caught back from the sudden silence that spread over the room, Junhyung glanced around to see what made everyone quiet, and when he saw, he smiled. Jieun was there, glaring at those who were gossiping and kept on whispering on and on about him.

 

He mouthed, “Thank you,” before showing off an impressive demonstration of his dancing skills, adding in a bit of b-boy flavor to the “show”.

 

~End of club meeting~

 

“…” Jieun was silent as she was once again, in Junhyung’s family’s car. “…What about you going home?”

 

“It’s okay,” Junhyung firmly answered, “I’ll get home after I make sure you’re safe back at yours.”

 

“…” Jieun quietly stared at Junhyung’s face, “By the way, are we actually dating?”

 

“Of course.”

 

“Please stop here, ajussi~!” Jieun called towards Junhyung’s driver. Obeying, he stopped the car and Jieun exited along with Junhyung, whose hand she was pulling.

 

“W-What are you doing?” Junhyung stuttered, surprised by the sudden skinship.

 

Jieun turned to face him with a bright smile, “Let’s go on a date!”

 

Stunned with even a greater impact, Junhyung only stood frozen while staring at the shorter girl for a moment. Eventually his surprised expression molded into a smiling one and he nodded. Turning to his driver, he said, “I’ll call you when I need you again.” And his driver nodded before driving away.

 

“But why?” Junhyung asked this with truthful curiosity. Jieun had never really once before shown any actual interest in the whole dating situation, so he was a bit confused.

 

“It’s already Tuesday and one week will go by in a flash! During this one week, I might as well enjoy the time,” Jieun shrugged having nothing against the idea. “Oh come on, aren’t dates like one of the standards in this whole one week situation thing?”

 

‘Standards? It’s not like this is some sort of game or anything…’ Junhyung quietly thought to himself.

 

“Anyway, let’s go eat!” Jieun dragged Junhyung over to an inexpensive ramyun stand. “Eat already, won’t ya?” She was already digging into her ramyun right after their orders came.

 

Junhyung blankly stared at the ramyun’s broth, not really feeling like eating.

 

“Why are you being so quiet?” Jieun abruptly questioned. “I mean, you’re usually like that, but this is different. You’re actually upset about something and you’re not saying anything about it and just going along with me.”

 

“I wasn’t thinking like that,” Junhyung denied, “I guess I’m just a bit worried though…” He drifted off with a murmur.

 

“How about we just not do anything today? If you’re not feeling up to it…” Jieun suggested with concern. “If we aren’t both enjoying this, then there’s no point in this date.”

 

“…Let’s go check out some music stores then,” Junhyung suddenly announced, standing up from his seat at the ramyun stand.

 

“Music stores?” Jieun repeated, perplexed. “…Sure! Let’s go check some out then,” She agreed as she grinned, her eyes curving into half-moons.

 

As they left to find a music store, their ears perked at the sound of an ajumma nearby, one that was talking about them.

 

“Aigoo~, that young’un couple match each other so well,” the ajumma complimented. “Don’t they?” She directed this question to who seemed to be her husband.

 

“Ye, ye,” the ajussi seemed to be irritated by her comment. Maybe commenting on random teenager couples was something that the ajumma did too frequently.

 

Embarrassed, Jieun tightened her grip on Junhyung’s hand, “Let’s go.” They hurried into a music store nearby. The two marveled at all the CDs and albums placed on display.

 

“Hey, look! It’s SHINee and KARA, and,” Jieun continued to ramble on after seeing her favorite artists’ albums.

 

“Really?” Junhyung walked over to where Jieun was standing, to stare at the SHINee album that Jieun was going crazy over.

 

“Hey, who’s your favorite? Mine’s Taemin,” Jieun inquired, curious since she never really expected Junhyung to be a Shawol.

 

“…Onew-hyung,” Junhyung answered with confidence. “I think, that if I ever met SHINee, he would be the one that I’d best get along with.”

 

“Ah~,” Jieun understood exactly what he meant.

 

This all continued until it was sunset, and the pair decided to go watch a movie. However, it turned out to be a bit boring, and Jieun had already fallen asleep.

 

Staring down at the light head that was resting on his shoulder, Junhyung sighed. He didn’t even remember what the movie was about, and only noticed the flickering of the screen as each picture flashed by.

 

I think this time, it might be different. was Junhyung’s last thought before he too, fell into a slumber, and his head leaned over to rest on Jieun’s.