Cohabitation

Adonis and Aphrodite

 

Chanyeol’s pulse quickens as he awaits Wu Fan’s response. Wu Fan stays silent as he taps onto his steering wheel and looks up into the far distance through foggy mirrors. Instead of answering him, Wu Fan suddenly grabs the back of Chanyeol’s head and pushes him forward until their lips are crushed together. Wu Fan shoves his tongue into Chanyeol’s mouth and Chanyeol tries to resist by pushing him away. “MMMPHH!”

He continues to punch at Wu Fan’s stomach and chest, but all those efforts are worthless. Wu Fan’s hands are latched onto Chanyeol’s hair too tightly and his tongue digs deep into his mouth without any sign of release. It is only when Chanyeol bites down onto Wu Fan’s tongue mercilessly that he finally pulls out.

“!” Wu Fan shrieks, grabbing onto his throbbing tongue.

“You can’t just avoid conversation like that, Wu Fan. That’s cheap.”

“Chanyeol, let’s just forget about this, alright? Just go get some sleep and I’ll call you tomorrow.”

“No, I most certainly will not just forget this. If you don’t talk to mom...then…then…I will!”

Chanyeol unfastens his seatbelt and shuts the car door behind him recklessly. Wu Fan tries to undo his before he gets out of his car as quickly as possible. He tries to chase after him but Chanyeol dashes towards his house too rapidly. He slams the door before Wu Fan can even reach the front patio. “,” Wu Fan curses, kicking the ground in frustration. Wu Fan unwillingly forces himself to drive home.

Meanwhile, Chanyeol makes quite the ruckus when he enters his house. He kicks off his shoes to the side ridiculously loud. It’s loud enough to startle his mother and she runs towards the obscenity. “Chanyeol, what’s wrong?” she asks.

Chanyeol’s much too angry, much too heated to refrain himself from yelling. “NOTHING!”

She stays still, unsure of how to respond. It is the first time she has ever seen her son so angry. It troubles her endlessly.  “Did…your date not go well?” she musters up the courage to speak.

Chanyeol huffs. “N-no.”

His mother looks at him as if he is a mild infestation and so he persists. “Actually, it was great. It was perfect. We went downtown. And all the girls looked pretty envious when they saw us holding hands. And some people looked at us strangely, but we didn’t care. Because we got to go browse at the venues for a bit. And I got him to wear this really ugly hat I found. I took a picture with my phone when he wasn’t looking. I’m going to use it to blackmail him.” Chanyeol smiles with downcast eyes. “That picture is now my treasure.”

He snaps back into reality and remembers why he was so angry to begin with. “But…sometimes, he makes me so mad. He’s so stupid! He’s so stubborn! Stupid Wu Fan! AGHHHHH!” Chanyeol is going insane, pulling on his hair and throwing his coat onto the ground. Although she is silent, his mother is in turmoil as well. “Chanyeol. P-pardon me? Did you say-”

“Wu Fan. Wu Fan, mom.”

He takes a step closer to her. “He’s the one I went on the date with.”

She shakes her head frantically, eyes eerily focused on Chanyeol. “No. You cannot. Not him. I FORBID IT.”

“Why, mom? WHY?” He’s so flustered that he starts shaking his mother by her petite shoulders. “Is it because he’s a boy, mom? Do you not like that I like men?”

“No…no. I don’t care about that. I’ll introduce you to boys if you like. Girls, boys, anyone… you name it! If that’s what you want! Just…not him. Not him, please, sweetheart. I’m begging you!”

Chanyeol sees desperation in her eyes. It frightens him when she clutches onto his arms and shakes him. “Not Wu Fan!”

Chanyeol could no longer endure her objections and pulls away from her grasp.

 “BUT I LOVE HIM!”

His mother takes a few steps back, almost stumbling in the process. “L-love...”

“Yes.” Chanyeol inhales deeply and closes his eyes to recollect his thoughts. “I love Wu Fan. I love him, okay? I’ve been in love with him! FOR YEARS, MOM. YEARS.”

“B-but…Chany-”

“Mom!” Chanyeol starts tearing up as soon as he sees her mother’s eyes redden and lips quiver. It breaks his heart to see his usually bright and cheerful mother so sullen….so heart wrenching. This is the first he’s ever seen this side to his mother but he realizes this is the mother that Wu Fan has ever known. This woman, in front of his very eyes, is Wu Fan’s mother that Wu Fan has tried so desperately to contain. But no matter how pure his intentions were, Chanyeol neglects all of Wu Fan’s wishes and wants that he forces onto Chanyeol. Wu Fan wants to protect his mother, his family, and Chanyeol himself. But there is no one to protect Wu Fan. Chanyeol just wants to give Wu Fan the family he so righteously deserves.

