Friday

Seven Days

 

Friday

 

Again…surrounded by girls when Junhyung goes to pick up Jieun to bring her to school.

 

“Good morning,” Junhyung greeted with a happy smirk, if that was possible.

 

He’s starting to act strangely… like he’s hiding something. If I was to name the person who’s troubling him… Jieun thought while staring at Junhyung who was also greeting his fans.

 

~~

 

“Hyuna,” Jieun wrote on her notebook, where her notes for class were supposed to belong.  This person…yup. There must be some sort of connection. Suddenly, she scribbled out the name as the bell rang and their teacher ended the class.

 

She released a depressed sigh, looking down at her blank notebook. Ahhh…what is this. How am I going to study this for the test next week? What am I going to do?

 

“Yo, Jieun!” Kikwang’s loud voice broke her out of the thoughts. “What’s with that expression?” He held an annoyed look as he stared at Jieun’s dazed face. 멍~ (blank) would be the perfect name for it.

 

“…” The gloomy air around Jieun only seemed to become heavier.

 

“Well…seeing that you’re not feeling well… I have something for you,” Kikwang brightly suggested.

 

“Doubt it.”

 

“Are you free next weekend?” Kikwang inquired the stunned Jieun.

 

“Huh? Well, I guess, but what do you want to do?” Jieun looked up from her seat (she didn’t have to move her head that much though) to look at Kikwang’s face.

 

“Nope, that’s not what I mean,” Kikwang swept out a piece of paper from his pocket, flashing it in Jieun’s confused face, “I did a favor for my sister and she gave this to me. And I’m giving it to you.” He dorkily grinned.

 

Jieun looked carefully at the slip of paper, “A special movie preview pass for two?”

 

“Yup,” Kikwang confirmed, “But it’s only for the valid time period, so you should hurry with inviting whoever you want to go with. And it’s free.

 

“REALLY?!” Jieun’s expression was shining now, so much that it could probably blind someone. “Thanks so much!” Jieun grinned at Kikwang after hugging the paper (that was a bit hard to do).

 

“Hey…” Kikwang thought, “Do you have a boyfriend right now? I mean, it seemed like you already had someone in mind to invite.” He took one glance at Jieun’s shocked face and smiled, “I was right, huh?”

 

~~

 

Jieun jogged out of school, heading towards the exit after being held in class for a bit. She met Junhyung at the gates and greeted, “Hey!”

 

Lifting an eyebrow at her uplift in mood, Junhyung questioned, “Did something happen?”

 

“Erm, well… do you want to go to this movie preview thing?” Jieun asked.

 

“Movie preview thing?” Junhyung repeated, “Just… you…and me?” He, being unlike his usual self, pointed at Jieun first and then himself in a cute manner.

 

“Yup, I’ve got passes!” Jieun grinned happily, her eyes creasing into half-moons.

 

“Well…when is it?”

 

“Um…” Jieun reread over the pass quickly, “Next weekend…I think. Yeah, next weekend. Wanna go?” She looked up from the paper only to see Junhyung back with his serious look.

 

“Uh…next weekend?” Junhyung repeated to make sure.

 

Finally realizing what he meant, Jieun said, “Ah! Er…but—’’

 

“Junhyung! Come on,” Hyunseung suddenly called him over. He was at this arcade that was very near the school; it was an ideal hang-out place for the students at CUBE High. At the entrance of it was a DDR (Dance Dance Revolution) machine, something that Hyunseung was itching to play with against Junhyung.

 

“Alright,” Junhyung answered, sending his voice over to where Hyunseung was. He turned back to face Jieun, “Look, we’ll talk about this later, okay?”

 

“Hey! Whatcha doing?” Minhee popped out of nowhere, scaring Jieun. By her side was one of her classmates, someone that Jieun didn’t really know but she was one of Minhee’s friends.

 

Minhee’s friend stared at Junhyung dancing with stars in her eyes, “Kyaaa~! He’s so handsome!” She placed a delicate finger on her lip, “Hm… I plan on trying hard next week. Maybe he’ll pick me!”

 

Jieun glanced at her from the corner of her eye, still holding the movie preview pass. Her grip slightly slacked and weakened.

 

~After DDR Match~

 

“…Here,” Jieun handed the pass to Junhyung. “For you,” her face faced the ground so that her bangs cast a shadow over her eyes, “You can go with whoever you’re dating next week.”

 

“Huh?”

