If Love is Blind

Chie's Song Fic Collection {Super Junior, Hey! Say! BEST, Boyfriend, others by request}

Song Prompt: If love is Blind (Tiffany)
pairing: Yabukei [girl!Kei], hinted chiitaro[girl!chinen] and yamaDaiki [girl!yamada]
subject: Romance, friendship, angst, rating: PGsummary: If love is blind, I’ll find my way with you. Coz’ I can’t see myself, not in love with you
a/n: been addicted to this song.. bold, italicized and underlined phrases are lyrics from the song


 

People say that you’re no good for me, People say it constantly


I fell in love with your charm and absolute smile. People around me say I’m crazy for falling for you.

 

“What’s wrong?”

 

I always ask them. What is wrong falling for you? You are smart, talented, generous, friendly, family oriented, what more can I ask?

 

“you are just hurting yourself Kei”

 

I remember my best friend Yuri tell me as we eat lunch at the cafeteria, my eyes are fixed on you as you flirt with that takaki.

 

“you see.. he’s the type who is not serious with that kind of relationship. He’s a born player”

 

“I don’t see the harm admiring him.”

 

“Admiration is the start of something deeper, way deeper”

 

Yamada added as she writes something on her journal.

 

“Can’t I have the right to fall in love?”

 

“you have every  right to do so.. but not with Yabu-kun..”

 

I sighed as loud as my heartbeat.

 

 

I hear it said so much, I repeat in my sleep

 

“you deserve better Kei-chan!”

 

I woke up from my slumber with those words repeatedly swirl around my brain. I tried to sleep again but the words kept haunting me. I lay restless on my bed, staring at the ceiling with visions of your smile and expressive eyes.

 

“You look so tired Kei-chan”

 

“I’ve been having nightmares..”

 

“really?”

 

“it’s nothing big.. “

 

I sat at my usual place after another loveless summer.

 

 

Maybe I am just a fool for you; maybe you’re no angel too

 


History class is as long as the History of our world; it couldn’t get any more boring than this class until the day you sat next to me.

 

“Is this seat taken?”

 

A voice asked me and I shook my head without looking back at the person. Why do I have to take this subject anyway.. I’ve studied history since I’ve started studying!

 

I almost slept at the boring class and thank God our professor didn’t catch me doing so or else I am history.

 

“we have an assignment on chapter 4, one page reaction paper on the industrial revolution”

 

my seatmate gladly shared the information I missed for dozing off and daydreaming.

 

“thanks!”

 

I answered back as I pack my things and head off to my next class.

 

“I’m Kouta, and you?”

 

you extended a hand waiting for me to respond to it. I looked at you and nervously shook your hand as I stumble upon my words..

 

“Kei.. desu.. watashi.. onamae.. hai!”

 

You laughed as I blushed.

 

“It’s ok.. you are a little shaken up from your slumber.. anyway, see you around”

 

You smiled and went your way as I stood there speechless, stunned and embarrassed all at the same time.

 

“Baka!”

 

I face palmed myself as I head towards my next class.

 

But all that talk is cheap when I’m alone with you

 

ENGLISH!

 

“I am Kei Inoo, Nice to meet you”

 

I told my seatmate as an activity for the class. Ms. Christine is a fine Professor, I like her already. Her style of teaching is very fun and in turn the class is very lively. I feel that she understands her students and makes the class as interactive as possible.

 

“Class, this is my cousin Kouta, he’ll be joining us for the rest of the semester since we are missing a person for your final project.”

 

Ms. Christine announced to the class and all of the girls in our class screamed as we saw you enter the room with your confidence and smile.

 

“introduce yourself and choose a partner.”

 

“Hello, I’m Yabu Kouta, nice to meet you all.”

 

More screaming was heard, I covered my ears.

 

“I will not choose a partner but rather, I would want to draw lots to be fair”

 

Ms. Christine agreed and asked for all the girls to write their names on a sheet of paper then place them on top of her table. She then asked all the boys to draw one paper and all together opened them to reveal the names. Each of the boys walked towards to their partners and introduced themselves.

 

“Hello, I’m Yabu Kouta, nice to meet you, Kei.”

 

“huh?”

 

“we’ll be partners for your project!”

 

“oh..”

 

“I guess you’re not too happy about it..”

 

“ahh.. no,.. no.. it’s ok.. I’m just a little bit preoccupied..”

 

“so what do you want to do?”

 

“huh?”

 

“your project? Want to set a date?”

 

“a date?”

 

“yah.. when you are available so we can start with the project..”