“I know that he’s your biological son.”

“Wu Fan told you!”

“Yes he told me, but I pushed it out of him! It was me, Mom! He never wanted to tell me, but I was just too persistent, alright? He’s not a bad person. He kept it a secret for years in order to protect you. Because even if you abandoned him, he still loves you. Did you know that, mom? Did you know he truly loves you? He didn’t want to ruin your happiness. In that way, he stayed away…he…he stayed away in order to fade into nonexistence.”

Chanyeol starts sobbing hard. Salty tears stream down his face and his eyes, cheeks, and lips turn vivid pink. It gives his mother no opportunity to rebuke as all she can do is watch her son cry in genuine remorse. When his crying lessens, he continues through gritted teeth. “I don’t think I can continue watching him suffer like this all by himself. No matter how mature and strong he may seem, I know he’s weak and vulnerable. He needs me, mom. And…I need him too.”

His mother starts to stagger. She brings her hand to her forehead as a sign of lightheadedness. Chanyeol catches her and guides her to the living room’s sofa. He sits and he rushes to get her a glass of water and two painkillers. She throws it back with eyes shut and faces her son in regret. “I’m a sham of a mother. It is true. I’ve done nothing but lied to you and your father for all these years and I’m sorry, sweetheart. These lies…they eat me up inside. It’s hard to eat. It’s hard to sleep. But I ignore these feelings because I was so happy being your mother.”

Her words are so slow. She slurs as she talks and her hands are shaky as well. Chanyeol holds onto them to calm her and to show that he is attentive, to show that he cares. “Once, I was in love with Wu Fan’s father. So although I did not come from a wealthy background and his family resented me, I married him. But his attraction to me faded as their manipulation and family morality invaded that scholarly head of his. He became cold and careless. At that time, I believed I had depression. He ignored all my warnings and did not admit his faults when I was diagnosed with bipolar. I was going down a spiral of nothingness…that is, until I met your father. And so, I cheated on Wu Fan’s father with your dad. Their family did not want to taint their family name and I had to file for divorce and sworn to secrecy.”

She laughs sadly and small tears stream her face once more. “But I didn’t care that they basically kicked me out. Because I hated them and I loved your father and I loved you and that was all that mattered to me! I was stupid! I was selfish! I left Wu Fan alone and I realized far too late!”

His mother cups her face, crying into them loudly. He rubs her back to console her. “It’s never too late. You can change it right now. You can still apologize to Wu Fan. You can still tell Dad!”

She immediately lifts her head and eyes him with her swollen ones. “I…can’t tell your father. He would…hate me…he would…”

“He would not hate you. Dad loves you.”

“What I did was appalling! I have a secret son I’ve been keeping from him for more than a decade!”

“YOU HAVE TO TELL HIM.”

“I CAN’T. I KNOW IT’S IMMORAL BUT I JUST…CANNOT, CHANYEOL.”

“LIKE MOTHER LIKE SON. YOU AND WU FAN ARE BOTH STUBBORN AS A ROCK.”

Chanyeol lefts go of his mother and storms upstairs. She trails him hurriedly, but stops by the stairway. “Where are you going?!”

“To Wu Fan’s! And I’m not coming back until you tell Dad!”

“Chanyeol, please don’t do this!”

Her words are so despairing and Chanyeol truly hated himself for how cruelly he was treating his mother. It is the first time he’s ever spoken to his mother in such a disrespectful way. Everything Wu Fan predicted was happening in front of his very eyes.

He quickly stuffs various clothes he has scattered on the floor into his duffel bag. His mother tries to stop him, but he ignores her every attempt. “Chanyeol, I’m forbidding you to go!” she cries out as he is halfway out the front door.

He turns slowly to face his miserable mother and sighs. “Once… You told me that you would support any person that I liked. You said any person.”

He examines his mother for one final second before he walks out of the door and into the cold. His grandmother sneaks up behind his mother immediately after and Chanyeol’s mother gasps in fright. “I didn’t see you there, Mrs. Park,” she sighs in relief. “You scared me.”

“Where’s Chanyeol going at this time of night?”

“O…off.”

The Grandmother raises an eyebrow. “It’s not like Chanyeol to walk off like this In the middle of the night.”

Chanyeol’s mother bites her lip nervously. “Chanyeol has been a bit rebellious lately.”

The Grandmother pats Chanyeol’s mother’s back as she chuckles softly. “People do crazy thing when they’re in love. Walking off into the night. Protesting against their parents’ wishes. Some even commit the most foulest of acts.”

She closes the door and beams brightly. “For love, even lying, abandonment, and manipulation are not out of the question.”

