Male Sleepover

Adonis and Aphrodite

 

Back in Wu Fan’s bedroom, Wu Fan paces the floors. “We’re doomed…DOOMED.”

“No, my Granny will be doomed if I don’t get home soon! Can you finally go to my house and reassure her that I’m fine?” Chanyeol begs desperately.

 “Fine, fine. Let me just get my things and we’ll go.”

“What do you need? I already have everything at my house,” Chanyeol assures him with a beam.

Wu Fan stops his pacing at once just to raise an eyebrow and ask Chanyeol dubiously, “Do you have face toner?”

“What?”

“Do you have a microdermabrasion exfoliating cream?”

“Microdermawhosit?”

“Do you have any night serum, white tea lotion, or sugar polish?”

“I think I have some of those things in my kitchen.”

 Wu Fan is not amused. “…I’m getting my things,” he mumbles as he shuts the door behind him.

Chanyeol flops on Wu Fan’s bed, taking in the softness of his bed sheets and the peaceful ambiance of his bedroom. The only thing heard is the ticking of the clock above him and the branches hitting the window sill. It’s relaxing at first. Chanyeol quite liked it. But as each hand of the clock ticks, he grows more and more restless. “So boring…” he sighs, as he throws around a feathered pillow. “Is Wu Fan always this bored? All alone in this big house of his…”

He sprawls over his bed to get comfortable and it finally occurs to him that Wu Fan really is alone in his house. Chanyeol tries to recall the Wu Fan from his childhood. He tries to remember if Wu Fan’s parents ever picked him up from school or attended any teacher-parent conferences. Unfortunately, it’s all just a big, ambiguous blur.

Wu Fan returns with a bulky duffel bag, virtually swelling at the seams. Chanyeol eyes it suspiciously. “Is there a dead body in there?”

“There will be soon,” Wu Fan laughs obnoxiously as he flicks Chanyeol’s forehead with his thumb and forefinger. “OUCH. YOU HAVE GOT TO STOP DOING THAT.”

They both walk together to Wu Fan’s front door, but Chanyeol stops Wu fan from closing the door behind him. “Wait, I’m coming with you!”

“WHY, there is no need.  Don’t worry, your grandmother will not suspect a thing.”

“But, I don’t want to sleep here alone,” Chanyeol mutters, embarrassed by his truthful statement.

Wu Fan crosses his arms and chuckles. “Why? Is the ‘lovable and pretty’ Park Chanyeol scared?”

Chanyeol averts his eyes. “I can’t help it! Your house is huge and quiet and cold and…”

Wu Fan laughs loudly as he slaps Chanyeol on his back, leaving him writhing on the floor in pain. “You’re always scared. There is nothing to be afraid of. I’ve been by myself my whole life.”

Chanyeol gets up off the floor. The way he looks at Wu Fan is far too compassionate. At that moment, Chanyeol wears the expression of a long-time friend that a person can share their hopes, happiness, and hardships with. And it makes Wu Fan incredibly uncomfortable. Wu fan does not want sympathy. He does not want a friend. He especially does not want to get close to Park Chanyeol. He has always hated him, and now he’s already becoming soft. “If you come, it’ll be like a male sleepover.”

“WU FAN, PLEASE!  I MISS MY GRANNY.”

Chanyeol has on his puppy dog eyes and Wu Fan cringes at his own face. But he gives in, letting out a heavy sigh and ruffling up Chanyeol’s hair. “Grandma’s boy,” he says as he bites onto his lower lip.

“Thank you, Wu Fan! I’ll treat you to a crepe, I promise!”

“You owe me one anyways. Buy me one next time.”

Chanyeol smiles from ear to ear. There is going to be a next time.

 

When they arrive at Chanyeol’s house, Chanyeol’s grandmother almost tackles Wu Fan with a hug. For such a tender-looking old woman, she has quite the grip. “Chanyeol! Where were you all day? It is unlike you to run off without your cellphone and not even call.”

Wu Fan twitches his lip in attempts of a smile. “I was with Wu Fan all day, Granny. This is Wu Fan, my classmate,” he forces the attention onto Chanyeol.

Chanyeol waves cheerfully, obviously delighted to see his precious grandmother. His grandmother also pulls him into a tight embrace and it startles Chanyeol and Wu Fan both. “My, my! You’ve grown up to be such a handsome boy, Wu Fan!” she laughs.

Wu Fan’s jaw drops and Chanyeol forces out a laugh. “Chanyeol’s Granny… do you know me?”

She pulls away and pats his arms. “Of course I do. You two were inseparable in grade school. In preschool, you two were so attached at the hip, the teacher had to separate the two of you so you wouldn’t run into mischief. Wu Fan always cried.”

Wu Fan couldn’t stop himself from coughing. “I…cried?! I mean, Wu Fan cried? Impossible, Wu Fan does not cry!”

Wu Fan hears Chanyeol snicker and he punches him discreetly on his scapula bone. His grandmother laughs whole-heartedly. “Wu Fan always cried when it came to Chanyeol. I cannot believe you two do not remember this.”

“No.”

“Not at all…”

“Would you like to stay for supper, Wu Fan?” Chanyeol’s grandmother changes the subject.