 

“Unless,” a bitter smile appeared on her face, “You plan on inviting Hyuna? You still like her, don’t you? So no matter what, you won’t give up, right?”

 

“…Why?” Junhyung unintentionally crumpled the pass with his clenching grip. “Why must you say those kinds of things? Yesterday, when you were mad and said that you were the one dating me right now,” He finally released his angered grip on the paper but still held it in his hand, “I was so happy.”

 

Jieun only stared at him, surprised, before she continued started to walk up to Junhyung.

 

“Why must it be so difficult?” Junhyung kept the pass in one hand and used the other to tightly grip his hair, frustrated. “Liking someone is really…just too complicated.”

 

“Heh,” Jieun giggled, “That’s because you have no judgement. Junhyung-oppa…doesn’t know how to judge people.”

 

Junhyung ceased to hold his head, stunned.

 

“If the girls in school heard about Hyuna and all, they’d be devastated,” Jieun laughed.

 

“…Jieun?”

 

“Yeah?”

 

“Have people often told you that you’re really slow?”

 

Taken aback, Jieun exclaimed, “Eh?! How did you know?”

“Looking at just your face, people think that you’re a very stoic, beautiful person. Actually, however, Jieun’s very careless and brash. Blurting out whatever comes to mind, and always doing things recklessly.” Junhyung analyzed.

 

He’s perceptive…Jieun thought while Junhyung continued on with his analysis. I’ve already been told the same thing by numerous people.

 

“Also, Jieun is very straight-forward and tends to move before she thinks.”

 

But then…I can’t really help it, can’t I?

 

“…And because you’re always doing things without thinking. You’re also very forgetful.”

 

Because that’s the way I am.

 

“Jieun’s personality is…”

 

Jieun braced herself, remembering her first breakup with her boyfriend. “Jieun’s personality is…very disappointing.”

 

“…I think, is very likeable.”

 

Jieun’s eyes widened to the point that you could see her whole pupils. “…very likeable” constantly repeated in her mind. She finally smiled as she lowered her head, “Thank you.”

 

Thank you? What are you saying “Thank you” for? ran across Junhyung’s confused head.

 

“I’m glad,” Jieun’s smile widened and her infamous eye-smile was shown.

 

“I-Is that so…”

 

“Everytime they realized how I really was, I knew it was over. The guys would walk away with utterly disappointed looks. Honestly, I didn’t really care much about courting them, but still… My friends sometimes can’t take it either. They say it’s a waste of my face,” Jieun’s smile had disappeared by now, but she wasn’t sad, “This is the first time I’ve been told that I’m okay just the way I am. So thank you.”

 

“Heh,” Junhyung smirked, “You’re…as slow as ever.”

 

“Huh?” Jieun was completely bewildered, “Well, anyway…where’s your place?”

 

“What?” It was Junhyung’s turn to be bewildered, “Why?”

 

“Well, it’s always you sending me home, so…”

 

“I do that because I want to.”

 

“Yeah well, I’m doing this because I want to also,” Jieun retorted, sticking out her tongue.

 

“Alright,” Junhyung smiled, “Let’s go!” He turned to start walking on the path to his home.

 

“Eh?” Jieun turned to look in the opposite way that Junhyung was going, “Why aren’t we going this way?”

 

“My house is on the mountain.”

 

“…Mountain?!

 

~~

 

Ding dong~ Junhyung pressed the doorbell to his house mansion. Jieun stood in front of the tall, humungous walls and gates to his place.

 

Welcome home, a voice transmitted over the intercom.

 

“I’m home, with a friend from school.”

 

Understood.There was a momentary crackling sound before the gates swung open.

“J-Junhyung,” Jieun stuttered with a pale face and shaking hands on his shoulder.

 

“Eh? You want to go back? After walking all the way here… are you going to leave?”

 

“N-NO!” Jieun squeaked with a high-pitched voice, “Just…dang, some people have it all.”

 

“All? I doubt there are people actually like that.”

 

“Then…” Jieun dragged out, “What else would you want?”

 

Junhyung suddenly stopped in his tracks, thinking. He turned to stare at Jieun for a looo~ng time.

 

“G-Geh!” Jieun shrunk back from his emotionless stare, “W-What?”

 

The two turned back to face the main door as it opened to reveal an old butler.

 

“Welcome back,” the butler bowed with his glove-clad hand resting on his stomach.

 

Whoa!!! Like from the dramas! Jieun thought like an amazed child.