 

When Chanyeol paces efficiently, he makes it to Wu Fan’s in only fifteen minutes. He finds the spare key ‘hidden’ under Wu Fan’s door mat and opens it seamlessly. When he swings the door open, he sees Wu Fan sitting on the sofa with headphones sealing in all music and letting in no other sound. Chanyeol lounges towards him and hugs him by the waist. “WHAT? WHO?!” Wu Fan yells in fright.

Chanyeol nuzzles his head into Wu Fan’s lap. “It’s me, Chanyeol. Who else?”

“Chanyeol, what are you doing here?”

He gets off of Wu Fan and points at the duffel bag he threw by the doorway. Wu Fan just lets his mouth hang slightly open is disbelief.

“This again? You can’t sleep over, Chanyeol.”

“I’m not sleeping over.” Chanyeol lets out an exhale and smiles bashfully. “I’m moving in.”

“WHAT?” Wu Fan leaps off the couch in one swift motion and he tugs at Chanyeol’s arm. “No way, you have to go home. What if-”

“Mom knows. I told her. I told you I would. I did it. And I told her I’m not going back until she talks to Dad so I’m not going back on my word. I’m staying.”

Wu Fan grabs onto Chanyeol’s arm tighter and grimaces. “For heaven’s sake, Chanyeol!”

Chanyeol reels Wu Fan in by the arms and kisses Wu Fan passionately. He imitates Wu Fan’s technique and rolls his tongue, grazes his lips with teeth, and teases him with small pecks and nibbles all over. It is the first time Chanyeol takes initiative and Wu Fan is too startled to even breathe. Chanyeol pulls away and smiles when he sees Wu Fan’s cheeks blush, visible even through dim lighting. “Don’t be mad at me, Wu Fan. I did a lot of crying earlier. I just want to be happy right now.”

He smiles his usual smile with all teeth and dimples exposed. Chanyeol’s smile is beautiful. Chanyeol’s smile is infectious. Wu Fan cannot help but go with the flow and he ends up chuckling instead of arguing. “Alright, I’ll let you off easy this time.”

Chanyeol giggles before tacking Wu Fan with another hug. “Thank you, Wu Fan.”

Wu Fan feels the coldness of Chanyeol’s body and the wetness of his hair when Chanyeol rests his head on Wu Fan’s shoulder and wraps his arms around Wu Fan’s torso tightly. Wu Fan covers his back in attempts to warm him up. Even while standing up in such an awkward position, it just feels right.

 

Wu Fan is positive that if Chanyeol were to ask him again, his immediate answer would be “I love you too.”

 


i hate school ಥ‿ಥ ಥ‿ಥಥ‿ಥಥ‿ಥಥ‿ಥ but i need this class to transfer whyyyyy asdfghjkl.

ahem. anyways. hiiiii again! I'm so happy many of you decided to comment and answer the questions last chapter. It's more fun to get involved in my opinion hahaaa. Maybe being able to converse with like minded individuals would make  someone feel a teeeeeeny bit happier. Just. maybe ? Or not. Idrrnnno. asdfghjkl. But yes, I hope I commented back to everyone because with the inflow of comments, I may have missed ; 3 ; but I read them all and took them all into consideration. Everyone has very distinct genre preferences so I guess i just got to find a plot and see where it goes from there~ (Becaause I'm basically winging the whole thing :I WHUT. )

Bye until next chapterrrrr <3 <3 !


Sorry this author note is so very long. Just ignore this if you'd like! ~  So because of the character limit on the comment section (BOOO) I'm going to answer ing's question to me asdfghjkl thanks for asking bby <3 She asks: 

1) What are your ships in kpop? 

I have too many ships because I'm grosss u _ u but right now for exo I serious ship krisyeol (wow) kaixing and taohan. But i squeal for all yixing ships. if it's with lay, i ship it. no lie. so i ship badeul seoya yadong taepyo kyumin etc etc but there's not a lot of myungwoo jaeco kangmin zico x sandeul shippers. Uhm...this list is not very helpful because I have as many ships as I have makeup so yuh ;  u ; 

2) and bias?

Kris. Kris. Kris. Kris. Kris. Kris. Do you guize wanna see my room? It's kris all day er'day. No one is allowed in it because I'm embarrassed ~ :3 But I have a lot of biases. It's just he's my numero uno. 

3) and fandom?

Exo Mblaq Block B Suju Infinite mostly. But I love most groups. Is Frank Ocean a fandom? He's divine. 

4) and why you write so well omg i'm curious and whatthehelli'msaying.

UHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH...I'm a liberal arts major but my previous major was English (I changed my major from fashion design to graphic design to child development to english and now liberal arts otl ) ! And uhm, I like english comprehension. But I don't write too well tbh, I'm proficient at best :3 Thank you very much though <3 <3 It was fun answering questions hahaha!