[henwook] Just So You Know.. Andante

Chie's Song Fic Collection {Super Junior, Hey! Say! BEST, Boyfriend, others by request}

Pairing: Henwook/Yewook
Author: jhengchie
Genre: Angst, romance
Rating: PG-15 (for language)
Summary: I gotta say before I go.
Song Prompt: Just So You Know – Jessie McCartney | Andante – Super Junior/Henry

A/N: The storyline has been bugging me for months now. I really want to write a desperate and suffering Henry. (And yes I’m torturing my biases but only in my fan fictions not in real life.)




I shouldn’t love you but I want to

 

Henry was in his studio with lights out except for the light by the control board. He was staring at his faint reflection by the glass pane, into the empty recording booth. He has been thinking for the past few days on what to do with his problems, and no one, not even his best friend Amber can help.


He lazily rubbed his upper lip with his fore finger thinking of ways to let go of a heart ache. This was the reason why Amber can’t help him: Henry was in love and a forbidden one.

 

His agency would allow him to date any other SM Town artist, even Amber if he would want to but not from other agencies especially YG Entertainment. He was sure he’s not breaking any of his contract provisions when he fell for one of his co-SM Town artist but he was breaking a friendship. You see, Henry’s dilemma was that he was in love with his hyung, specifically Ryeowook who was already dating Yesung.


And so it was a triangle and not a KRY one since Kyuhyun was all pre-occupied with his own matters, which includes M&M’s. But the sad thing about Henry’s condition was it wasn’t even out in the open. For his Zhou Mi gege, both Kyuhyun and Sungmin were aware of what the taller man feels for the gamer. In SJM, Kyuhyun was careful to balance both Sungmin and Zhou Mi, the bunny Min had long accepted their triangle and contradicting any fanfics that they would want to slit each other’s throats.

 

Henry wasn’t lucky like his gege because Yesung is a possessive little monster unlike Kyuhyun. Well he previously dated Siwon but Siwon wanted more than him, he also wanted Heechul, Hangeng, Donghae and the rest of the members which Yesung clearly disliked. For Ryeowook, he was Yesung’s if you want to call him that. He is just the perfect little pet for Yesung who nods at every command even if it hurts the hell out of him, if you know what I mean.Henry cannot blame Ryeowook at all for loving Yesung because the older made sure every little whim of Ryeowook, whether heated kisses or childish acts of affections, were entertained.

 

So this dilemma Henry had is unsolvable unless he reveals once and for all how really feels for the eternal maknae. Henry finally decided and grabbed his coat and walked out of the studio.

 

__..__


“Henry, why are you so late?”Henry was greeted by Ryeowook who was busy composing with his keyboard right after their Sukira gig; Sungmin was now fast asleep in the arms of the gamer maknae and the Chinese doll.

 

“Oh, I was busy doing some stuff at the studio.”


Henry muttered with a faint smile, how could he say straight into those placid eyes what’s bothering him?

 

“You look so tired Henry, you need to rest. Have you eaten?”


Ryeowook asked, turning the keyboard off and closing his laptop, Henry shook his head. Ryeowook then smiled and pulled the younger inside the kitchen and made him sit at the vacant chair.

 

 

“Let’s eat ok?! I haven’t eaten in a couple of hours and am really starving. But you know me, I can’t eat alone, it’s rather lonely.”


Ryeowook muttered as he grabbed stuff from the fridge and cabinets to make something for them. This was Henry’s haven: Henwook exists during the wee hours in the morning and in the kitchen where they have a very late dinner and a very early breakfast. This is the only comfort Henry gets for being in love with a taken man.

 

“So what’s keeping you up lately Henry?”


Ryeowook asked as he placed the bibimbap on the table and handed Henry a spoon. Henry looked at the big bowl and then to his hyung.

 

“Don’t worry, it’s not too spicy.”


Ryeowook answered the questioning gaze and started to dig in as Henry took a mouthful. Ryeowook was known to have an omma figure and Henry was his most cherished since the day the younger lad had to go through hell when he debuted.

 

“I’ve been composing, just like you hyung. You’ve been up making melodies and stuff.”


Henry said in between mouthfuls, Ryeowook smiled at the adorable creature in front of him; well maybe fans were right about Henry being such a hamster, he looks like one.

 

“Is it like ‘All my heart’ or “Biao Bai’?”


Ryeowook asked and Henry smiled at the hyung.

 

“Nope, it’s a bit different.”


Henry said and they both finished the meal and head off to bed.

 

~8~


A couple of days later, Henry was booking his flight ticket to Canada to get some well deserved rest, since Super Junior would have their come back soon. There Henry was again, inside the recording studio this time his new composition playing in the back ground. Leeteuk entered and hummed along with the tune.

 

“I know that this is clearly your song for Ryeowook”


Leeteuk spoke and stunned the maknae.

 

“How’d you know hyung?”


Henry asked and the angel leader replied.

 

“A leader knows s and unfortunately for you, both your SJ and SJM leaders know it too well.”Leeteuk gave Henry a pat and made a few tweaks with the song.


“You have the making of a great musician Henry, but you tend to at love. Apparently, a romanticist like you should crawl out of your cocoon and say what you feel!”

 

Leeteuk said and gave the maknae a peaceful smile.


