Monday

Seven Days

 

Monday

 

As Jieun travelled through the school hallways to her classroom, she yawned, tired from the few hours that she had gotten the night before. Once her desk came to view, she dragged her feet over to it and slumped in the seat. Rubbing her eyes sleepily, Jieun glanced around the room, scouting to see if any of her friends had arrived at school yet.

 

In less than five seconds, she spotted one of her best friends, Minhee, arriving at the entrance of the class. She was about to stand up and go greet her, but Minhee beat her to it, speedily walking over to her desk.

 

“That’s weird…you’re usually not this early,” Minhee wondered, furrowing her eyebrows. “Did something happen?”

 

Jieun laid her chin on the cold, hard wood of the desk before answering, “I couldn’t really sleep that well…” No matter how much she rubbed her eyes, her eyelids would still be heavy and drooping.

 

“Aw…that’s too bad,” Minhee gently patted Jieun’s brunette head. “Before going to bed though, were you staying up all night on your computer again, though?”

 

Jieun puffed up her cheeks and narrowed her eyes before replying, “It wasn’t my fault that I had forgotten about our English assignment and only realized it right before falling asleep.” Her voice seemed to hold a bit of a whiny tone.

 

Minhee sighed, placing her slender hands upon her waist, looking down at the tired and lethargic Jieun. “You’re actually good at English though, so it shouldn’t have taken that long…”

 

“Fine, I admit it,” Jieun glared at Minhee with almond-colored eyes, “I got distracted after finishing the assignment!”

 

“And with what~?” Minhee teased while tucking her ebony hair behind her ear in order to listen more closely.

 

“…Dance videos,” Jieun shamefully muttered under her breath. Honestly, Jieun really liked to dance, and was one of the aces at the Dance Club at CUBE High. She didn’t think that high of herself, and just enjoyed dancing along to music that she liked, but everyone else thought that she was pretty good.

 

“You know, Junhyung-oppa dances too…and pretty well,” Minhee smirked, nudging Jieun with a wiggling eyebrow.

 

In return to Minhee’s wiggling eyebrow, Jieun raised hers. “And how do you know this? I mean, Junhyung joined the Dance Club, but he rarely ever comes to the meetings and when he does, I don’t really see any impressive tricks from him.”

 

“Why, my dear friend,” Minhee dramatically stated, patting Jieun’s shoulder, “Have you forgotten that I was one of the lucky girls to date Yong Junhyung?”

 

Jieun scrunched up her nose at the mention of “Yong Junhyung” and “date” in the same sentence/question, “I don’t get that guy. He only dates a girl for one week and at the end, breaks up with them. And the girls never seem to hate him either.”

 

“You don’t know this since you haven’t gone out with him yet, Jieun-ah,” Minhee started, “but Junhyung, when he starts his 1-week dating with a girl, he totally puts his all in it. He’ll take you to any places you want, he’ll treat you to any kind of food that you want…and most importantly, he immensely cares for you during that one week period.”

 

“In the end, he still breaks up with you, though. Even saying that he doesn’t love you,” Jieun reminded her friend who had seemed to be stuck in blissful memories for a moment.

 

Minhee huffed, “Even so, he treats you so well during the time that he dates you that it doesn’t really make you feel that bad when he ends it. Although, there are some girls who date him and try to get him to love them.”

 

“…And do they?” At this moment, Jieun genuinely felt curious.

 

“Nope.” Minhee clearly and plainly answered. She blew at her long bangs out of frustration, “It’s weird. He has dated at least 50 of the girls at this school—and no, I’m not kidding, and not one of them has caught his attention in that romantic sense at all.”

 

Hyunseung suddenly butted into the conversation, “You know, there was this one time that I asked Junhyung out.”

 

“WHAT?!” The two girls shrieked at the scandalous statement.

 

“No seriously,” Hyunseung had his straight face on, “I was just kidding and asked him out, and he actually said yes! And then I realized that he thought I was a girl…honestly I had a bit of eyeliner on at that time, and NO—I’m not an eyeliner addict [1]. Later I told him that I was a guy, and now we’re friends.”

 

Both Minhee and Jieun stared at Hyunseung with wide eyes; their breath had been taken away. “Wow…” was the only thing that escaped through their mouths.

 

The “Junhyung” conversation was cut short as their teacher entered the classroom with crooked glasses and messy binders.

 

“Now, class…”

 

~After Class~

 

After class was nutrition break and Jieun decided to part with Minhee since Minhee needed to go talk to a teacher about a missed assignment. She kept on walking around the hallways with her fit sneakers until she reached the practice room that the Dance Club used after school on Tuesdays and Thursdays. All members of the club met on only those two days of the week, but were expected to constantly practice throughout the week, although not together.

 

Today was Monday, so Jieun didn’t really expect anyone to be inside the practice room, but she was proven wrong as music blared from speakers inside. Only opening the door a bit, she peeked into the room. In the middle of the dance floor was Yong Junhyung b-boying to a song. However, he put his dancing to a stop once he realized someone had opened the door. After all, one whole wall of the room was covered with a huge mirror and he was facing it.

 

“What are you doing here?” Junhyung questioned, seemingly with no emotions in his voice.

 

Jieun shrugged, “I was just going to practice my dancing…didn’t realize someone would already be here.”

 

Junhyung said nothing to that and just stared at the ground before getting up from the floor to turn the speakers back on. He ignored Jieun’s presence and only focused on his dance movements.

 

Ten, twenty, and thirty minutes passed like that, and he finally took a break, pausing the speakers and lied down on the refreshing floor. He stayed in that position for a while, his hair damp with sweat. His chest rose up and down with long, deep, steady breaths.

 

“So..” Junhyung panted, “Why didn’t you leave?”

 

“I just wanted to ask you something…and I didn’t want to interrupt your dancing,” Jieun mumbled, now believing that Junhyung was indeed adept in dancing.

 

Junhyung’s eyes moved towards the side where Jieun was sitting, “And what was that?”

 

Jieun stayed silent for a moment before speaking, “…How come you rarely come to the Dance Club’s meetings when you have skills like that? Don’t tell me you’re trying to keep your techniques secret or anything…”

 

Junhyung only blew his hair out of his eyes before he answered her question, “I don’t know. It just seems that when I’m with less people, I don’t feel as much pressure when dancing, so I do better.”

 

Deciding to move onto a different subject, Jieun inquired, “Well…did you get your new girlfriend-of-the-week yet?”

 

“No. No one has asked yet either.”

 

“…Will you go out with me?” Jieun asked Junhyung this with a serious face that she was trying so hard to not break, but it did in the end. She let out dry laughs. “Just kidding.”

 

Junhyung had stared at her face for a while, as if trying to figure out something about her after she proposed that question. He stayed quiet, which made Jieun nervous.

 

“…Can I see your cellphone?” Junhyung boldly asked, even though the two dance-lovers didn’t really know each other.

 

“…Sure?” Jieun quirked an eyebrow, unsure.

 

Junhyung quickly pressed a couple of buttons before returning her phone and left the room without a word. Confused, Jieun looked at her phone and tried finding what had changed. She found the change in her ‘Contacts’, where someone new, “Junhyung [Joker]” was added.

 

Oh gosh…he couldn’t have taken that seriously, right? I mean, I said “Just kidding”… Jieun worriedly thought.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

[1]-Idol Maid fans~! XD Did you get this reference? Hahaha~ :) 

Anyway hope you enjoyed... I think it's kinda short..but it's just Monday, the intro chapter practically, so it should be fine! ^_^ ..I think.