Wednesday

Seven Days

 

Wednesday

 

“Where are you?” Junhyung’s deep voice transmitted through Jieun’s cellphone.

 

“I just got finished getting ready so I’m going out of my house right now. Why?” Jieun answered.

 

“I’m near that ddeokbokki store that’s only a little bit away from your place. I’ll bring you to school again, so don’t worry about walking,” Junhyung sounded like the perfect caring boyfriend.

 

“Got it.”

 

Jieun strolled towards the ddeokbokki shop and stopped when she caught sight of a crowd. A crowd of girls who were from their school, CUBE High. In the middle of the crowd, she could spot Junhyung, coolly leaning on the wall donning his usual sunglasses. He even had a small bottle of coke in his hand as he sipped little by little while waiting for Jieun.

 

He’s arrogant, cold, and quiet so he seems emotionless also. Jieun thought, Well, that’s the first impression he gives off anyway. He’s really not like that.

 

“Hey, Junhyung!” Jieun greeted, jogging until she stopped by Junhyung’s side. All his fans immediately laid their eyes on her, wondering what she was doing there. “Morning.”

 

“Good morning,” Junhyung greeted in return with a joker-smirk.

 

One of Junhyung’s fans spoke up with surprise in her tone, “That’s strange. Junhyung-oppa doesn’t really show up to club practice that much… Are you two good friends?”

 

“Yup!” Jieun grinned with an eye-smile. There are so many girls after him…

 

“Oh, I see!”

 

“Come to think of it,” another one of the girls brought up, “Junhyung-oppa, who’s your girlfriend this week?”

 

Junhyung was about to say something until he was cut off by Jieun.

 

“Oh, that would be me,” Jieun answered while pointing to herself. Junhyung was surprised at her bluntness until the girls’ laughter broke out.

 

“Pfft. But Jieun never gets a boyfriend,” one of the girls obviously took her answer as a joke, “In fact, I don’t think she has ever had one.”

 

“But!” another girl piped up, “You two look good together!”

 

“Haha thanks,” Jieun thanked the girl, slightly bowing. I wasn’t exactly kidding, but oka~y. She glanced at Junhyung who was caught in the middle of looking at her. Ah, never mind. I guess it is kinda like a joke.

 

A good morning text, eating together—kind of, shopping together, watching a movie together, and now driving me to school? Jieun ran over the things that she had done with Junhyung in her head. Hm…if we were a normal couple… What do people do when they date? Hand-holding… Suddenly an image of a couple about to kiss popped up in her head. She shut her eyelids closed in order to get rid of it. I don’t get it. How far does Junhyung really go when he dates a girl?

 

Jieun’s eyes snapped wide open as she found a solution to her question. That’s right! Minhee should know!

 

~~

 

“WHAT?!”

 

Shaken by Minhee’s explosion, Jieun stuttered, “Er, what I mean is…”

 

“Don’t tell me you’re Junhyung’s girlfriend-of-the-week and already did it with him!!!” Minhee whacked the top of Jieun’s head not so gently.

 

“Ow…”

 

“It’s because of things like that, that although guys are interested in you, they stay away!” Minhee fumed, “Don’t you think that’s a waste?!”

 

“Aw, what…I don’t really care about boys though,” Jieun quietly murmured.

 

Minhee let out a frustrated sigh, “Anyway, why’d you ask?”

 

“Ah, it’s nothing,” Jieun started, “I just started to actually talk to him and all… so I was wondering…”

 

Minhee placed her chin on the back of her hand, her elbow resting on the desk. “Whether it’s just putting his arm around you or holding your hand… Junhyung won’t touch you unless it’s absolutely necessary.” She seemed to stare off into space. “Some girls tried to actually make their dreams a reality and forced themselves upon him…He just shrugs them off, though.”

 

“Hm…”

 

“He’s here again,” Minhee stared at Junhyung’s back, which was leaning against the entrance to Minhee and Jieun’s classroom. “Are you sure you two are just good friends? Even if you are, would he keep on coming here everyday?”