“Have you listened to Jessie McCartney’s ‘Just so you know’?”

 

Leeteuk asked and the younger nodded.


“Well, learn from that song. You’ll be leaving in a few days and we will be recording this while you spend your time alone in Canada. Might as well go and tell him before you go so you can think clearly back home.”

 

Leeteuk said and Henry was now immersed in his thoughts.


~8~

 

And so Henry asked Ryeowook out for coffee at Handel and Gretel so Ryeowook can quickly go to his Sukira gig later.


“So what’s gotten into you? Do you have any problems?”

 

Ryeowook asked as he sat down across Henry, with a latte on one hand.


“Well hyung, my problem is you.”Henry muttered almost inaudibly. Ryeowook was taken aback.

 

“I’m sorry”


Ryeowook answered.

 

“No.. It’s not like that hyung. Remember during the recording of SJM in Taiwan? When I will be reborn, who among the members would I least like to be and I answered you.”

 

Ryeowook nodded and he was tearful recalling such event.


“Well it’s because I love you so much that I don’t want to be reborn as you. If would be reincarnated, I would want to be Yesung hyung so that I can be the one to freely love you.”

 

Henry added and now Ryeowook was stunned and no words would come out from him, even if he tried to speak. Henry smiled cheerfully and gave his hyung a pat on the back.


“Hyung, just so you know, I tried to hide everything but I figured that you should know this before I go. Have fun hyung!”

 

Henry then bowed at the hyung, a full 90o bow then walked towards the counter to bid goodbye to Jongjin and Mrs. Kim. Ryeowook stared absently at the wall, too stunned to even react at the confession of the younger. It was obvious that Ryeowook cared for the maknae more than any other member but he didn’t realize his acts would make the other fall for him. When he finally got control of himself, he looked around but saw Henry was nowhere to be found.


“Jin, where’s Henry?”

 

Ryeowook asked and Jongjin honestly replied.


“He left a few minutes ago. He should be going to the airport to catch his flight. And you should get going; you’ll be late for your recording.”

 

Jongjin pointed at the clock and Ryeowook hissed out of frustration.


“Thanks!”

 

Ryeowook said and went his way to the KBS building.


~8~

 

The members gathered in one of SME’s recording studio and leader Teuk handed them the lyrics sheet for the song on their repackaged album.


“This is pretty special to me because I worked with Henry on this. I am thankful and blessed that we have him as our brother and member. So let us make our baby proud by bringing out the emotions of this beautiful song.”

 

Leeteuk gave everyone a smile and played the demo tape of the song, the melody filled the room and Henry’s sweet voice started to bring the lyrics alive. They all listened to the heartfelt song and soon Ryeowook was tearful recalling Henry’s confession and goodbye.


“Are you ok sweetie?”

 

Yesung asked as he noticed tears rolling down Ryeowook’s cheeks and the younger nodded.


“I was just deeply moved by the song. The emotions were clearly delivered.”

 

Ryeowook answered.


A few days later, they started recording the song and during Ryeowook’s time, he had to do few more takes to get the song right. He was very emotional and Yesung had requested for a short break. Ryeowook sat on a bench outside the studio and Yesung handed a bottle of water before sitting beside him.

 

“What’s bothering you?! I know you have had emotional attachments to our previous songs but none to this extent.”


Yesung said and Ryeowook looked at him with droopy eyes, red from crying.

 

“Henry’s song, it’s for me.”


Ryeowook said and fresh tears spill from his eyes.

 

“Before he left for Canada, he told me that he love me. I didn’t know what to do or say in return. I sure love him like a real brother but to the extent of dating, I guess not. I don’t like the idea of cheating you Yesung hyung. I love you more than anything in this world but Henry… I can’t seem to get him off my mind after that night.”


Ryeowook muttered and Yesung wiped the tears off his face and embraced the younger.

 

“Ryeowook, I know how you feel about Henry, I know how he feels for you... I know because I can see and I am not blind. To me, Henry is a brother that I care for and it hurt to see both of you suffering because of each other.”


Yesung said now looking at the younger straight in the eyes.

 

“I love you Ryeowook, it will never change but would you want to share?”


Ryeowook was surprised with Yesung’s words.

 

“You don’t like sharing hyung. That’s the reason you broke up with Siwon hyung.”


Ryeowook muttered and Yesung chuckled.

 

“Maybe sharing you love isn’t a bad thing.. Maybe I needed to let go a little to gain a lot.”


Yesung muttered which made Ryeowook smile.

 

“Can I?”


Ryeowook asked and Yesung kissed the younger sweetly.

 

“of course. It would be better if you have someone to spend time with when I enter the military and vice versa. Henry would stay no matter what.”


Yesung said and dragged the younger back to the studio.

 

“Now sing and make our baby proud.”


Yesung said and Ryeowook stood inside the recording booth and sang without hesitation.

 

Now let me wake… Andante



 

>>>AUTHOR'S NOTE<<<

so this was not as angsty as I hoped for but just so you know, I love both Henwook and Yewook and if I have to choose, I’d rather have an OT3.
BTW, I love the HenSung interaction during SS3 Manila encore and Yesung adored the ball of cheeks. And yes he enjoys pinching Henry’s cheeks moe than touching his philtrum.


Now off to update my series..
Leave your thoughts on this story~ I’ll be looking forward to it.