 

“I’m home,” Junhyung smiled at his butler.

 

DOUBLE WHOA!!! He’s smiling that easily?!

 

“Welcome home~!” a girl’s voice reached the two as they heard tapping sounds coming from upstairs. She abruptly came to a stop at the entrance to the house, facing face-to-face with Jieun. Both girls stared at each other with wide eyes.

 

Aw, crap. Junhyung thought as he slapped himself on his face.

 

“Such a pretty girl~!” the still unknown girl swooned with clasped hands. “I just love doll-like faces like hers~,” she fawned over Jieun. “How old are you? What’s your name?” She bombarded Jieun with questions.

 

“Er…uh…” Jieun could only manage to let out as she thought, Junhyung’s sister?

 

The girl’s rambling was cut to a stop by Junhyung’s hand on her shoulder.

 

“Hyuna,” Junhyung coldly stared at her, “You’re bothering Jieun.”

 

Shock came over Jieun as her eyes widened even more than they were before. Hyuna…

 

“Isn’t it okay?” Hyuna playfully snapped at Junhyung, “So your name’s Jieun?” She spoke in informal speech towards Jieun.

 

Jieun only stayed quiet. Somehow…Somehow I just really…

 

Hyuna intruded her privacy as she reached for Jieun’s face, “What beautiful skin~!” She crooned.

 

Hate her.

 

Junhyung snatched Hyuna’s hand before it could touch Jieun, “Don’t screw around.” He warned Hyuna with a scary face, “I’ll get mad.”

 

Hyuna seemed to suddenly realize something as she started to blurt, “The someone in Junhyung’s heart that he lo—’’ She was shut quiet as Junhyung covered with his hand.

 

“…What…” Jieun started quietly before exploding, “WHAT THE HELL IS THIS?!”

 

Junhyung and Hyuna stopped in an awkward position, both astonished.

 

“…Damn it,” Jieun bitterly muttered before she dashed out, exiting the house.

 

“Ji—’’ Junhyung attempted to call Jieun back.

 

“Omo…” Hyuna was confused, “She left?”

 

“No way,” Junhyung murmured before he dashed after Jieun as well, tossing away his grip on Hyuna.

 

“Eek~!” Hyuna squealed as she almost tripped from the tossing of her wrist.

 

“How noisy,” a male’s voice came from upstairs, “Did you do something to him again?”

 

“Hyuksoon…” Hyuna took the male’s hand with both hands and held it to her cheeks, “Junhyung left.” She informed with a smile.

 

~~

 

“WAIT!” Junhyung’s loud voice came from behind Jieun’s running figure.

 

“Don’t come after me!” Jieun yelled back as she continued to run. What am I doing? Jieun’s endurance failed as she had to come to a stop and kneeled on the ground.

 

Junhyung carefully came from behind her, walking towards Jieun.

 

“Didn’t I say to not come after me?” Jieun spat.

 

Junhyung didn’t show it much, but he was confused. “What’s wron—’’

 

“SHUT UP!” Jieun burst before continuing in a quieter voice, “Just go…”

 

“Just…tell me what you’re angry at,” Junhyung tried to make his voice sound as calm and soothing as possible.

 

Exactly what am I… Jieun pondered to herself. Minhee and my other female friends said that seven days was long enough for a dream. But to me, this week is… The heel of her shoe started to slip on the step of the staircase she was standing on.

 

Junhyung caught this with his eyes, “Wait! Behind you!”

 

“Eh?” Too late, Jieun was about to fall. To me, seven days were long enough to fall in love.

 

Junhyung lunged forward, and managed to grasp Jieun’s hand before she could fall on the concrete ground. The two panted for a while before Junhyung let out a relieved sigh. “That was close…” He looked down at Jieun’s head that was facing his chest, “Are you okay?”

 

I’m not okay. “What day is it?” Jieun questioned with a fragile voice.

 

“Huh?” Junhyung’s eyebrows furrowed, “I couldn’t hear you.”

 

Just…two more days.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

There were some misunderstandings… the bold and italics part at the end of “Thursday” was all what Junhyung was saying.

 

Man, did people get pissed about Junhyung not loving Jieun instead LOL! But that shows the support for the Jihyung couple! (Yeah I made up the name… JunEun is too weird-sounding) But hopefully they cleared up that misunderstanding and now know the truth! :P 

Btw, I have Twitter so if you wanna ask some questions or something on there instead of here for some reason, tweet me @YoruxRuki