Chapter 5

I hate you, but I love you

 

Myungsoo was walking around his college after his classes finished. He still had some time until his part time job started so he decided to look for someone. When he was walking he noticed a girl who was with Minah in the morning, so he almost ran to get her.

 

Excuse me.” He asked politely, and the girl looked at him.

Y-Yes?” She was nervous, he could see, and surprised too.

Did you see Minah around?”

Oh, she's in the dance room. She's practicing for the competition that we'll have in some days.” She smiled and he thanked her while bowed a little.

 

Deep in his mind, Myungsoo was really curious to see how much Minah can dance after what she said. And Woori saying they'll participate in a competition he believe that maybe, just maybe, she can be good dancer.

 

I walked until the dance room, opening the door just a little bit to don't get noticed and could get a good view anyway. And what he saw made him breathless. His eyes widened and his heart fastened.

 

It was playing some new american pop song that he couldn't say which was because he never really listened to it. The girl in the middle of the room was dancing just following the beat. But what made Myungsoo all breathless was the way she was dancing. Her moves were y but, at the same time, really good moves. She would go low until the floor and get up while moving her hands all over her body. (something like it, but in a practice room)

 

He couldn't take his eyes off her. It was just amazing. And y. y was the word that kept replaying in his mind. The moves, the hands, sometimes her hair would the part of the move. It was just a breathless sight. And the fact that was wearing only a tank top and small short didn't help it at all.

 

Myungsoo shook her head and looked around to see if it was anyone there. He could feel his cheeks getting warmer. What the... Why am I like this? Aish, stupid clumsy girl... He thought shaking his head one more time. He soon closed the door again and leaned against the wall, waiting until she finished dancing.

 

After 10 minutes or even more Minah left the dance room. Her hair was now in a ponytail because of the sweat. Her eyes widened when she saw Myungsoo next to the door.

 

Yah, are you following me now?” She poked his shoulder to get his attention.

Tsc, of course no.” He looked away. “Where are you having lunch?”

Here at college.” She looked kinda surprised with his question.

So, no. You're having lunch with me today. Go get ready 'cause you're not going out like this.” He pointed at her small short and tank top.

Of course I'm not going out like this. I have to take a shower and get ready to work.”

So, go quickly 'cause I'm hungry already.” He crossed his arms, making Minah snort but she did what he asked anyway, went quickly take a shower.

 

-x-

 

Myungsoo and Minah were walking next to each other until the restaurant the guy wanted. It was a simple restaurant. They chose their table and, even before Minah could look at the menu, Myungsoo already said what they wanted. The girl just frowned looking at the guy in front of her.

 

Why did you choose for me?”

Because I know what is the best here, I always came here.” She pouted and he just laughed a little. “You'll like it.”

 

They didn't need to wait too long, the food came quickly. Now the table were full of food, what made Minah even wide her eyes. I think I never saw so much food together...

 

Eat it. You must be tired, huh?” Myungsoo smiled and Minah started blushing. It was the first time she saw him smiling like this.

O-Ok...” She mumbled, starting to eat the food in front of her. “Hm.. So good~” She smiled.

 

-x-

 

So, your stage name is L?” Minah giggled, still eating. “It's stupid.”

Yah, it's not stupid.” Myungsoo tsc-ed.

Everytime you go tsc tsc.” She said imitating him. “It's not even cool.”

Aish, you piss me off, clumsy girl, you know that?” He said angrily again and she just laughed.

I know, it's good.”

Do you like me angry?” Myungsoo stared at her and she just nodded happily. “Do you find me y like this, huh?” He joked and laughed when he saw Minah blushing.

Aish, shut up. You're not y or even handsome like girls at college say.”

Hm... So you listened about me at college..?”

Only today, to be honest.” She said simply, finishing eating her food. “I don't pay much attention to things that are not my dance or my work, so...”

You need to enjoy more things...” Myungsoo commented but Minah just ignored him.

 

After they payed for the food (to be honest, Myungsoo payed it all and didn't let Minah complain about it), they left the restaurant. It was already time to both of them go to their part time job.

 

Where do you work?” Minah asked curiously.

Oh... I work at a instrument store. It's near your cafe, but probably you never noticed it.” Myungsoo looked at her and she just pouted.

I'm just not interested on it.”

 

Just 5 minutes after, they were already in front of Inspirit Cafe. Minah waved a little, preparing to enter the cafe, when Myungsoo grabbed her wrist, making her face him again.

 

A-Are you better today?” He asked, turning his face to the other side, not facing her.

Yes, thank you for helping me.” Minah smiled sweetly.

 

As soon as Myungsoo let her wrist, she gave him a little peck on the cheek and almost run to the cafe. Myungsoo just widened his eyes and felt his cheeks getting warmer. He used one of his hands trying to hide his blush, while looking away from the cafe. Aish, this girl... He turned around and went to his work place.

 

-x-

 

Minah's day of work was almost ending. There were no customers anymore and the employees were leaving one by one. But before she could close everything, Sunggyu entered the cafe.

 

Oh, Sunggyu-oppa.” She smiled at him and he did the same.

Can I talk to you for a moment? I know you're closing but...” He bit his lip but she only nodded.

 

The girl put a cup of hot chocolate in front of Sunggyu and sat in front of him, with hot chocolate for herself.

 

What do you need to talk to me, oppa?”

Oh... It's kinda complicated.” He started and took a deep breath. “I'm the new owner of here.”

You what?!” Her eyes were wide by now and opened with the surprise. “H-How?”

I've never met my grandpa before. My parents and him had a fight and they stopped talking for years, one or two years after I was born. And my grandpa was the owner of this cafe, I never knew it. But when he passed away he gave me this place saying I have nothing with their fight.”

Oh... So, you're my boss now?” She laughed together with him.

Looks like I'm. I was not working before so it was not a problem. The only bad thing about it was that I never met my grandpa before he passed away.” Sunggyu looked sad for some seconds.

He was a wonderful man. He was caring and amazing. To be honest, he looks like a lot with you.” She drank more of her hot chocolate. “The small eyes are the same.”

Yah!” He almost yelled but soon both were laughing.

 

What they didn't know was that someone was watching them from the glass of the cafe. Kim Myungsoo was now with an angry, and jealous too, expression, with his arms crossed. Why are you always laughing with him, Goo Minah?

 

 

Continue...