Project Adonis

Adonis and Aphrodite

 

“Chanyeol, are you still seeing Sae Rin?”

“No, we broke up.”

Chanyeol’s mother pulls up in front of the school entrance. Their conversations are usually fluid, but Chanyeol isn’t as responsive as usual. So, his mother makes an effort to engage him. “That fast? I quite liked her.”

 “But mom, what if I liked… someone else?”

His mother smiles. “As your mother, I fully support any person you like.”

Chanyeol looks at his mother skeptically. “Really? Any person?”

“You’re going to be late. Get a move on,” she laughs and Chanyeol closes the car door and waves goodbye to his mother.

It’s not even a minute before Luhan appears, jumping animatedly in his fluffy pompom hat and knit scarf. The late bell rings, and Chanyeol assumes that Luhan does not care at all because he takes his time to pull Chanyeol to the side. “Chanyeol! Chanyeol! I devised you a list.”

“A list? What kind of list?”

“For Project Adonis,” he whispers with a wink, taking out a crumpled piece of paper out of his pocket and shoving it in Chanyeol’s hand. “A fail-proof list of things Wu Fan likes. Follow everything on this list and you will gain his trust for sure!”

Chanyeol opens the folded paper suspiciously and Luhan urges him to read it with a push of his hands. Chanyeol inhales before reading the list. “Skin care products, hot beverages, his face, winning, khaki slacks, dress shirts, . Yes, , don’t be fooled. Wu Fan probably likes too…LUHAN, HOW IS THIS GOING TO HELP ME?”

Luhan shrugs. “I don’t know. I just thought you wanted to shower him with gifts and praise him until he agrees to be your friend.”

“Basically, kiss ?”

“Sure, why not?”

Chanyeol slumps over and covers his face in agony. “I don’t know what to do. He doesn’t even want to see me. I call and text but he ignores me every time.”

Luhan squats beside him and pats his back. “You know, me and a few guys are going to go out tonight. Wu Fan actually agreed to go this time, surprisingly. Why won’t you come? It gives him no choice but to talk to you.”

Chanyeol sighs. “I don’t know. Isn’t that kind of cheap?”

“Aren’t you desperate anyways?”

“Oh right.”

When Chanyeol gets ready to go out, he is extremely nervous. Chanyeol usually wears whatever he finds on top of his giant heap of clothing by his bedside, but this time, he wears something out of the closet. He follows Luhan’s list and wears a low scooping top. Sure, the list stated that Wu Fan liked girls wearing low cut tops, but Chanyeol thinks it doesn’t hurt to try. He blow dries his hair, slings on his messenger bag, and bids his grandmother farewell before leaving the house.

Luhan suggests that Chanyeol leaves the house late so he takes his time walking to the local café shop. It is too cold that it leaves him shivering, but he paces himself anyways. He arrives around 7:30 P.M. When he opens the door, he spots Wu Fan immediately. Wu Fan is too tall, standing out amongst his peers even while sitting down. Beside him is Luhan and five other familiar people but Chanyeol is too focused on Wu Fan’s backside. Luhan sees Chanyeol approach him so he tilts his head upward. Aware of his little gesture, Wu Fan turns his head to see Chanyeol. Chanyeol stops when he is greeted with those intimidating eyes.

Wu Fan flashes a menacing look Luhan’s way. “You…” he mutters before he gets up and slams his chair back under the table.

“Wait!” Luhan hollers and Chanyeol stands there frozen.

“What are you waiting for?” Luhan nudges Chanyeol by the elbow. “Go after him!”

Chanyeol timidly nods before following Wu Fan out the café. Luhan smiles, waving fondly as he watches Chanyeol bust out the door. He goes back to his seat, slightly twitching his mouth and Yixing raises an eyebrow. “Uhm…you okay, Luhan?”

Luhan continues to smile and it somewhat frightens his friends. “Stupid Wu Fan left without paying. He better sleep with one eye open tonight.”

 

Meanwhile, Wu Fan continues to walk at a fast pace. Chanyeol scurries, screaming, “Wait, Wu Fan!” and it makes Wu Fan walk even faster.

There are eyes curiously eying the both of them. It makes Wu Fan nervous as his feet start to ache in his patent leather shoes. He eventually turns around and Chanyeol catches up to him. “I told you I never wanted to see you again!”

“I know, Wu Fan. But I cannot let it end like this! I want to properly apologize to you!”

“I don’t want an apology, Chanyeol. I want you to leave me alone! What would your mother think if she knew about you and me?”

“I can’t leave you alone. I don’t want to,” Chanyeol walks a little closer, forcing Wu Fan to go backwards to create a distance between them. He swallows and continues, “I’m sorry for those misunderstandings of the past but I really want to start fresh with you, Wu Fan. I really do.”

“Well I don’t,” Wu Fan says, turning around and walking away from Chanyeol.