 

“…”

 

~~

 

“Are you serious?” Jieun seemed irritated as she leaned forwards on the edge of the school roof. “Are you going to up all the free time I have today or something?”

 

“…Does it bother you?”

 

“…If I didn’t like it, I’d say so. You know how blunt I can be.”

 

“That’s good,” Junhyung directed a very small smile towards Jieun before sipping some of his coke.

 

A couple of minutes passed like that, just the two of them enjoying the peaceful silence (excluding some of Junhyung’s fangirls’ screaming).

 

“Jieun-ah, tomorrow, after school—’’

 

“Go to club practice,” Jieun cut him off with a command.

 

“…”

 

“I’ll wait for you, so call me after it’s done, alright? Since I’ll be skipping that practice. Well, I might leave first if I get impatient, though.”

 

“Wait for me,” Junhyung firmly requested, “I’ll do my best during practice if you do.”

 

Jieun turned slightly to face him with a smirk, “Alright.”

 

Ding dong~

 

“Oh snap!” Jieun’s eyes widened, “I forgot my textbook and I need it for next period!” She scrambled to the doors that led to the stairs going down to the classrooms.

 

“You idiot,” Kikwang stood in the entrance, holding Jieun’s textbook, “And you call me Babo-Kwang?”

 

“Oh. My. God. Thank you Kikwang!” Jieun launched herself to Kikwang, embracing him. “I won’t ever call you Babo-Kwang ever again,  I swear!”

 

“…Jieun-ah,” Junhyung called from his seat on the roof, “That’s cheating, you know.”

 

The Jieun-Kikwang pair blinked at him with goldfish eyes for a few seconds.

 

Kikwang turned to look at Jieun, “Cheating?”

 

“Oh right,” Jieun immediately released her grip on Kikwang, “Right, right. Cheating’s no good.”

 

“What?” Kikwang looked at Jieun with a weird bewildered look on his face, “I don’t get you sometimes…”

 

Junhyung smiled, standing up to watch as Jieun left the roof.

 

~Night~

 

Couples were everywhere in the park. Some only simply chatting with each other, others had arms around their partner’s shoulders, and some were even hugging. …There were a few that decided to be more “public” and admittedly were full-on making out with each other in dark areas of the park.

 

Meanwhile, Jieun sulked on a wooden bench nearby. You showoffs… You people that I don’t even know are doing this on purpose, aren’t you? Her head hung low as she blankly stared at the grassy ground. Then again, it’s my fault for hanging around somewhere like this by myself…

 

“Hey,” Junhyung coolly saluted before he took a seat beside Jieun. She only raised her hand in response.

 

“I haven’t really come here in a while…” Jieun muttered, “There’re still couples everywhere, annoyingly displaying their affection in public.” She glared at the strangers around her. “Ah!” she realized, “We’re a couple too!”

 

“Heh,” Junhyung smirked, “Yeah.”

 

The two seemed to be a bit awkward, with couples surrounding them.

 

Under normal circumstances and being in a place like this… Jieun pondered to herself, We would kiss right now, wouldn’t we? Two people in this kind of place…I’m sure he feels something too. Her eyelids slowly dragged downwards. How many girls would close their eyes like I am right now? And…how would Junhyung react?

 

Junhyung gently placed his hand on Jieun’s neck, getting drawn in closer and closer…

 

Until his lips pressed upon hers, taking away Jieun’s first kiss.

XXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXXX

Oh. My. Freaking. God. You will not believe how much of a heart attack I got when my computer suddenly froze when I was just two lines away from finishing this chapter. OMG. THANK YOU SO MUCH MICROSOFT WORD FOR HAVING THAT AUTO RECOVERY FEATURE THINGY. Phew. 

Anyway, I at writing about kisses...especially since I haven't even done that before so I can't do anything like writing from experience LOLOL. Hope you enjoyed this update...for once it wasn't at night (well night in my time zone)! Haha!