“ACTUALLY, I am staying for the night,” Chanyeol giggles madly. Wu Fan lowers his head in mortification.

 

After supper, Wu Fan and Chanyeol make their way into Chanyeol’s bedroom. Wu Fan opens the door to reveal all the pink, paisley, and pink. He throws his duffel bag to the side and flops onto Chanyeol’s ridiculously lacy and feminine bed. “Abomination of a room, we meet again.”

“What’s wrong with my room?”

Wu Fan picks up a stuffed alpaca. “What isn’t wrong with it?”

Chanyeol snatches the stuffed animal out of Wu Fan’s cruel grip. Chanyeol pets the stuffed alpaca lovingly. “You’re safe again. He can’t hurt you now,” he whispers and Wu Fan rolls his eyes.

When Wu Fan gets ready for bed, he pulls over his own sleeping attire, refusing to wear the pink polka dot pajama set Chanyeol wants him to wear. He surveys his body through the body-length mirror. His dress shirt was much larger on Chanyeol’s body, no doubt about it. It drapes over Chanyeol’s slender body, hanging loosely to expose his collarbones and Wu Fan chuckles lowly as he scans himself. “I look like a girlfriend wearing her boyfriend’s shirt.”

Wu Fan’s cheeks flush over, turning almost as pink as Chanyeol’s tacky wallpaper, and he mentally slaps himself. “DO NOT IMAGINE THOSE THOUGHTS!” he commands himself aloud.

“What kind of thought?” Chanyeol reenters the bedroom after brushing his teeth. “Naughty thoughts?” Chanyeol giggles, winking obnoxiously in Wu Fan’s direction.

Wu Fan’s upper lip twitches. “Murderous thoughts.”

Chanyeol turns off the lights and lays down layers and layers of blankets on the floor. There are so many layers, it was thick enough to resemble an entire mattress. Wu Fan is drifting into slumber on top on Chanyeol’s own bed. Chanyeol pouts when he sees the sleeping Wu Fan. “HEY, WU FAN. I kindly set up this bed for you. You sleep there.”

Wu Fan peeks open an eye. “No want.”

Chanyeol pouts even harder. “BUT BUT BUT THAT’S MY BED.”

“Yes, this is Chanyeol’s bed. And I’m Chanyeol. So this is my bed!” Wu Fan sticks out a tongue, laughing arrogantly.  

Chanyeol turns so pink, it’s visible, even in darkness, and he pushes Wu Fan and forces himself between the sheets. “PARK CHANYEOL, WHAT ARE YOU DOING?”

“I’m sleeping here!”

 “No, I’m sleeping here! So you have to move!”

“NO, YOU MOVE.”

“I WILL NOT MOVE.”

“THEN I GUESS WE’RE SHARING THIS BED TONIGHT,” Chanyeol laughs into his ear drums.

Wu Fan and Chanyeol are pulling at Chanyeol’s rainbow quilted blanket. Wu Fan tries to outdo him and eventually wins, stealing the blanket selfishly for himself. Chanyeol curls up into a ball and shivers. “Share the blanket, Wu Fan. It’s cold.”

Wu Fan pulls the blanket even closer to his body and chuckles. “No want.”

Wu Fan tries to fall asleep, but he can’t. Instead, he tries to recall the Chanyeol from his childhood. He tries to recollect memories of hating Chanyeol. He tries to remember that superiority complex that only worsened whenever it came to Park Chanyeol. But all he remembers is Chanyeol’s grandma’s words. So he tries to remember a time when they were friends and Wu Fan would cry because he didn’t want to be separated from Chanyeol, not even for a second. But he sighs in frustration because he couldn’t. It’s all just a big, ambiguous blur.

Wu Fan unravels the quilt blanket and throws half of it onto Chanyeol’s body. Shocked, Chanyeol slowly turns to face Wu Fan. “Wu Fan…” he breathes.

“Save it,” Wu Fan says bitterly. “Just sleep.”

Chanyeol couldn’t help but smile as he watches Wu Fan’s back heave. Wu Fan falls asleep before Chanyeol does. To make sure, Chanyeol peers over Wu Fan’s back. He is breathing rhythmically, eyes shut and mouth a tad open.

When Chanyeol is positive that he is asleep completely, he brushes away the hair grazing onto Wu Fan’s eyes.

“Good night, Wu Fan…” he whispers before falling asleep himself. 


PFFFFFFFT- MAN SLEEPOVER. My favorite chapter so far even though it's fluffity fluff fluffy (and...funny?). Please don't hate me because it's too cringe worthy ASDFGHJKJHGFDS. SO...idrnno if you all know but today I'm going to LAS VEGAS for my belated 21st. In approximately 3 hours actually (AH IT'S SO COLD THE ROADS ARE SLIPPERY AND IT'S A FOUR HOUR DRIVE UGH) But I'll be back in two days so that means no updates for 2 days. I'M SO SORRYYYY but I promise to update when I get back! So SAVORRRR THIS CHAPTER UNTIL THEN ASDFGHJKL. Enjoy your weekend, ; 3; <3 <3 !