 

“oh.. it’s ok.. I can handle it.. you are probably busy anyway..”

 

“no.. that’s why it’s a pair project, we help each other..”

 

“but you have a lot to attend to..”

 

“I can handle it, when are you available?”

 

“ah.. Fridays and weekends.. other days I have club activities.”

 

“ok then.. let’s meet at the library by three Fridays?”

 

“that’ll be fine..”

 

 

If love is blind, I’ll find my way with you. Coz’ I can’t see myself, not in love with you

 

“you’ve fallen hard Kei-chan..”

 

“nah-ah.. it’s just a project not a date..”

 

“oh forget it.. you’re too blind to see it anyway..”

 

“what are you saying?”

 

“just be careful, I don’t want you to get hurt in anyway but  seeing how things progress.. you’ll be hurt, sooner or later!”

 

“don’t poke your nose on others’ business..”

 

“I’m just concerned!”

 

“you’re just jealous because your Ryutaro has never noticed you!”

 

“why are you involving him? He’s out of the question!”

 

“you started it!”

 

“I’m just concerned..”

 

Yuri ran off crying, I’ve said enough and I hurt her feelings.

 

“you know it’s wrong to tell her that.. and don’t point out Daiki.. we are friends and I intend to remain friends with him unless he wanted it to go a step further, I’m not forcing him to like me or anything. And I’m not imagining a relationship that doesn’t exist!”

 

Yamada said before chasing after the crying Yuri.

 

I sat by my usual place in the library and scribbled at my notes, not paying attention to whatever you were saying.

 

“Kei.. Kei.. Kei!”

 

“what?!”

 

“what’s wrong?”

 

“oh nothing.. I’m not feeling well today, can we just do this another day.”

 

“oh.. sure.. are you ok?”

 

“just a little headache.. I’ll be ok..”

 

I picked up my things and walked away fast as tears started to fall.

 

The next day I saw you talking to some girls, laughing and smiling; I felt cheated and betrayed but what right do I have? You were never mine although I have always been yours. My friends are absolutely right, I am too blind and now it bites back.

 

I never took the same seat and avoided you for as much as I can. I usually stare at you and you seem fine with all the other girls surrounding you. It hurts but I have to admit that my friends are right; I was blind.. too blind to see that there was no you and me but I can’t see myself not in love with you. It hurts. So so so much.

 

“Kei.. it’s ok..”

 

“I’m such a fool..”

 

“it’s ok.. we go through those stages.”

 

 

If love is blind, I’ll find my way with you

 

“hey what’s wrong.. you’re completely avoiding me for a whole week!”

 

“no.. I’m not avoiding you, just been very busy with some stuff.”

 

“Kei you’re lying!”

 

“no I’m not.. just been busy..”

 

“listen to me.. I know what you are feeling!”

 

Out of the blue, I felt your lips on mine; those warm soft lips pressing gently on mine felt like heaven.

Slap.


“how dare you do that to me!”

 

I cried as I make a run for it, away from this delusional world, but a hand stopped me, and I was caught in an embrace.

 

“Kei, I love you.. that’s why I’ve been doing all those stuff.. to get to you..”

 

“no.. it’s not real.. this is a lie.. all of this is a lie”

 

“Kei, open your eyes, I love you!”

 

“I don’t know.. I’m not sure what to do!”

 

Tears are already spilling from my eyes and I can’t see anything else.

 

“this is all real.. I love you”

 

You cupped my cheeks and wiped the tears; As I felt your lips once more. I tried to escape from your grip but you forced me back into the wall and held both of my hands as you deepen the kiss; a very passionate kiss.

 

“listen to what your heart dictates”

 

I hear you whisper.

 

For the third time, I tasted your lips; this time I knew what I had to do. You freed my hands and I pulled you closer, cupping your cheeks as you wrapped your arms around my waist. I deepened the kiss and you responded hungrily.

 

“You don’t know how long I’ve waited for this moment..”

 

“but I’m afraid you’ll leave me tomorrow..”

 

“I can’t.. just leave you..”

 

“a player like you can always do so..”

 

You shook your head as you kiss my forehead. We held hands as we walk towards the library for our project

 

“people say I’m a cheater, a player.. worthless”

 

“I don’t care about what they say..”

 

You smiled

 

“I’m not a player… I’m just waiting for you to see me..”

 

“I’m blinded by your love.. all I can see is you!”


A/n: by the way this is my first song prompt ~ and written back in 2010 (so old T_T) but yes i love the song... 

oh Kei POV i forgot to mention