Chanyeol cries out to him. “At least let me give you your present!”

Wu Fan stops dead in his tracks. He turns around slightly. “…present?”

Chanyeol takes a few steps closer. “Yeah…”

He rummages through his messenger bag, pulling out a poorly wrapped box covered with pink, laced ribbon. “November 6…today’s your birthday, isn’t it?”

Wu Fan glances at Chanyeol handing him the present. Wu Fan recoils his hand once before taking it. He quickly analyzes the box. “Did…Luhan tell you?”

“No,” Chanyeol awkwardly laughs. “I always knew. I mean, we were classmates for a pretty long time.”

“Well….thanks,” Wu Fan whispers. It’s his first birthday present and no, Luhan giving him the remainder of his bag of pork rinds do not count.  So he was truly thankful even if it is from Park Chanyeol… if not even more so because it is Park Chanyeol.

 “Wu Fan…since it is your birthday, can I at least treat you to dinner?”

Wu fan bites his lip and ‘sure’ soon escapes from his mouth. He finds himself questioning why he accepted his proposal as he drives Chanyeol to an All You Can Eat Barbeque restaurant.  

A waitress directs the two to their seats and they order a plate full of marinated chicken, pork, and beef brisket. The restaurant is as hot as it is loud as waiters busily take orders and people are cooking their meats over noisy grills. It seems that Wu Fan and Chanyeol are the only quiet ones. Wu Fan continues to fry the meat with the tongs without even looking at Chanyeol. It puts Chanyeol off edge, but he has no idea Wu Fan is just as anxious. Wu Fan grills the brisket, putting a good majority of the meat on Chanyeol’s plate, as he continues to ask himself what the hell he is doing at that moment.

It seems every time Wu Fan gives Chanyeol another slab of meat, the last one disappears. Chanyeol continues to devour each one with zeal and it eventually makes Wu Fan laugh.

Chanyeol takes off his thick military jacket without better things to do rather than watch Wu Fan cook. “Eat too. It’s not fair you give me all the meat,” Chanyeol suggests.

Wu Fan puts another pile of cooked beef brisket on Chanyeol’s plate. “It is fair because you’re paying, remember?”

Chanyeol smiles timidly and it is contagious enough that Wu Fan does the same. Chanyeol nods thankfully and eats the meat sloppily with his chopsticks. Wu Fan raises an eyebrow watching him. “Where does all the meat go? You’re all skin and bones.”

“No, I’m actually pretty chubby,” Chanyeol talks with his mouth full.

“No you’re not, I’ve seen your body, do you not remember?”

Chanyeol chokes on a beef brisket and Wu Fan has to give him a glass of water to stop him from coughing. “Y-y-y-you did look!”

Wu Fan chokes himself. “Only, like, once! And by accident! I accidently dropped the soap once and…and…I’M NOT LYING!”

Chanyeol laughs obnoxiously and Wu fan tries to quiet him because people were staring at them with their annoyed expression. Chanyeol continues to laugh, but it is not because of the remark itself. It is because it felt like old times when they were in each other’s bodies. Even when they were in an abnormal predicament, it felt much simpler back when Wu Fan and Chanyeol can bicker like actual friends. Wu Fan flicks Chanyeol’s forehead with his thumb and forefinger. This is probably the first time Chanyeol actually missed Wu Fan’s forehead abuse. “I’m not lying, I swear!” Wu Fan whines, cheeks flushing over.

“I believe you,” Chanyeol smiles once more. And it is that careless smile that Wu Fan usually despises with a passion. But he doesn’t hate it this time.

 His examination of Chanyeol’s smile ends up with Wu Fan examining his collarbones. As Chanyeol leans over the table, his collarbones are far too exposed in his low scooping neckline. Low scooping shirts has always been Wu Fan’s weakness. And it doesn’t really help that Chanyeol’s fair skin and protruding collarbones are really pretty either. Wu Fan gulps visibly as he watches and he ends up burning some meat. “Wu Fan! It’s burning! Let me cook now!”  Chanyeol yelps as he steals Wu Fan’s tongs.

Chanyeol’s eyelashes are long. His skin is pretty too, there’s no need for skin products. And his hair looks incredibly soft. When Wu Fan and Chanyeol were in each other’s bodies, Wu Fan was constantly looking at his own face.  Back in his own, it is only now that he can be more aware of Chanyeol’s face. And it makes his insides lurch forward. “Chanyeol…”

Chanyeol tilts his head up, eyes bright and twinkling under fluorescent lighting. “Y-yes?” he replies. Wu Fan chews away at his bottom lip.

 

“...Do you want to stay the night?” 


Finished writing this at 4 in the morning so I'm a bit out of it. Also, I'm running out of things to gif. If I don't find HQ KRISYEOL things to gif soon, I might end up using Tao as the banners (ASDFGHJKL JOKING) !  <3